2017 Ford GT: Could this be a Future Owner? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2017 Ford GT: Could this be a Future Owner?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by AxerJk, Apr 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Video is too long. Application specifically says 1 minute max. Clearly aimed at the viral video ADD crowd. Guy deserves a GT though.

2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I submitted my application today...but it's a crowded field and I believe with options you are talking circa 500 thousand U.S plus tax. Competition for the limited slots,is high.

3. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Here is the 60 second version of the video in the original post!

Chris

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x0VI4LXoUk[/ame]

4. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    There must be a lot dealers stamping their feet over missing an opportunity to gouge* a good customer.
    I hope the fellow in the video gets his(he will)as he certainly is passionate and seems a fine ambassador for the car.
    I find the concept of "applying" offensive, Ford, Ferrari, whatever. I admire Jay Leno for a bunch of reasons, one being he won't suck up to Ferrari.
    * they'll likely figure a way

5. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    The Corvette Zora is near...

6. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    I got my app in. Got to see the new FGT road version at the Rolex 24 in addition to the racecar. Heading to Le Mans with the FGT group (50 owners and wives) to watch the 24 from the Ford suites. Win or lose, it will be a blast.
    Now the long wait till August.

7. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    With such demand...how would you suggest they allocate cars?

8. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #33 Devilsolsi, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was at Daytona as well. Both the road and race versions had a huge crowd around them at all times. Hoping for more reliability as the season goes on.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Submitted my application too.
    Own over 20 Focuses at this time in my business but not holding any hope, since I did not have the FGT.

10. YenkoYS100

YenkoYS100 Karting

Sep 9, 2004
    Payson, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Gloria McClurkan
  11. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Build more cars for those who want to PAY FOR THEM.

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    +1
    maybe the exclusivity game works for Ferrari but others like macca, lambo, sell as many as people want to buy them. ford should do the same

13. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Does anybody know if Michael Murray got a Ford GT allocation (Post #1)? I haven't been able to find anything on FordGTForum or his FaceBook page. Just curious. Seemed deserving and he put forth a lot of effort.

14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

The production numbers for the GT are based off of Multimatic's capacity to build the carbon tub. They aren't artificially limiting production.

15. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Another perhaps more enthusiast-focused (albeit quieter) way to have done it, then, would've been to say production isn't limited. Come get your $450K FGT. Guessing fewer speculators would've been knocking down the doors for one and then when (and if?) Multimatic hits the limiter - just say sorry fresh out for the year, and then resume filling orders as capacity restores.

16. MarkNC

MarkNC Formula Junior
    Owner

May 22, 2012
    Full Name:
    Mark

Now that McLaren has a successful second model range they're limited by how many cars they can produce. Delivery times have been rising to the point that there are lots of people complaining how long it takes to get one. That's a good sign for McLaren and they're only going to get more exclusive when the P14 (replacement for 650S) launches as it will likely turn a lot of Ferrari and Lamborghini owners' heads in the direction of Woking. More pressure will come from the launch of the 570S Spider as well as a lot of potential 570S buyers have been holding out for that car. The 675LT and 675LT Spider have been huge critical and commercial successes for McLaren.