A few BBR and MR Models for sale! | FerrariChat

A few BBR and MR Models for sale!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Millie Miglia, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Millie Miglia

Millie Miglia Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Singapore
    Hi guys, I'm new to this thread so first let me introduce myself. I'm a Ferrari fan and model collector in Singapore. Don't own a Ferrari (yet) but I hope I will someday.

Anyway I have a few models for sale. I'm selling part of my collection to make way for new one - I'm running out of space!

All factory built BBRs or MRs in mint condition and comes with all the factry boxes, etc.

BBR

BBR128B: Ferrari 456 'Venice' Cabriolet Sultan of Brunei, Met. Silver > Now: US$120

BBR131B: Ferrari 360 Modena, Yellow> Now: US$120

BBR131B: Ferrari 360 Modena, Met. Dk Blue> Now: US$115

MR - These are quite rare pieces

MR27: Ferrari Tipo 400SA Cabriolet 1961 (Metallic red)>US$130

MR49A: Ferrari Dino 246Gt (Red)> US$130

MR62C: Ferrari 250Gt California Spider with hardop (Met. Dark Green)>US$130

Non Ferrari Models:

BG211: Audi R8R LeMans 2000 Winner (Limited Edition 200 pieces)> US$135

If you're interested, please PM me. Thanks!

Millie

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very interested in MR27: Ferrari Tipo 400SA Cabriolet 1961 (Metallic red)>US$130, but what is the scale?

3. Millie Miglia

Millie Miglia Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Singapore

Oops sorry...forgot to mention that. They're all highly detailed 1/43 scale models.

Millie

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh, nevermind. I'm only into 1/18.

5. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Dont under estimate the 1:43 scale Mille... these far surpass the 1:18 Mattel stuff. Most are limited run handbuilts, not mass produced white metal castings.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh, absolutely. I didn't mean this in any derogatory way. It's just, that once I've started in one scale, I don't want to mix anymore. 1/43 BBR models are hard to beat in their details, yet they only occupy 1/4 of the space on your bookshelf.

7. Millie Miglia

Millie Miglia Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Singapore
    Some prices reduced! Please check em out!

All factory built BBRs or MRs in mint condition and comes with all the factry boxes, etc.

BBR

BBR128B: Ferrari 456 'Venice' Cabriolet Sultan of Brunei, Met. Silver > Now: US$120

BBR131B: Ferrari 360 Modena, Yellow> Now: US$120

BBR131B: Ferrari 360 Modena, Met. Dk Blue> Now: US$115

MR - These are quite rare pieces

MR27: Ferrari Tipo 400SA Cabriolet 1961 (Metallic red)>US$120

MR49A: Ferrari Dino 246Gt (Red)> US$120

MR62C: Ferrari 250Gt California Spider with hardop (Met. Dark Green)>US$120

Non Ferrari Models:

BG211: Audi R8R LeMans 2000 Winner (Limited Edition 200 pieces)> US$125

If you're interested, please PM me. Thanks!

Millie

8. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    is the brunei car still avaliable? can you email detailed pix to [email protected] ?

cheers

9. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW THE THREAD DIED BUT I NEED TO TELL YOU ALL WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I BOUGHT A MODEL OFF THIS GUY.

I PURCHASED THE 456 VENICE CAR OFF HIM APROX. 3 WEEKS AGO.

I PAID EXTRA FOR INSURANCE JUST INCASE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO THE MODEL BRINGING MY TOTAL TO $139 FOR SHIPPING AND INSURANCE. I ASKED HIM TO PACK IT WELL TWICE, YES TWICE AND TOLD HIM I HAD HEARD OF THE MODELS COMING LOOSE DURING SHIPPING. HE THEN WENT QUIET, I EMAILED HIM 3 DAYS LATER AND HE SAID HE WAS STILL LOOKING FOR A GOOD BOX:

Hi Chris,

You must be a mind reader! I was just about to email you!

I'm having some trouble finding a suitable box to ship the model in. I'm sorry for this delay. I've shipped a number of BBRs and the box is very important. It can't be too big or too small. Too big and the box gets too heavy and the model will move around inside (thus increasing the chance of damage). Too small and you can't pack enough protective packing to protect the model. Please give me a few more days.

I'm very sorry.

Best regards,

Faisal

SO I WAS THINKING, COOL, THIS GUY REALLY CARES AND IS TAKING THE TIME TO FIND A PERFECT BOX........

THE MODEL WAS SHIPPED 6 DAYS LATER...

AND....

