360 6 speed conversion kit | Page 4 | FerrariChat

360 6 speed conversion kit

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by redlightrich, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CambioManuale

CambioManuale Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hi guys, any development on this thread here?

2. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    It's dead for now but certainly not for a lack of interest. OP is MIA and I don't think anyone else is willing to take on the time, cost and risk it would require to be the guinea pig. I think OP was the only one that had experience doing the conversion.

3. chenglo1

chenglo1 Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Cheng
    I'd bet if prices get more insane, indie shops might find another avenue for cash flow here. A new thread should be how much would we be willing to pay to convert. Myself? $20K assuming 100 pct guaranteed to work and look proper (don't install a ford mustang dash).

4. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Send me your car and 20k and I'll send it back to you as a manual. 100% Ferrari parts swap over. I know where I can get a low miles parts car that is a 3 pedal and I could swap over everything just like it came from the factory.

5. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I was shopping for all the parts but gave up. The day I sold my F1 360 a wrecked manual 360 came up on our version of ebay. The car had panel damage down the left side. Other than that the car was perfect. (red/tan) It sold on auction for US$25k. I could have stripped out all the manual parts required and parted out the rest and probably got all my money back. As above, best option is to buy a whole crashed manual car.

6. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Could you do this on a 430 or scuderia? If so id absolutely do it if/when i add another car

7. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Absolutely, the only hard part about it would be locating a three pedal donor 430. I know where I can pick up a <9000 mile 3 pedal 360 for a conversion, but I don't have a line on a 430. Having a donor is about the only way to go. You could piece a setup together with new and used parts but it would be a huge pain gathering everything. Probably more so with the 430 then the 360.
    Honestly if I could keep all the F1 parts I'd do it for half that much.

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani

Very cool. Keeping your info saved

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Paging Rich, where did you go buddy?

10. ferrari360man

ferrari360man Rookie

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto Canada
    Hi, Just looking a getting my first Ferrari but it has to be a manual. 430's can be had reasonably cheap (F1's) but there's no way in the world i could swing almost $300K for a stick. I would be a buyer for a kit like this if you or anyone knows where or how to locate the parts. What about the reprogramming of the cluster, is that doable like on the 360's?
    Thanks in advance.

11. ferrari360man

ferrari360man Rookie

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto Canada
    Hi, Just looking a getting my first Ferrari but it has to be a manual. 430's can be had reasonably cheap (F1's) but there's no way in the world i could swing almost $300K for a stick. I would be a buyer for a kit like this if you or anyone knows where or how to locate the parts. What about the reprogramming of the cluster, is that doable like on the 360's?
    Thanks in advance.

12. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
  13. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I have tried contacting the OP and he never got back to me

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Holy crap, this would open up worlds of possibilities if it was actually real....

15. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Which part isn't real...? Converting a 360 should be doable, but not free... unlike some models, manual parts should be "plenty" for the 360...

16. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    The "kit"...that apparently doesn't exist because the seller fell off of the face of the earth. WELL worth the 5500, seeing as how a low mileage gated costs 20k or more than a comparable F1. If someone really put a commercially available kit like this, they would go down in history...unfortunately, so would the values of gateds :/

17. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    It would likely not affect the value of 3-pedal cars much as the converted cars would not be "real"... Otherwise you would not have 3-pedal 599 at $400k-$600k, and F1 599 at $170k. Welcome to the land of Ferrari... :) Though, for someone wishing to drive a manual of some models it may be worthwhile. Though, for a 360 you are likely better off selling your F1 and buy a manual. Anyway, this discussion doesn't belong here.

18. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Wondering, how could someone know it isn't original? I didn't think the vins gave any info on options like trans?
    I'm not interested in actually doing it as my car is gated already...but just curious.

19. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Build sheet will show. Given how the Ferrari world works most (if not all) know to check build sheet.

20. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A known conversion may actually be worth less than an F1. Ferrari buyers are fickle, with mostly good reason. Buyers will not want to step into the potential nightmare of an imperfect conversion.

Plus I'm guessing it didn't work as easily as advertised.

21. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Ive spoken to the seller in the past (quite a while ago). The kit is real but he has other things going on i believe. Regardless conversions are here and more people are doing it.

22. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    As long as the conversion is done properly by someone reputable (Wil de Groot just did one on a 575 and made it indistinguishable from a factory car) i think it will make the car more valuable, just not to the degree of a true factory made manual.

23. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

where's the conversion parts list? still waiting

24. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Waiting on a list from a post 4 years ago?

25. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest

I know the thread is old, but I'd be interested in the list as well. Not that I see many under taking this but I could see a small amount do it if factory gated cars continue to stay priced well above f1 cars.