FCA-SW Hawaii Members | FerrariChat

FCA-SW Hawaii Members

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by TrojanFan, Dec 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Any of the local guys know how many active FCA-SW members there are in Hawaii? I just received my new Sempre Ferrari copy and notice that 3 new members joined. It looks like the Hawaii members get lost among those of us here in Southern California.

I just floated out to one of the directors the idea about a FCA-SW trip/gathering in Hawaii. What would the interest level be in the Hawaii members hosting/arranging some drive or event? I'm not an officer or director but it sounds potentially like a fun idea to me.

2. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think I am still an "active" member but I don't have any time in my life to do anything other than breath.

If someone organized something FCA related in advance though I would move my schedule around to make sure I attended.

If I had to guess I would say there are 10-15 FCA members/potential members on Oahu.

I have done some drives here on Oahu over the past 6 months but we are talking a few people and it is anything but public information. Small island. 35mph speed limits everywhere. very, very few places to "drive".

3. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Bumping this again to see if there is any traction on the Hawaiian side. My initial inquiry to FCA-SW got bumped up to the next level so maybe some FCA event in Honolulu get to a planning stage. Anyone have a good contact at Ferrari of Hawaii?

4. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Well I would certainly be interested to attend such an event. I only met 3 potential FCA members. Ideal would be FCA to contact the Hawaii members and put a feeler out there. I'm sure there would be a good attendance. -Aloha

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It kills me to see the multiple California events each month it seems. The closest thing we have to honoring our cars is the events that the Ferrari Dealership hosts every so often. It would make you CA guys cry to witness our "scene". Still we are loyal, against all odds; unmarked police, potholes that can put you at a 5 figure repair! Tourists, wild pigs, coconuts, hoards of weed wacker operators roadside that maintain our roads from vegetation, rain and more rain, salt, gawking tourists, tour buses, poorly maintained commercial trucks spewing their loads everywhere.

We have surf though and lunch plates!

6. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Trying to push the idea to FCA. Its a good excuse for another Island trip and a chance to embrace our FCA brothers. As mentioned earlier, I'm not an officer or a director but I have passed the suggestion on and have volunteered to work on setting something up if the club goes for it. If they do, I'm sure that I'll be provided the Hawaii members list and will need some help and suggestions to organize something. Probably be more of a social event than anything else.

Peter

7. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There is some cool stuff hiding around the island. Not sure how to lure them out though.

8. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #8 TrojanFan, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Any of the locals have any idea on how Ferraris or Ferrari owners there are in Hawaii? I found out from FCA-SW that we only have 8 members currently listed in Hawaii which I found to be surprisingly low. Of that 2 were on the Big Island, 2 on Maui and 4 on Oahu. It may be that several are owners transplanted from other parts of the country and have membership elsewhere or it may simply be that the local owners have not seen enough benefits to warrant joining. We need to change that.

I'm trying to get something off the ground for a FCA-SW meet in Honolulu in 2016. Its starting to pick up some traction now.

9. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Wow! I'm certain I know the other 3 Oahu members. This island is certainly small.
    Thanks for trying to make this take off

10. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The next question is how many of you Hawaii Ferrari owners are not currently an FCA member? Those who are members are easy enough to track down. If you are not a member, I'd like to get a count and what Island you are on.

11. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm a member but still listed as northwest USA region.

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You are not showing up in our totals then. Trying to get something going. Just wondering if there are a few non-members who haven't bothered to join. I have had a few tell me that they don't see much benefit being in Hawaii.

13. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    FCA-SW Board Meeting today and it looks like a gathering with our Hawaiian brothers (and sisters) will be a go for sometime late this year or early next year. We hope to reach out to the local dealer as well as the local members for support and organization help. It will be a chance for our chapter to socialize, maybe a drive and hopefully recruit some new members.

I'm assuming that with a dealership in Honolulu, that they are selling some new cars in the Islands as well. The 10% off parts and service alone should make membership worth the price.

In any case, I'm looking forward to a fun event. Who in the islands is interested - (Members or not)?

14. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hawaii is different to the mainland. The culture makes this difficult.

"I'll be there brah!"

That means it sounds cool and if someone reminds me and I don't have anything interesting going on I may be convinced to go if hounded about it.

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I know what you mean as I used to live there, be it 30 years ago.

In any case, its really three fold: Socialize with the Hawaiian members of our FCA chapter and increase involvement (good photo opp. too), chance to add new members and if all else fails, it's a good excuse to So. California members to take a trip to Hawaii.

I'm there at least once a year anyway. I might as well combine the two.

Maybe we will convince you to transfer your membership to our chapter.

Peter

16. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    I probably don't count, but for the sake of your data, I was FCA for many years but then it didn't really make sense so I ended that relationship. Then I moved my f-car up to the mainland even though I still call Honolulu home. Sometimes I miss having an f-car in Hawaii to hang with the bruddahs, but I know the car is much happier there for reasons raised earlier in this thread.....besides I get to see her often enough, boy I hope that didn't sound too weird.

17. bcb70

bcb70 Karting

Mar 30, 2013
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Brian B
    I am definitely interested in getting together in Hawaii. I'm an FOC member but not an FCA-SW member. Hopefully that won't matter

Brian

18. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Chance for you to join! Some of the events will be members only but I am hoping that they will see this as a potential recruiting tool and open some events up to non-members.

19. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Love Oahu....but I really don't see taking the Fcar out there....I can't think of a road that would be great and I'm not sure it fits with how I would want to represent myself....

How do you guys feel about it?

20. 57bruce

57bruce Rookie

Jun 22, 2007
    I am on the FCA-SW board and we are interested in pursuing this. The concept would be a get-together for both Hawaiian members and people coming from the mainland (such as me). The most logical place would be Oahu. FCA members, FOC members, past members and non members would all be welcome. We would schedule a couple of days of events and a luau.

I rented a Corvette a couple of years ago and drove around the island and know what you mean about the speed limits and traffic - but it was still fun!

Speaking of which, transporting your Ferrari to the event would be great but not required. I found there are Ferraris for rent in Honolulu but they are very expensive so I would probably go with a Corvette again. However even mini-vans and econoboxes would be welcome to participate.

We are considering November of this year or March of next - any recommendations?

We are especially open to suggestions of drives and places to go on Oahu. Let us know!

21. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks Bruce! Its not my Ferrari but I may just rent a Mustang for the trip. (It has a horse on it!) I'll look like a thousand other tourists there but I can still enjoy the weather and the beautiful scenery.

Looking forward to it.