AS I OPEN UP THE BOX CAREFULLY, SOMETHING STRIKES ME AS ODD. YEP, THE MODEL WAS BROKEN. FOR ANYONE WHO KNOWS BBR MODELS, THEY WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN, FOR EVERYONE ELSE, I'LL EXPLAIN. THEY HAVE THESE FLAPS THAT COME DOWN WHEN THE MODEL IS PUT IN THE BOX MAKING IT HARD FOR IT TO BREAK DURING SHIPPING. WELL, IT DID. THE MODEL HAD COME LOOSE AND DURING THE BOX MUST HAVE BEEN TURNED OVER AND THE MODEL LANDED IN WINDSCREEN, BREAKING IT ON BOTH SIDES (SUPPORT THINGYS), MIRRORS WERE BROKEN OFF AND THE RIGHT HAND WINDOW HAD COME OFF TOO.

OK, WELL, I HAD INSURANCE, HE SEEMS NICE, I'LL JUST EMAIL HIM AND ASK HIM FOR A REFUND, AFTER ALL IT DID SAY "INSURED FOR S$200" ON THE BOX! THE SEALS WERE NOT BROKEN AND THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE THE BOX HAD BEEN OPENED OR TAMPERED WITH AND IT WAS OUT OF THE FLAPS, MY DAD AND MOM BOTH SAW ME OPEN IT.

WELL, THIS IS THE REPLY I GET:

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry that the model is damaged when it reached you but I cannot be responsible for that. What happens to the model during shipment is not my doing, so I feel that the blame cannot be placed on me. I made sure that the model was very well protected for shipment. I used a lot of packing material. The picture I sent you before you confirmed the order was the picture of the exact same model and as you can see from the picture, the model is in mint condition. Was the box opened when it reached you? I did use some security seals.

When i recieved it, the car had come out of its flap things and was loose in the case, and during transit, i assume the box was on the wrong side and the windshield snapped out of the weight of the car. UNQUOTE

This is not possible. I have shipped many models before and I am sure that it is not possible for the model to come loose from the 'flaps'. The BBR box is sturdy and it was designed to ensure that the model does not move during transit. I suspect that someone has opened the packing before it reached you and did not have the skill to repack it. I've had some customers who told me that US customs opened the packages before it reached them.

Chris, I am very sorry for the damage. But, like I said, this is no fault of mine. As such, I don't think it's fair for you to ask me for a refund.

Best regards,

Faisal

MY DAD THEN SENT HIM THIS:

Faisal

I am Christopher's father. I checked the package as it was opened . It was sealed and unopened on arrival and I personally checked it when it came out of the box. The reason I did was because I was concerned that a car of that value would be shipped from Singapore in a proper way.

Clearly it was not packaged properly as it came out damaged. My son is extremely disappointed as he had saved up for this model. I can see that that you have insured it against damage so I would be grateful if you could send a replacement or refund the money .

Regards

John Dodds

TODAY, 4 DAYS LATER I HAVE NOT RECIEVED A REPLY.

JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU MY EXPERIENCES WITH THIS PERSON

IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS OR ANY WAY TO GET MY MONEY BACK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

TAKE CARE AND THINK TWICE NEXT TIME YOU ARE BUYING A MODEL

Chris

10. Millie Miglia

Millie Miglia Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Singapore
    #10 Millie Miglia, Apr 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Chris,

I've been 'quiet' because I've made an enquiry with the post office regarding the insurance claim. They have not gotten back to me yet, so I still do not have anything to tell you.

I'm my defence, I did my best to pack the model (I took the trouble to look for a suitable box, used lots of packing and marked it fragile all over - what more can I do?), as such I cannot be responsible if it is damaged during transit. It's unfair for you to ask me for a refund.

BTW, I guess Chris forgot to include this email which he sent to me:

QUOTE:
    Email recieved from Chris on 17 Apr 04 @ 23:12hrs

Hi. I wish this email was of a more positive subject. I recieved the car today and it is damaged. The damage is pointed out in the pictures but i will also describe it. The model came with both mirrors seperated from the car. If the damage was this alone, i would not mind, i would simply glue them back together myself, but this is not the case. The windshield has cracked on the left side (passenger side) and on the right (driver's side) a piece of the support has broken off. The drivers side window has also come off. I am in no means blaming you, the package was well packed and was marked fragile in every possible way. When i recieved it, the car had come out of its flap things and was loose in the case, and during transit, i assume the box was on the wrong side and the windshield snapped out of the weight of the car. I am asking for a refund of the $140. The car and acrilic case will be send back to you (any shipping charges not included in the $140 i will pay) and i will make sure to pack it so the damage cannot be made worse on the way back to you. It appears to be possible to repair the car, although i do not have the skill to.

