Tire changing | FerrariChat

Tire changing

Discussion in '360/430' started by anedom, Apr 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anedom

anedom Rookie

Jul 20, 2008
    USA
    It's time for my first set of new tires for my 2005 360 Spyder. I was wondering if the national chain stores like Firestone can be trusted to install new tires on my Ferrari. Thoughts?

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    They probably won't have the best equipment and won't want the liability. Find a high end dealership that's used to installing very low profile tires.

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    +1 on what Skipp said. buy from tire rack.com. they have installers all over the country and will drop ship to them.

4. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Costco

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

5. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Discount tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I bought my Michelin Pilot Super Sports from TireRack and had them installed by their recommended shop.

7. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I also purchased from Tire Rack and had them shipped to my local Ferrari dealership. They were happy to install them. Worked out perfectly. I would not let any of the national chains mount your tires. 👍🏻

8. TnT F430

TnT F430 Karting

Jan 26, 2015
    Granite Bay, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Same here.

9. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    My Costco will not even repair a flat on my 430, much less change the tires.

10. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Yep. Tire Rack.

11. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

The tires and wheels on a Ferrari are no longer that unusual. There are lots of cars now with bigger, wider, and lower profile tires than the 360. And 360 doesn't even have TPMS or anything unique like that.

So you are probably OK going anywhere that knows how to properly balance and install low profile tires. Firestone would not be my first choice, I'd probably consider bringing your own tires to the Ferrari dealer first. Then I'd probably go to Discount Tire before Firestone.

12. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I just had new tires mounted on my wheels for my R8: 305/30/19 in the rear and 235/35/19 up front. They did a great job and they had a special $70 off 4 Bridgestones and $60 off on mounting (basically free mounting).

13. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    I had Discount Tire do my 360. They really took their time and were very careful.

14. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Maybe Audi is on their list. They do Porsche. I was told point blank they don't do Ferrari. And I know the guys well. They wouldn't even patch a tire for me as a favor. Maybe they will in your area.

Back to the OP. I would buy from Tire Rack and have the tires sent to one of their certified installers.

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I have my tires delivered to the local Ferrari dealer from discount tire or tire rack and the dealer puts them on for me. Iirc they charge an hour labor ($150).