Where are all the 2004-2008 Jaguar XJs? | FerrariChat

Where are all the 2004-2008 Jaguar XJs?

Discussion in 'British' started by ibesuc, Apr 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Looking to buy one of these to add as a secondary car, love the body style its the last of a true classic.

The XJ8s are around, but there are so little XJRs, Super V8s and even Vanden Plas'!!

Looking for a British Racing Green XJR or Super V8 ideally 2008, but the 2007 is nice too.

It leaves me thinking, has Europe been importing these cars from the US or something? I guess there just weren't many made.

Car probably won't go crazy as far as values in the future, but it is the last of a classic, and there really doesn't seem to be too many around....

British racing green XJR next to a Rosso F355....Two tasteful classics, one from Britain and one from Italy, in their proper colors.

2. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    #2 Carsonp, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Ive been wondering the same thing. At some point in my life i want a Portfolio but there are exactly none for sale that i can find.

even so, out of warranty jag scares me. Valid?

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They are in the same place as all the Maserti Bi-Turbo's.

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Probably on the scrap heap.....horrible reputations

Didn't think so at the time, but TaTa has really improved this brand.

5. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Aluminium on the scrap heap ?

I still think their lovely, timeless cars, and light.

6. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Seems easier to find the earlier XJRs as they sold more of them and to most, a better looking car.

In terms of value it would seem they aren't too bad either. Try Gentry lane in Toronto. You're American dollar is strong at the moment.

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    In the British car section, where they belong!:) Thread moved.

8. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Really? I've had quite a lot to do with Jaguars over the last two decades and I feel exactly the opposite. Not interested in the new models, I used to think the X350/X358 was a bit too large and bulky in comparison to all previous XJ's (1968-2003) but after the X351 came out in 2010 my mind has changed, especially about the 2004-2009 SWB model which I think has better proportions.

We have one in Miami, a SWB XJR in Platinum/Charcoal and in USA it looks normal or even smallish, performs well, and the only technical problems have been the air supension suffering from lack of use, as some years the car has gotten less than 400 miles on it and sits in an underground garage unused for 9-10 months. Over here a new front strut is €1600,- but in Orlando a Jag workshop replaced it for $800,- It seats our family of five people comfortably, the trunk has enough space for two folding bikes and beach gear and it's a good ride to get around Florida (Miami, Naples, Sarasota, Tampa, Lakeland, Orlando, Sebring, Key Largo) :D

I think a lot of them did travel back to Europe, it's easy to spot a US model as the tunk lid below the rear plinth where the reg. plate goes is a different shape than European models and I see them over here all the time. Most of the late alu bodied XJ's sold new in here were diesels (due to taxes) or the small engines 3.0L and 3.5L. The USD was cheap for us 4-5 years ago and that 78k mile three owner unmolested South Florida car cost less than €10k euros back then, a real bargain for a 4.2L supercharged car.

Cheers,

Pekka T.
    Fin.

9. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I had a 2006 XJ8L and put on about 85K miles...almost completely trouble-free.
    It was a great car..classy, sporty, reliable, comfortable, excellent gas mileage....the new ones make me cringe.

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    burnt to a crisp in people's garages?

:eek:

12. bcc

bcc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 31, 2006
    DFW Texas
    Full Name:
    Brent
    I like this vintage XJR as well. A few of them on ebay from time to time, mostly with hi miles, 100K+, which makes me guess they must be somewhat reliable??