Please get back to me as soon as possible,

Many Thanks,

Chris

UNQUOTE

By Chris's own admission, the model was packed well and "marked fragile in every way possible". I'm also attaching a couple of pictures to show that the model was in mint condition before I shipped it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Chis,
    Sorry about your misfortune. I know how you feel. I had a Minichamps Ferrari 1/18 high nose F1 car shipped from Germany that arrived broken and got the same response from the shipper. I had it insured but never received any money for the damage. The USPS blamed the Germans and the Germans blamed the USPS.
    I hope there is something you can do to get things right.
    Good Luck
    Will

12. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Faisal is right. I did say that, but if it was packed properly would it have come out?

btw, you never told me you were trying to claim the insurace, if i knew that i wouldn't have made that post. You should have told me, i was under the impression that you were not giving me ANYTHING back

13. Millie Miglia

Millie Miglia Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Singapore

Yes, there is a chance that the model get damaged even if the its been well packaged. If the post office handled it roughly (I'm not saying they did, this is 'what if'), surely it could cause damage. Remember, the post office handles thousands of parcels every day. Some of which, are big and heavy. I maintain, I did a good job packing the model and It's not my fault. You cannot blame someone for something beyond their control. It's unfair for you to ask me for a refund.

Chris, yes I should've informed you about the insurance. I've been busy the last few days and this is the first time this week I'm sitting at my computer.

BTW, just to clarify, I will only send you anything only if the post office approves the claim. It could take up to a month for them to get back to me so please be patient. If they don't approve the claim, there's nothing else I can do. Like I said, it's not my fault.

14. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding, please keep me updated though

15. F360Novitec

F360Novitec Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Chris,

I am sorry to hear about it. I live in Singapore and have heard about this guy's Faisal reputation from many BBR/MR collectors here. In fact he has a very bad rep and has been dishonest and gave very poor aftersales service.

I understand that he is not a collector, infact he has a website selling models.

http://www.geocities.com/~bmwfanatic/m43c/

Hope this helps.

16. F360Novitec

F360Novitec Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    This is his contact from the website.

Email: [email protected]
    Tel: (65) 6345 1167
    Fax: (65) 6295 6912
    Or vist us on weekends at 118 Ceylon Road, Singapore 429695. However, Please give us a call before coming.

Please verify if he uses the above email to correspond with you. If it is the same email, he is the one.

17. Millie Miglia

Millie Miglia Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Singapore
    Yes, I was a dealer. I'm just a collector now. And I don't know where you got info that I have a bad rep.

18. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    As an authorized dealer for BBR and other resin model car companies I can tell you this. The shipper is (and should be) 100% responsible for refunding the money or replacing said item if he tells the buyer he is placing insurance on the item. Regardless of the post office's willing to pay or not. If the buyer does not want insurance the then responsibilty is on the buyer.

Nothing personal Mille Miglia, I'm sure your a nice guy and all that, but its better off your not a dealer anymore. Because that kind of garbage gives the rest of us bad names and ruins the mail order business.

As a dealer, I'm responsible, that is a guarantee I give and every reputable dealer that I know of feels the same way. Otherwise you can't possibly build trust with your customers. If I send you something insured, I will cover it even if the P.O. doesnt. I'm not going to hide behind the "its not my fault, its your problem" baloney. Thats not the point. The buyer didn't receive what he paid for. Thats the definition of mail fraud in the USA. I've done business the right way since I started. I guess thats why I'm still in business. Did you send the buyer the insurance number so he can track the progress of the claim in the US? The USPS has a 1-800 number to call. He can also initiate a claim in the US. They will take care of it if you are persistant.

As for anyone thinking of buying BBR models or anything else, this is the reason you should deal with dealers on the BBR website or that you know are doing it as a real business.

Looking for these great deals always come out more expensive somehow.

I hope this one works out.

Ed Cervo
    Island Collectibles, Inc

19. F360Novitec

F360Novitec Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Well said Ed..and that is the reason why he "was" a dealer and "now" a collector selling his unsold goods.

And for someone so "BUSY" to reply Chris's email, he was able to reply my comments in 12 mins! LOL.

20. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Only for a comment. I have tried to buy models from Europe and Singapore but experience is not so good.
    FIrst : The shipping cost to USA is very hight (I can buy another model for shipping cost)
    Second: We don't have waranty about models and if you have a problem is very difficult to complain.
    Third: The insurance from this guys is not good..

Conclusion: We need to buy in USA if you are here !!
    Buyers from Europe buy there ...

:)

21. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks model builder. I will now be overly precautious when buying my models.

Novitec, thanks for the info. I wish i had known before.

I'm going to start looking into what i can do at this end. Just giving you a heads up Faisal.