My 2016 F12 Build | FerrariChat

My 2016 F12 Build

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by rockitman, Mar 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #1 rockitman, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a build. I'm trying to keep it under $390K (hard to do with a lust for CF). This is my first whack at a configuration. I spec'd the smoking kit...Does that give you a 12v cigarette lighter power port ?

What do you all think ? Thanks in advance.

F12 $326,745 Base

Options:

Exterior paint Grigio Titanio Metallizzato N/C
    Scuderia Shields on Fenders(LOGO) - $1,767.00
    20" Matt Grigio Corsa Painted Forged Wheels(RIFS) - $5,942.00
    AFS Front Headlight System(AFS1) - $3,212.00
    Hi-Fi Premium Sound System(SNDB) - $5,965.00
    Heat Insulating Windscreen(HAW1) - $1,204.00
    Front Parking Camera w/Dual view(PAC2) - $3,212.00
    Front Suspension Lift(ELEV) - $5,461.00
    Additional CD Reader(CDRE) - N/C

CF Racing Seat(RSCH) - $8,673.00
    Special Contrast Stitching(STC2) Filo Speciale Grigio Chiaro - $722.00
    Embroidered prancing Horse/Headrest(EMPH) - $1,204.00
    Dashboard Inserts CF(DATR) - $7,227.00
    Central Tunnel CF(CILR) - $3,051
    Cup Holder CF(CITP) - $3,533.00
    Exterior Sill Kick CF(CISK) - $2,248.00
    CF Driver Zone/LED Steering Wheel(CIDL) - $7,420.00

Total: $387,586.00
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    You should add cf driving zone (steering wheel and paddles) and led read out in steering wheel

3. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    You might be able to live without SNDB and PAC2?

dry4re: The last item on the list is the same you commented about...

4. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Isn't that the last option on my list ?

Ie: CF Driver Zone/LED Steering Wheel(CIDL) - $7,420.00

5. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I'm probably good without the camera since parking sensors front and rear are standard.

What's the difference between the standard and hi power stereo ? Other than more wattage, does it sound a lot better ?

6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Great specs . Re the premium sounds system I did get that on my car and it is much better then the standard systems in other Fcars I own it is not as good as many of the high end systems in other cars but I consider it will worth the cost. I also have the rear camera and recommend it highly while it cost to much it is a nice addition and me feel better about backing up..
    One other item that I have that I think adds a lot to the look is the carbon fiber front spoiler it gives a nice high quality look to it I forget the cost but it is what is.
    Best of luck with it you will love the car....
    Did you get the leather reAr bulkhead and luggage cover forget what they call it
    One more thing I got them to due blackalcantara carpet in the interior was not expensive but looks great.

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Looking good Congrats - Enjoy in good health :)

8. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Get urself an e-cig.

9. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Looks great!! At the rate my F12 order is going, you'll probably get yours before I get mine��!!

10. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian

I don't smoke. In regard to the smokers kit, do you need it if you want a cigarette lighter power port ? What do most people do with that option ?

Anyone have a picture of f12 with and without smoker kit ?

11. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Under door cf- ~$9k
    Cf door panels ~$7k
    Passenger display ~$4k

12. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    You might look at doing your exterior carbon fibre in blue if you have any - works well with the blue tinge in titanio. I have blue carbon inside and out on my titanio and it works really well although my interior is blu scurro and cuoio which may work better than black with the blue carbon. There are a few pictures in my Aperta On The Road thread in the 458 section.

13. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    No idea about the SMOK option but by default, there is one 12V power socket under the center armrest in the F12.

As for SNDB, it depends entirely on your personal preference. I have never even turned the audio system on in any of my "nice" cars. Therefore, I always skip the "premium" sound option. If you don't care for it, choosing it will just add weight because of extra speakers, bigger amp with bigger power supply, etc. and in some cases, extra electronic complexity. And of course, it's usually quite expensive for what it is.

Now, I do get the "what's an extra $6K if you're buying a $XXX K car" argument. But because of the aforementioned non-monetary reasons, I have proactively skipped the premium audio stuff in Ferraris.

But, someone with different preferences could make an equally rational opposite argument.

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Looks good- I love Grigio Titanio and is that nero interior? I love the Grigio Chiaro stitch. Great choice!

Do you have CF on the door panels? I think since you want CF you should go all the way. How about CF rear bench trim (CIRZ $2,891).

Also you should considerthe seat lifter (RSES- $2,409).

Not sure about the smoking kit.

