S-Line high pitch exhaust | Behind the scene PICS | Page 5 | FerrariChat

S-Line high pitch exhaust | Behind the scene PICS

Discussion in '360/430' started by RonnieRenaldi, Sep 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Yeah, as I said previously, S-Line exhaust with stock everything else will be quieter than stock exhaust, for sure.

2. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Sounds great...glad you like it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTwkiVpWtjU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WIHyjmqnCE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmeW3I4QJwk[/ame]

3. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    For everyone that has this system, I just tired to move my s-line exhaust system by hand and it doesnt move at all....I thought it might move a little for expansion with the rubber mounts but doesnt move at all. The same for everyone? or is mine to tight?

4. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Move which part?

5. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    the whole x pipe(exhaust) part
    its pretty solid which is cool...but maybe too solid, not moving at all for expansion? I dont know maybe its normal. or mines too tight

6. GG-33

GG-33 Karting

Apr 28, 2014
    Farnham, UK
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Just bought a used S-Line system from a guy here in the UK. (He sold the car and put the stock system back) Does anyone have an installation diagram? I'm sure it cant be too tricky, but would like to make sure I get it right.

Cant wait to hear it in the flesh...

GG

7. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    I don't think there's an installation diagram, it should be pretty straight forward, everything is bolt-on.
    I don't work on my car myself though but any shop should be able to install it in less than an hour.

8. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't know about just the exhaust but my car is at the shop right now doing S-Line and AP headers and it costs a lot. Estimate was $1640.

9. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  10. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    My mechanic billed me 2 hours (Scuderia)...

11. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    first off....this sounds amazing !

ouch ! they hit you with the Ferrari tax

now that sounds about right.....maybe a little low cuz I would have said 3 hours but still on the right track .

12. GG-33

GG-33 Karting

Apr 28, 2014
    Farnham, UK
    Full Name:
    Greg
    If you could move it by hand, something would be seriously wrong....Think about it, the exhaust is bolted to the cat and then to the manifolds which are bolted tight to the engine, there is no way you should be able to move it by hand. The mounts are designed to be flexible to allow for thermal expansion once the system gets hot. That was the failing of he OEM brackets...they didn't allow for thermal expansion.

Hope this answers your question

GG-33

13. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  14. gandalfthegray.

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Got mine installed with AP headers and factory cats and it's seriously loud. Cold start inside the garage is such that you can't even yell across the car to a person standing on the other side.

15. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    With all these postings of new headers and exhaust being super loud , I'm glad I'm factory

16. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    I think in terms of loudness with S-Line exhaust:
    AP headers > Fabspeed headers > Stock headers

17. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Downshift from a low 3000 rpm sounds mean :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Km4JXzKeO0[/ame]

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Here's what my mid-3000 rpm downshift sounds like. pow, pow, fireballs. :)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_PmzM7M_zA[/ame]

19. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Ordered one for my scud.

20. gandalfthegray.

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I figured now that I've got this system installed that I might throw in a few things that never really get mentioned. First off, I'm running Agency Power headers, stock cats and S-Line exhaust on my 08 F430 Spider. I can say as you have seen and heard that the exhaust does sound very good when your running up through the gears and on downshifts. That's been shown over and over. What I never heard anyone mention is that there is some real resonance just off idle til about 2000 rpm and again in 6th gear cruising at around 55 - 60 it's got quite a loud drone. Bump it to 70 and it clears up and sounds awesome. Basically if you find yourself in a situation where your speed limited to around 55 you'll be downshifting a gear to make it go away. The low RPM resonance is such that I have rattles in the car that definitely were not there before. I'm going to have to try to track it down and see if there's any fixing it. It's very annoying.

Having said all that, I'm still happy with it and I'm not looking to pull it off and start over, but just wanted to say to people that are considering this system (with aftermarket headers) that it's not all sunshine and happiness.

21. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal

I have a spider too. ...do you think that with headers its too loud with the top down? I love the sound of this system...but am afraid to install headers because it might be too loud.

22. gandalfthegray.

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This is kind of hard to answer as it's subjective to each individual. I would say it's similar to that of a Harley, but just sounds a lot better. For me, I feel that it's a bit to much for a Spider. If I had a volume control I would turn it down. I felt that OEM was a bit to tame whereas this is bit to much. Somewhere in between would have been perfect. Keep in mind this is due to the headers more so than the S-Line. Unfortunately there is no good solution out there at this time for 430 owners.

23. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal

yeah I understand......If I had a coupe I would have done the headers already. I want it louder ...but with the top down the cabin becomes 3x louder than any coupe. I also feel that without the headers...the Sline isn't as high pitched. ...Sline system definitely needs headers for the full effect.

I drove a 458 coupe with a full novitec exhaust and test pipes....my gawd it was awesome...but if it were a spider I think I would have gone deaf.