Anyone know this 2002 Maserati manual Spyder from Pfaff? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this 2002 Maserati manual Spyder from Pfaff?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ONSilver, Feb 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Getting close to buying this 55000 kilometres grey/black 2002 Maserati GT Spyder with manual transmission (not F1).

Anyone know anything about ZAMBB18A120006197. It's at Pfaff Porsche in Woodbridge, Ontario.

Any comments on Pfaff?

Any ideas on value?

Thanks in advance! Oliver

2. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Oliver, I couldn't find the Maserati on Pfaff's website. I owned a 2004 Maserati Spyder GT The "GT" signifies that it's a stick shift. The "CC" is "cambio corsa" with paddle shifts, a transmission that I personally found clunky and I don't think is as well regarded as the Ferrari's F-1, of the same vintage. Most spyders were equipped with the CC, so a GT model is quite rare and, I believe more desirable. This view seemed to be supported by FMoV when I sold the car on consignment through them about 4 years ago. The early year spyders had noticeable cowl shake, which was reduced for the 2004 model year. The power top is very complex with three electric motors and a hydraulic system. The tops are prone to operational glitches and can be expensive to fix. And, as with many "computer" cars, you can get challenging CEL warnings. Wonderful engine. Plenty of power. Very comfortable GT car. PM if you wish. Jon

3. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    I had one of these several years ago and the cowl shake was excessive. I would look for a coupe with low miles, and six speed manual.
    good luck

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Don't know the car in particular but know the dealer is well regarded. Is it at their Porsche division? Message me if you like as I know some good guys there...

5. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Deal done, delivery now pending. Getting excited to see how 390HP in a floppy chassis works!

6. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congratulations. It will be a comfortable soft-top GT car. It might not be a flat-plane crank, but the engine makes nice sounds and is definitely something special. Enjoy! Jon

7. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Thank you Jon. Your comments and help was invaluable! Thanks to everyone - pictures coming soon! Oliver

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Congrats ! Enjoy iT in good long Heath, and thank you for keeping the economy going !

9. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash
    Congrats! Always good to see another Masi owner. I have an 06 Gransport. Love it. Enjoy in good health.

10. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    So far so good, apart from the weather! Car's ucked away in my heated garage, and will get a good cleaning and wax in the next few days. Wheels off and away being refinished as I write this. They should be back Thursday. Now, that weather..... can't wait to get it out (errr, the car, that is)!

11. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Congrats - M. GT is a great car especially 3 pedal ... enjoy it in good health. Let us meet at some events this year ...

12. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    #12 ONSilver, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. isaydingdong

isaydingdong Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2014
    ny
    Full Name:
    Sy Sperling
    Stunning color combination

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I had this exact car (bought it new) with the other style wheels and a tobacco (dark red) interior.

I finally gave it up 2 years ago.

I really enjoyed it. Service is cheaper than Ferrari. But, they can get expensive to repair.

15. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    #15 ONSilver, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Thanks to all who commented so far. The Alfieri Grey is growing on me, and I do think the wheels with red calipers is a nice colour offset. Almost certainly won't do it, but wonder what a Chiaro Blue exterior would look like to match my 412.

The good servicing cost news is the engine is timing chain driven, not belts, so I think The Mayor is right when he predicts lower maintenance costs. Have to be careful in rain and puddles (what's that he asks) as the air intake is mounted so low that the water can get sucked into the cylinders and hydro-lock the engine.

I am really quite excited to get to know the car this year, and plan to try a run to San Jose California in the fall to see one of my two sons who works and lives there. Can't keep the Rolling Stones out of my head on Route 66, so bought the CD! (Yes, the player works!)

Happy motoring to all!