Stupid qualifying stays for Bahrain | FerrariChat

Stupid qualifying stays for Bahrain

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheMayor, Mar 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Do you believe these idiots?

Qualifying unaltered for Bahrain - PlanetF1 : PlanetF1

Formula 1 bosses have decided not to alter the qualifying format for the Bahrain Grand Prix despite wide-spread criticism over the lack of action in Australia.

The F1 Commission met on Thursday with qualifying one of the hot topics on the table.

After much debate, which included a proposal for keeping the new format for Q1 and Q2 but running Q3 as it was last season, it was decided to leave it as is, going back on Sunday’s reports that it was to revert completely to last year’s system.

2. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Formula has become a joke (IMVHO).

Thanks god for WEC.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    jesus ****ing christ.

4. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    C'mon, are you kidding me? I thought they had already voted to revert to the old system. What's wrong with these people. No wonder the F1 audience is shrinking, the FIA are a bunch of idiots.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

There were press warnings about this the last 2 days. Hilarious and sad. F1 the schizo sport.

6. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    No F....way!! I think the entire board need to be fired...you can't flip, flop that way...it was clear, they got it wrong...they should revert to last year while someone with more IQ thinks about a better solution...

Can we get their medical records? I think some of them have a bipolar disorder...including one with senile dementia...

Arghhhhhhh....

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 Craziness..

While the FIA may indeed be idiots, don't lay this mess at their feet. This is totally the teams doing.

Makes zero sense to me either. I did read something recently, from Pat Symonds IIRC, saying something like 'we should give it more time'. But I too thought they'd already agreed to revert back.

Oh well, few things as entertaining as watching an empty track at the end of Q3 & the talking heads trying to fill the time. NOT! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

8. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
  9. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    Massive Sigh...

10. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Well at least I won't feel like I have to watch quali anymore. F1: the only sport that knowingly shoots itself in the foot...repeatedly.

Mark

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What a joke, less tv time for every team then it seems, bet the sponsors are absolutely thrilled, they'll be queuing up to get their logos on more cars eh? Jeez

12. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    #12 05011994, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Now I know what I'm doing on Sarurday. NOT watching the qualifying session.

14. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    As I understand it, both Williams and Force India wanted to give the knock-out style qualifying another chance whilst every other team could see that it was a complete crock of s:censored:t!

Pat Symonds seems to want to voice his opinion about everything in F1 these days! - Frankly, I think he'd be better off keeping his gob shut and concentrating on making his team more competitive!

15. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    +1000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    That's too bad. That qualifying session was positively horrible. WTF were they thinking?

Change the one thing that still kinda works in F1? Whaaaaat...

17. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Pity $$$$ paying ticket holders.

18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    That was the problem - Qualifying was more exciting than most of the races last year!

The FIA couldn't allow that to continue so in true F1/FIA fashion, they figured the solution was, rather than make the races more exciting - Just make qualifying duller! ;)

19. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    No real need to watch quali. The results will be the same whether I watch or not. The good news is that NASCAR only takes Easter and Mother's Day off. So, April 3 will not be a total loss.

20. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    Are you kidding? Thought it was April fools when I opened the thread. Never expected them to be this stupid. Must be Bernies influence - they need to stop pandering to the will of that senile idiot

21. NJB13

NJB13 Formula 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Pampanga,Philippines
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Maybe I've built up an immunity to F1 stupidity, but this new qualifying seem only slightly stupid to me. Could it be that I'm happy when the changes are only steps backwards instead of leaps.

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  23. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Yep. It just saves space on my DVR. LOL

24. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Some of the teams seem to enjoy being the odd ones out, and forcing the bigger teams into stuff that they are well aware doesn't work, or damages the show, just to feel more important. Bloody ridiculous having to have a unanimous vote to pass anything, when did any group of humans wholeheartedly agree about anything at all, unless it's voting for a pay rise?

25. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This is precisely why running F1 by committee doesn't work. Bunch of clowns. I mean seriously wtF are they playing at? Morons.