FCA Event May 27-29 Coach I Memorial Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso | FerrariChat

FCA Event May 27-29 Coach I Memorial Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #1 Juan-Manuel Fantango, May 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another reason you should join the Ferrari Club of America! Ferrari ownership is encouraged, but not mandatory. Join us now https://www.ferrariclubofamerica.org/index.cfm/ID/43/

Greetings FCA Members and Friends,

Once again our annual event honoring Dr. I.M. Ibrahim and his love for friends and Ferraris is upon us! We always have some very interesting cars and folks coming, and we hope you will consider adding this to your Memorial weekend plans.

Julie is opening her home to us, a masterwork designed by Alfred Browning Parker and commissioned by John "Buck" Fulp, noted gentleman racer and textile magnate John Fulp (USA)'s cars - Photo Gallery - Racing Sports Cars. Buck raced many of the early Ferraris such as the 250TR, 196 Dino, GTO, 250 LM. And some say he had a track on the back of the property where he tuned and tested his cars. We have indeed found what we believe to be the banking for the turns to this rumored track.

During the weekend there will be Julie and David's Fabulous Garage Party, a Concorso of Ferrari and other fine collectible automobiles, a barbecue luncheon, live music provided by Doug Jones of Craven Melon, a rally to Highlands, NC, dinner at Cyprus featuring international cuisine, and the Monaco Grand Prix viewing complete with brunch and Champagne. We may even have Just Aircraft stop in again and land at Lake Julie'!

If you are staying the weekend, I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn (864.964.0100). Ask for the Special FCA rate of $109 per night. This is 1.8 miles from Julie's and you can even leave your car at her estate while we act as your taxi service, or park in the secure parking at the hotel. Since this is a jump in as you see fit high value event, feel free to book one night, two nights, or just attend any of the scheduled events.

Below is a schedule of events:

Friday May 27:

- 5:30 - 7:30pm: Cocktails at Julie's Garage

Saturday May 28:

- 10:30am - 2:30pm: Ferrari and Motorcar Concorso and Rally with Doug Jones-Pools open for those who dare!

- 3:00pm: Rally to Highlands

- 5:30pm: Dinner at Cyprus

Sunday May 29:

- 10:30am-1:00pm: Monaco Grand Prix with Julie & David

All sponsorship is provided by The Tiger Sports Shop

Again, please RSVP for each event that you will be attending so our caterer and restaurant reservations will be set. I'll see some of you in just a few Weeks!

Remember...RSVP please PM on Fchat or email below.

A dopo,

David Scott

President, South Carolina Chapter
    [email protected]

Coach I Memorial and Motorcar Gathering
    https://vimeo.com/97609372

Check out Craven Melon here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1baryss32E&feature=youtu.be

Just Aircraft
    https://vimeo.com/64691339

Cyprus Highlands
    Cyprus International Cuisine
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Fearless Shifter

Mar 1, 2009
    Laurens, S.C.
    Full Name:
    "Brother" McDaniel
    David and Julie, Carolyn and I are looking forward to another great Ferrari meet. If anybody has a Ferrari that has never been , they should make an effort to attend this event. Thanks to both of you for all the work and planning for this Concorso. See you there !!!!!!!

3. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    We are first-timers, looking forward to this one!

4. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Anybody interested in caravan from Charlotte?

5. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Kevin Fielden (grigio308) usually organizes a caravan from Charlotte to the event with the meet-up point being at Belmont Abby College just off I-85. He'll likely post under here with the details.

6. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    That F40!!! Even after all these years, it's still my dream Ferrari! I wish I had a Ferrari so I could attend!

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I was cycling up there this weekend, did 100 miles around Cashiers, passing of course Mountain Air, Highlands, etc. There are some epic climbs!

While y'all are out there tearing up the tarmac, please remain mindful of the cyclists who also love those roads too, but climb a whole lot slower, and descend on very very skinny wheels.

8. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    For those in the Charlotte area looking to caravan down to the event, we have two opportunities:

If going Friday (5/27), we will meet at 12:30 in the parking lot of the Ayrsley movie theater at South Tryon and I-485. We plan to roll out and stop for lunch once we're down I-85 a bit.

9110 Kings Parade Blvd,
    Charlotte, NC 28273

If going Saturday (5/28) morning, meet Brian Caughman at 8:30 in the Belmont Abbey College parking lot (exit 26 off I-85).

100 Belmont Mt Holly Rd,
    Belmont, NC 28012

9. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    And are insane.........

but also in much better shape than me! I'm afraid I have to have the little motors to drive the little wheels. ;)

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Since dinner on Friday isn't part of the event schedule, does anyone have any particular restaurant recommendations in the Anderson-Pendleton corridor? I'm not looking to spend much - just something good and reasonable. What about the restaurant in the Hilton itself?

11. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    What is the address of the home? I did not see anything indicating an address, and the posted map shot is too blurry to read.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I don't know if I should give out the full address here (you'd get it for sure if you RSVP), but it's on Denver Road in Anderson, SC. Use exit 19B off of I-85.

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Thanks Jim, yes it's RSVP and we like to know who's coming for our caterer, security etc. We put the German guard dogs up for the event so that should not be an problem but we have to have waivers signed anyway.

As for the resturants I have a nice list I'll email you. Well have finger food etc with low key things like mini subs from jimmy johns but not too gourmet this year. I always felt in the past the party was just getting started when I'd have to rush folks off to dinner. Let's see how this goes.

14. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Caravan Update from Charlotte:

PLEASE NOTE a small change to the Saturday run from Charlotte. Brian Caughman will be coming from a different area so will NOT be meeting at Belmont Abbey. Any of you that would like to gather, feel free and head on down as you like.

If going Friday (5/27), we will meet at 12:30 in the parking lot of the Ayrsley movie theater at South Tryon and I-485. We plan to roll out and stop for lunch once we're down I-85 a bit.

9110 Kings Parade Blvd,
    Charlotte, NC 28273

If going Saturday (5/28) morning, meet up at 8:30 in the Belmont Abbey College parking lot (exit 26 off I-85).

100 Belmont Mt Holly Rd,
    Belmont, NC 28012

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    So sorry Margaret and I will not be able to make it this year but a friend is borrowing Margarets
    Maserati so we will be there in thought

16. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I'll be heading there with the Friday group.

17. spaghetti

spaghetti Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    SC, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob Satterfield
    David...unfortunately Barb and I will be out of town and can not attend. We are very bummed. This is an absolute first class affair you and Julie provide for the FCA every year.
    I hope to see you soon at another event.
    I wonder....who will get the gold chain award??? Hmmm...��

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Looks like great weather for the weekend, if a bit hot at the estate (88 degrees on Saturday). But Highlands should be about 12 degrees cooler, which should make for a delightful dinner on the outdoor deck at Cyprus.

19. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #19 Patek, May 27, 2016
  20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    There is no end to Julei's kindness - when my youngest daughter went to Clemson, Julie let her watch from her sky box

21. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I drove my 612 down - as usual, I was the only 612 there. Had a great time.

The high-light for me was getting to go shotgun in the F40, with Gordon King of Charleston driving. We did a few laps around the huge circular driveway.

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    ...which can actually be seen on Google Maps!

I had a wonderful time; the 328 worked like a Swiss watch and the meal at Cyprus this evening was great. Thanks again to Julie, David, and volunteers for another class event. I just hope more Georgians make the trip next year.

(John, nice pic of my "goldiwheels" - and the dandelion I was parked next to!)

23. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I was impressed the way you parked so close, yet not a single white wing was lost.

24. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #25 Patek, May 29, 2016
    This is the first close up photo's Jim's new gold wheels. Not to be missed.
    I think maybe Jim should have gotten the GOLD NECKLACE......... to match the wheels.