The Swiss Thread | Page 37 | FerrariChat

The Swiss Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pav, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Welcome to F-Chat!

Would be great to see you on one of our tours as a guest! To participate on more than one tour you have to be a member and pay a (reasonable) club fee.

I will send you a PM with more details.

Hope to see you soon

Markus

2. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    I just wanted to send you a PM. Since you are a new member you cannot receive/send PMs until you have a higher post count. So here comes what I was writing to you (in German language, sorry…):

Hallo CoreForce

I hoffe, dass Deutsch OK ist. Und sonst einfach melden, dann schreibe ich auf Englisch.

Wir sind ein kleiner Club mit momentan 12 Mitgliedern. Wenn Du willst, dann schicke mir doch Deine Mailadresse (als Antwort auf diese PM oder direkt an [email protected]). Ich habe heute Nachmittag soeben die Einladung für die Schwarzwald-Tour vom 17.4.2016 verschickt. Dann kann ich Dir diese auch zukommen lassen mit allen Details.

Es würde mich sehr freuen, Dich an unseren Touren dabei zu haben!

Herzliche Grüsse und hoffentlich bis bald

Markus

3. CoreForce

CoreForce Rookie

Feb 18, 2016
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Thanks Markus,

just sent you an eMail.

Falk

4. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    The published opening dates for the main alpine passes:

Oberalp: 26 april 2016
    Gotthard: 20 may 2016
    Klausen: 20 may 2016
    Furka: 6 june 2016
    Susten: 10 june 2016
    Grimsel: 19 june 2016

Source: TCS

5. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
    Good to hear. I plan to return from the Mille Miglia on the 23rd.
    The last time I had to take the tunnel.
    The 1 mile traffic jam before the tunnel in a car with F1 made me a little nerveous.

6. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    #906 ze_shark, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would caution to still check the road conditions at these dates. The pass is at 2094m. Most likely drivable but it can still snow or be icy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hi all. I am going to Zurich and then down towards Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken from the end of May into early June. Is there any Ferrari activities going on in the region? Thanks

8. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Ferrari Club of Switzerland has a meeting in that region on 06/04-05, but I gather it is reserved to members. Maybe if you ask nicely, they will disclose their program:

Ferrari Meeting Thunersee / 14ème assemblée générale ? Ferrari Club Switzerland

Otherwise, the monthly sunday classic meeting in Zug is taking place on June 5, a 90 minute drive from Interlaken, but quite scenic, whether you take the Brunig Pass or if the Sustenpass opens earier than planned.
    Oldtimer Treffen Zug, OSMT Zug
    The June edition is devoted to 911s but there are always classic Ferraris in attendance.
    Some pictures here to give you an idea: Asphalte.ch ? Afficher le sujet - Oldtimer Sunday Morning Treffen - Zug

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #909 Marcel Massini, Apr 30, 2016
  10. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
    I guess they went to Aldi for shopping.

11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #911 Marcel Massini, May 2, 2016
  12. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #912 Elsi, May 2, 2016
  13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  14. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #914 Elsi, May 5, 2016
    If someone is interested to join us on our Schwarzwald tour this coming Sunday (8th of May): We meet at 8.30 at Autobahn station Würenlos ("Fressbalken") and at 9.30 in Koblenz just after the Swiss/German border. See full tour in attachment below.

So far we are 7 cars (308, 348, 360/550, 430, 458, California, 512 TR) and 12 persons.

If interested please send me a PM containing your mail address.

Markus
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Hello everybody, if someone wants to join we are doing Lucomagno pass, all the Surselva region and back from San Bernardino on Saturday 4th of June ... If someone wants to join from german part of CH we could meet either in Biasca (for the Lucomagno pass) or in Disentis....

16. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I will be visiting Switz for the first time June 2nd to 13th. It would be cool to meet Intl Fchatters but I will be in Geneva on the 4th. I Google mapped your routes and was curious where you all are coming from. Lucerne looks like the closest, largest city.

17. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Stefano – Sounds interesting! Unfortunately I cannot participate since my business (and our Ferrari Drivers Club) is keeping me quite busy. Sorry!

Hope to see you soon again

Markus

18. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Todd – Great to have you here in Switzerland. Are you taking your Ferrari with you?

Our Ferrari Drivers Club (Ferrari Driver Club) has a tour on June, 12th. We will start somewhere around the city of Zurich and drive some nice curvy roads here. Let me know if you want to join us (the tour will only take place if the weather is fine and the roads are dry).

Markus

PS: There are some other cities besides Geneva and Lucerne: Berne, Zurich, Basel, St. Gallen, Zug, … Maybe you also want to visit mountain Jungfrau (quite expensive).

19. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Hi Markus. I won't have my Ferrari over there:(. The plan is Geneva, Lauterbrunnen and Zurich, with a few side trips to Gruyeres, Bern, Luzerne and Interlaken. Wife and I will be in Zurich on the 12th, just chilling out since we fly out on the 13th. Is it rainy in June? You mention that the gathering will happen, weather permitting. I read ave temps in June as 70 F high and 50 F low.

20. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Ciao Markus, looking forward to meeting you all for the Susten Grimsel Furka trip this summer again!

21. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
  22. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Todd – That sounds like a nice trip!
    50 -70 F is rather on the cold side. These may be average temperatures for day and night. Usually it is between 70 and 86 F during the day. Weather is quite changing here. So nobody knows if it will be raining or if the sun will be shining. But there should be more sun than rain in June here.
    Note: If you go to the mountains the temperatures will be much lower.

I wish you a nice trip!

Markus

23. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Ciao Stefano – Great! See you 4th of July. This is a Monday. So no campers and bikers hopefully.

Cheers

Markus

24. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Excellent pictures thanks for posting Markus.