When was GMP Ferrari P4 model of the 67 Daytona winner number 23 introduced? | FerrariChat

When was GMP Ferrari P4 model of the 67 Daytona winner number 23 introduced?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by miurasv, Apr 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    How is the quality of the GMP models? Does anyone know when this particular model was introduced? Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    GMP1804102 2/2009

3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Thank you, David C. Any idea on the quality?

4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    They are very detailed, it´s a very good model...I'm sure there must be some diferences with respect to the real car but,model wise, it's very good...with lot's of detail. I have the Daytona winner and it´s one of my favourite models.

5. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    You're welcome muirasv: I have the Daytona winner and BOAC winner spyders; although they are not of Exoto quality they are very respectable. If you obtain one be very careful moving the model with the nose section on, it is only held on by friction and can easily come off when you don't want it to.

6. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Agreed, with furoni, great detail, on par with a CMC IMO. I don't have the Daytona winner, but I do have the 412P Filipinetti car.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'll vouch for that. On mine the nose piece barely stays on even while the model is sitting on the table. The mounting pins are just too short.

8. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have three of these. Overall very good models, but can be hit or miss. As far as comparisons to CMC and Exoto, that is neither here nor there. The GMP Ferraris are better than a lot of Exotos, on par with some and not as good as their latest couple of XS models. Same could be said about CMC. Overall it is in the same class, but could be had for a good price (unlike some exotos)

9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Thanks for your replies which are all very much appreciated. The GMP model seems to be very delicate? Do Exoto and CMC make a P4 model? How much do these models sell for?

10. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Only GMP has done the P4: and did not finish all the versions they intended to before a financial problem. They are no more delicate than Exoto or CMC models, hope you don't plan on pushing one around on the floor making 'vroom vroom' noises LOL

11. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Lol, yes that's exactly what I want to do!!!!

12. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Your only other option for an opening model would be an older Jouef. Which can usually be had for ~$100 or less.

I'm not sure if it's been produced as a curb-side resin model...

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  14. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Thanks for your replies and the excellent links. These models do look great. I will look out for one on Ebay.

15. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I think Looksmart has announce the P4 as well. If you want to go for detail and opening parts though, Looksmart is not an option.

16. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..A bit more expensive now..it seems

18. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    Hi, if you look to the Nye post you will see pics of a 1-8 P4.Seems to me there are the same details of GMP P4 1/18(the GMP fuel cover may be open-and the plug also!) or less!.
    GMP models are easyer to dismount (I also like vromm, vromm)than CMC or Exoto, the same strenght and you may find also the Ferrari 312PB from Daytona (n°2), from Targa Florio (n°3) and the Monza longer tail (n°1) priced around 200 Euros.
    All the best,
    Alessandro

19. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    That 1:8 is rediculously priced..

Saw one, and I wasn't impressed, had the appearance of a Pocher model..
    For that kind of money you can buy something much much better ;-)

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i NEVER SAW THE 1/18 for myself so can't speak for it, but the 1718 is pretty good, probably the detail is similar in both and obviously the 1/8 should be a lot more detailed...

21. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    The one on that well know auction has been listed on and off for months; I've seen them as low as $3200.00, but it is still overpriced at at figure, most of it is resin.

22. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

I completely agree with Hans. The BIG 1:8 scale model is only impressive for its size and bright color, but after that it is not good enough for the price, and they did make a lot of these, which does also affect the the real value.