Audi LeMans Quattro Concept 0-124 in 10.8 | FerrariChat

Audi LeMans Quattro Concept 0-124 in 10.8

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dr C, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    The April, 2004, Car and Driver has a cover story on the Audi LeMans Quattro Concept car. They report some incredible figures:

0-62 in 3.7
    0-124 in 10.8

I think that these numbers were supplied to C&D by Audi, not data gathered by C&D.

2. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
  3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Those figures were obtained using the 600 hp concept engine. The production car, due out in about 18 months, is being said to have about 550 hp. The car is definitely coming out, they are just having a hard time since they own Lambo and do not want to take anything away from the Gallardo. Priced about $125K.

4. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    So which would you rather have. The Gallardo or the Audi? I prefer the styling of the Lambo over the Audi.

5. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Oddly, I prefer the Audi over the Gallardo. There is just something about it.

6. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I would take the Audi without a doubt! Much better styling!

If the car is coming out Im taking a deposit to the dealer right now...

Ernesto

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Throw that engine in the Gallardo. That would be a better solution.

8. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Ernesto,

Take your deposit to your dealer. The car is coming out. I believe they told us 2006 model year.

9. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Yeah it's coming out alright, but it's just a litttttttttttttle bit different than you've been told.

Instead of the rocket engine, it will have a 4.2L V-8, N/A, making 400HP. And it will now be slotted against the 911 Carerra with a sub $100k price tag to match.

ooops! Better take that deposit back sport! :)

PS - The Car and Driver performance figures were computer based ESTIMATES, they didn't drive the prototype. LOL, this board so easily jumps on a new car that doesn't even exist, yikes.

10. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    All in good time...

...like probably 24 hours after Ferrari announces thier next 475HP Modena, lol.

11. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Well, if what you are saying is right, then I'd be out. The Audi LM (concept) is an amazing car and the real deal.... German supercar not pretending to be something its not (ie no rebadge). Even if they put the engine in the Gallardo, I still wont bite because of the styling. Incredible how two identical cars can look so different.

Ernesto

12. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Makes no sense for someone to like the TR's body and not like the Gallardo's.

No sense whatsoever. The guy that penned the G definitely took a lot of design cues from the TR, which is always a good thing, you can see them if you look hard enough.

But back on topic, yes the Audi LM has been confirmed as a 911 competitor, and will feature the base Audi V8 in a high output version. That is IF they build it which they're not 100% on yet.

13. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Makes no sense why I like my Cross when a Bic works just fine, either.

Think about it.

Sunny

14. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Where did you here this? I am just curious.

Bentley had great plans to produce an exotic and backed out, but produced what I have been told is a great Grand Tourer.

15. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Is that one of them thar AOL TopSpeed modems mounted in the headlights?? Maybe that's why they're so durn fast. ;)

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I heard the same thing about the smaller engine, perhaps in AutoWeek, but I'm not positive. If the actual car looks more like I imagine it will, I think it will be pretty good looking. It actually makes more sense taking it down market a bit under $100K.

17. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    The original car developed something like 600 hp and would definitely outgun the Gallardo. I was told that the production model will be detuned but will be a V10 with about 500 hp. This would make sense. Audi does not like to release much information too early so I think that making any assumptions is dangerous. Like I said, this is what I was TOLD "unofficially".

And yes, there was also talk of an RS6 type engine but I believe this will have a hard time meeting the new emissions laws so that is probably shelved. We will all have to wait and see........................................

18. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO

WTF are you talking about?!?

I love the TR and think the Gallardo is misproportioned. It looks squashed and waayyy too angular. Also, the rear of it looks like it came from a japanese comic book. Call me crazy, but the Gallardo looks NOTHING like a TR.

19. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  20. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Well, Crazy.. they are both wedge shaped exotic cars. Hello??

Kind regards,
    Crazy

:D

21. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I KNEW that was coming. Oh well, I'll set them up, you knock them down;)

22. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ok, here are some pics. The differences are, uh, black and white...

23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
  24. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO