PPI in Omaha | FerrariChat

PPI in Omaha

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Meister, Apr 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Anyone have any recommendations for a PPI in or near Omaha? Thanks

2. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    CARS, Bob there can help you out. Depending on the car you're looking at, I may actually be familiar with it if you'd like to PM me.

3. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed
    I'm also looking for a PPI near Omaha for a car I see online, but can't seem to find CARS online. Is that an acronym for something? Is there any other trustworthy shop that can do a PPI on an F430 in Omaha?

The seller is telling me that the car has been shipped to a Chicago dealer for service and that's probably the closest place to get a PPI done (Several people have recommended AutoSprint in Chicago). Obviously, that creates an extra step if the car needs to be shipped there. If anyone has any info, please do let me know. And if there is anyone in Omaha, I'd love to speak to you. Thanks for the help!

4. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Classic Auto Restoration Services, 4820 S. 61st St., Omaha, NE 68117.
    (402) 734-7575.

I haven't had any work done there, but I got a shop tour and it was drool-worthy.

5. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed

Thanks Julia. I tried looking them up online and they don't even seem to have a website. Do you know if they work on newer model Ferraris? Just wanted to check if you or anyone else had more information before I give them a call.

6. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Last time I was there they had a 360 in for clutch work.

7. Ahmed_Z

Ahmed_Z Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2010
    Washington DC area
    Full Name:
    Ahmed
    I was able to speak to them. They said they could do a visual and structural inspection, but don't have the computers to do a "full PPI".

8. 03 True Blue

03 True Blue Rookie

Sep 25, 2016
    Ahmed_Z I think I am looking at the same car. Did you move forward with this at all? Did you get an inspection of any sort done? Would love to talk offline if you did.
    Thanks!!

Scott

9. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    I've kind of soured on CARS. They told me the same thing when I was trying to get an estimate on a clutch replacement for a manual Gallardo. Kept telling me they couldn't do it because they didn't have the computer. I went back and forth with them and kept saying it was a six speed, it's a manual, etc. and you don't need a computer, the computer is for the e-gear cars.

Finally whoever I was speaking to said, "Oh, it's a six speed?" and said "Well... we can't get it in, we're pretty busy for the next few months."

10. 2bf360

2bf360 Karting

Dec 18, 2014
    WA
    Full Name:
    Heng
    I'm looking Ferrari 458 PPI in Charlotte, NC. Anyone know, please post and thank you very much. I've searched the forum but no luck. Greatly appreciated.

11. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    You posted in the Midwest section. Good luck.

12. Einsteiger

Einsteiger Karting

Oct 9, 2014
    Overland Park, KS US
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You could try calling Vince Hill with Blackhorse - but he is south of the Kansas City Area:

Vince Hill

Black Horse....
    20595 Metcalf Ave
    Bucyrus, Kansas 66013

Cell: 620-870-1942

BUT...he might know of someone closer to Omaha

13. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Well, when Brock was here he had his 355 serviced at Woodhouse Porsche, he said there were 2 guys there that could 'work on' Ferraris.