You should definitely have the rear camera. I love having sensors but the cameras are really nice to have- hard to add after the fact. And I think they will become important to maybe very important for resale. Everything now days has cameras- everywhere.

I also suggest the sports sill covers (PEXS - $1,179) this is purely a matter of taste but I think the F12 side looks a drop bulky and the sports sill covers as they are a dark grey help to hide the bulk. They also line up with the rear grey pieces and front grey splitter.... Along those lines you might want to look at EMR1- rear view mirror underside painted dark - $722. It will echo the other dark areas and helps to reduce the visual bulk of the mirrors.....

Extra weight of of the hi-fi is likely negligible especially in a car that weights around 4,000lbs. Another option you could not easily retrofit after the fact and I think entirely in keeping with a street car.

15. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Under door cf only makes sense if you do the rear diffusor and front splitter in CF, imho.

16. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The interior is spec'd charcoal...which means the dash is Nero...poor man's two tone I guess. Not sure if I should change charcoal to Nero or not. Thanks for the other tips. I will consider them.

17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Nothing "poor man" here :) Its all good. Personally I think the charcoal is a little bit too muted. I think you should go nero or something like sabbia (or maybe beige) but thats just my take. I'd probably also spec the diamond wheels as I find the grey panted ones too monotone but again just personal preferences...

18. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I will probably change to Nero interior leather. Added sports sill covers (PEXS) to match the the rear diffuser and tail pipe surrounds. I'm leaving off the CF door inserts and rear bench...not worth 10k to me. I'm trying to keep the build under 390. I may change to the matte Grigio Corsa not forged wheel...saves $3k and I like the look. Are the forged wheels much lighter or is it a strength issue ?

19. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think its both (lighter & stronger). Given our broken roads I'd go with the forged wheel as the cast wheels are so much easier to gently bend- literally every time you drive you'll be gently bending the wheels... you might not see it but you'll feel it as road force.

20. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Cool...I'm staying the course with forged.

21. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    I have the front and rear parking cameras on my F12, invaluable. the car is long, and it is impossible to tell exactly where the front splitter is when you are parking.

You might want to reconsider the heated wind screen and afs system though, maybe that would be a good place to pair down some cost.

Cheers,

Ron

22. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I thought the heat insulating windscreen was a bit tougher and more resistant to stone chips than standard ? Is AFS a waste ? I do little night driving.

23. ferraribrit

ferraribrit Karting

Feb 27, 2009
    Ridgeland, MS
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I wouldn't bother with the insulated windshield or hifi. Had them on my '15 but didn't order for my '16. The standard stereo is pretty awful, but I never turned it on in the '15 so didn't think worth it. Can't tell difference with windshield. I concur with sport sill cover.

If you want the front lifter, AFS is required.

However you spec it, you can't go wrong because it is a fabulous car!!

Best, Paul

24. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Here's the latest build. Have rear only view camera and added Sport Sill Covers to match the darker color for the diffuser, front splitter ect.

F12 $326,745 Base

Options:

Exterior paint Grigio Titanio Metallizzato - N/C
    Scuderia Shields on Fenders(LOGO) - $1,767.00
    Sports Sill Covers(PEXS) - $1,179.00
    20" Matt Grigio Corsa Painted Forged Wheels(RIFS) - $5,942.00
    AFS Front Headlight System(AFS1) - $3,212.00
    Hi-Fi Premium Sound System(SNDB) - $5,965.00
    Inner/Outer Electro-Chromatic-Mirrors/Homelink(MIH2) - $515.00 or N/C - listed as standard equip. ?
    Heat Insulating Windscreen(HAW1) - $1,204.00
    Rear Parking Camera (PAC1) - $3,533.00
    Front Suspension Lift(ELEV) - $5,461.00
    Additional CD Reader(CDRE) - N/C

CF Racing Seat(RSCH) - $8,673.00
    Embroidered prancing Horse/Headrest(EMPH) - $1,204.00
    Special Contrast Stitching(STC2) Filo Speciale Grigio Chiaro - $722.00
    Dashboard Inserts CF(DATR) - $7,227.00
    Central Tunnel CF(CILR) - $3,051
    Cup Holder CF(CITP) - $3,533.00
    Exterior Sill Kick CF(CISK) - $2,248.00
    CF Driver Zone/LED Steering Wheel(CIDL) - $7,420.00

options subtotal: $62,342.00

Grand Total: $389,086.00

25. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thanks for that...good to know. AFS stays. I'm still torn on the stereo. Does the premium system have more than added power...like better speakers for example ?