LaFerrari Spider? | Page 16 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari Spider?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by gt_lusso, Mar 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FADz

FADz Rookie

Jul 12, 2012
    Sorry Mr Massini,

I meant the carbon fibre box that was sent inviting people not the actual car. I am a long long long way from buying that :)

I agree the Amalgam models are fantastic though.

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  3. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Doubtful. Lots of model manufacturers will make versions of cars which don't exist.

4. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I still like La Settanta for the name...

6. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Wow I just sold a Testarossa 1/8 Pocher, they really are an impressive sight when they are this scale.

7. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Mr. Massini this is completely off topic so my apologies but an owner on McLaren Life is claiming orders are being taken for a yet to be officially announced F12 GTO. Any truth to this?

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    F12gto = f12tdf

9. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Never mind Mr. Massini. Man do I feel like an idiot now.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    is mr massini the same person who was on tv show 'legendary motorcars'?
    pretty cool if so

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Don't.. It is the Mclaren fellow who is showing his complete ignorance. These McLaren owners and lovers live in the shadow of Ferrari. This is quite normal as Ron Dennis thinks he is Enzo but better.....

Wait for the next variant of the same thing from them....

12. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Thanks Peter. Not to push my luck here but can you offer an opinion if the LaFerrari Spider is an improvement of the overall design of the original?

13. chouch

chouch Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2008
    I'm not sure what's the fastest, your FXX-K or your ability to trash anything that is not Ferrari nor tdf blue, especially McLaren.

I find it ironic you bring the whole "same thing from them" argument in a thread that is basically about Ferrari doing the exact same thing with their flagship LaFerrari. At least McLaren didn't give the middle finger to their P1 customers introducing an even more exclusive P1 Spider (yet...) And god forbid if they do, I'm sure they'll have the decency to let buyers chose whatever color they want.

14. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Heh. I like McLaren just fine, but let us not forget the P1 'carbon edition' and the 675LT Spider...

15. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yes. I always like to put faces to names and yesterday I watched the LMC about the 206 and finally completed that little puzzle.

16. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Time (or Ferrari's internal paperwork) will tell ))

Putting aside development mules and any pre production prototypes, I would assume Ferrari produce more than the quoted number; as they've done the same with nearly every other limited series.

17. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    All manufacturers who produce limited editions will have a certain number of prototypes. It is inconceivable to build a car without developing it!!

As for the numbers, Ferrari are strictly controlled especially now that they are a public company and if they announce 799 pieces then they cannot legally produce more.

I see that you have an insight that is different, other than heresay, can you substantiate your statements?

18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm curious about the doors... did they keep the butterfly doors or the open top forced them to switch to conventional ?

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What's the P1 "carbon edition?"

20. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Kept

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    :)

God, please accelerate time. I want to see that freakin' car SO BAD

22. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
  23. FarRider

FarRider Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    #399 FarRider, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    I haven't seen this post any chance it was misread? I did see posts about the tdf though.

Edit: Any chance that was a post made before the official announcement of the tdf name from Ferrari? I know many even here were guessing the GTO name might be used.

24. FarRider

FarRider Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    #400 FarRider, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    I think it's a bit much using the word ignorance based on second-hand knowledge. And so limited at that. I'm righteous to most vehicles and could not limit myself to one manufacturer otherwise I would miss what the best has to offer around the globe. As for your "in the shadow" comment that is really a pompous statement and shows how you could be limiting yourself. And best believe I do not like to use the word ignorance with anyone. Vehicles used as in cars, boats, planes copters....

There will not be a spider, not even a targa top version produced.

At least the carbons were part of the 375 cars and not an addition to the number. But then we have the EP/VP/PP P1 cars that were rebuilt. Can not say anything about the 675LT spiders. lol

Cerberus coming by end of year.