Cessna TTX | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cessna TTX

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Pinarello, Mar 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    No, I wouldn't. I'd rather have a Citation 501 with the Sierra conversion to Williams engines, if I needed the cabin space, or an Eclipse if I thought all my travel would be by myself (which is unlikely).

2. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #27 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think Austin's going to sell this, I think he wants to go back to a 400. He's guilty of the fuel l burn...I know. But that's him. This one has an extra big engine. I think it's 950hp. Damn fast for something with a fan out front.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You need to compare planes in the same price range. I'd rather have a Challenger 300 than my PC12.

4. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    JetA is cheaper than Avgas.

The fuel burn of the Evolution is higher but it's going a lot faster.

I feel my PC12 is no more expensive to run than the G36 Bonanza I had before it.

5. lsanger

lsanger Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    I have a 2014 TTX. I have been happy with the plane. There are some improvements over the Columbia 400 which I thought were worthwhile. The G2000 is incredible and I think a significant upgrade from the G1000. I have the composite prop on mine which weighs 30 lbs less and moves the CG aft which is helpful on this airplane.

My biggest complaint is you really cannot run the airplane rich of peak and keep the CHT below 380, especially on hot day. Officially anything under 400 is acceptable but I try to keep the CHTs below 380.

There have been some SBs but all covered under warranty. Cessna and Broadies Aircraft have been great at servicing the plane. I bought mine after having a friend with a 2013 that he really enjoyed.

This is a great plane for 1-2 people and bags for less than 800 miles. Hard to find anything as fast and economical for that mission.

6. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    With proper technique a turbocharged airplane flying LOP will lose very little speed relative to ROP ops. Read everything you can from the guys at GAMI on LOP operations. You'll never fly ROP again.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    One of the bigger complaints with early 400's is you can't get them to run hot enough. They first created that manual flap in the cowl which mine has, then they did a more automatic fix something oil pump/etc. Mine has never seen above 375 CHT and that is 32/2450 ROP 100 OAT. However, the original owner of my plane did a couple mods to run cooler than the rest. If you want I can ask about the mods he did so you can consider. I usually run ROP to go fast as I can, if you want gas efficiency buy a Diamond. :D. However, I do like LOP for those 4+ hour trips and not having to step down power in approach for cooling.

The G2000 does look amazing, but the G1000 is so far ahead of Avidyne which is light years ahead of 6 pack. :)

8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Eclipse, Citation 501 (with Williams engines), Evolution-- all $1-1.5 million. Mustang just slightly more. Same price range.