When Ferraris Break | Page 2 | FerrariChat

When Ferraris Break

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TooTimidAndCheap, May 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You guys are so full of **** it's coming out of your ears.

Yeah when I drive I like to pass on the shoulder, tailgate, blow through red lights and drive at 130 MPH in congested traffic. And you know not if.. but WHEN I get into an accident because some nitwit princess in a Prius doesn't check their 6 before they change lanes and I plow into her killing her and her passenger...

The very first thing you guys would be writing is how "irresponsible" and "stupid" that was. "****** should have saved it for the track" etc. And if it was YOUR family member your responses would have been even more severe.

Don't try to condone irresponsibility..

2. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #27 308 milano, May 11, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    Title should be " When Rental Ferrari's Break". Keeping service current does nothing to address the fact that 99.99% of the Renters are going to rod the s--t out of your cars. Who's to say the broken Lower A Arm on the Spyder wasn't from being airborne a time or two. To stand there and proclaim Ferrari a POS is alittle disingenuous , maybe its just your rental fleet has seen one to many " gone in 60 seconds" reenactments.

3. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    A racing licence, A conceal and carry permit, A Badge, A Captain or Pilot licence, The Next President etc etc. ........

All these can be used for great triumph or horrible Tragedy. One should not get too confident.

Humble pie you should try young Padawan!

4. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Crap. I am off my meds I meant to direct the Dental joke @RobiFerretti. But to answer your Query,

"Practicing Dental Work on the side" can be a mild reference to teaching someone a lesson.

5. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    This video is specifically about Ferraris, there is also a video called "When lamborghinis Break". There will be more videos because all cars break, but Ferraris seem to break more often then most.

6. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I have 100 hours of video on youtube if you are going to judge me based on one video in which I was the passenger go ahead. Objectively you might want to choose a larger sample size.

We can go back and forth on whether privately owned Ferraris are more reliable than rental Ferraris, but we are just talking to hear ourselves speak. Watch my videos and agree or disagree. Teach your kids right from wrong, thats not my job. I document and entertain via internet videos. Above all I am a car enthusiast who is able to have fun and make a couple of bucks while doing so. I am a firm proponent of the "time and place for everything" statement, if you watch more of my videos you'll see that. I started a driving company called Adventure Drives that has done several events without so much as 1 ticket or pull over. Not that we are driving the speed limit, we just do so without sticking up the cars and as responsible adults where conditions permit.

Glad I am able to stir discussion, carry on with civil debate. Above all enjoy owning your cars, however you derive enjoyment from them.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You can't judge people based on one video, or me on saying I enjoy driving quick. You have no clue about me or anyone else and how they are behind the wheel. The only crashes I've ever had were on a racetrack, and those were on 2 wheels as a teenager on a 750, because I had an attitude that corners were mine, regardless, and if one of us didnt get around the bend in the saddle, that was the other guys fault! One me quite a few races too, but also gave me a few broken bones!

Gumball and bullrun have drivers that are very capable, and others that are a bit nutty. Going quick, using a shoulder, whatever, can sometimes be done without much risk if you have good speed, good forward planning, and you do your bit right. If it isn't safe, you wouldn't do it.

Pay the fee, join one of them, spend a week rallying across a continent, then tell me if you think speed is bad and everyone who likes to use the power of their car is a nutter. Until you've been there, you have no clue at all

8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ok, that's one I've not heard before! I was thinking Brit, teeth, usual thing (which actually these days is getting true as the cancer treatment made mine start falling out!)

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Do the world a favor and retitle it.. "When Rental Ferrari's break" that'll put it more into context.

10. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I'm judging in the the same way that someone writing "you guys should get over yourselves" is judging. You actually seem like a good guy. What I'm commenting about is in writing condoning bad driving.. like passing on the shoulder and the stoopid driving that you see on gumball. Chris Harris was accurate in his tweet. ;)

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My Ferrari broke, I glued it back together

12. Braces

Braces Karting

Mar 24, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Maybe people relate Ferraris breaking down more often with its high maintenance and repair costs. All cars will eventually break, but it is the $$$$$$$ necessary to fix the Ferrari that people are fixated on.

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    As for the title of the thread - no problem. if you own a Ferrari long enough... its going to break. no question on that. do break more frequently than a Toyota... probably. The more you use it the more it wears.

however the driving videos... I just don't approve. I live in a very densely populated area of Atlanta, where you can see this kind of behavior all the time, and it DOES end up in horrible accidents that kill people ( innocent people) not to mention snarling up already horrible traffic.

I choose to look at Ferrari Ownership more responsibly. if doing the gumball - to cross continents.. is your thing fine, but you have to own the critique that driving like that on most public roads is highly dangerous, and you are putting others at risk. - Autobahn and closed pvt. roads and circuits excepted... This is a case of your actions - captured on VIDEO speak much louder than your words.

I believe it says to people: "look at me, I'm so rich/ powerful I can do what I want, when I want and where I want" ... its arrogance at its ugly height.

At least be well insured so when you do kill someone their family can be compensated and yours will not be ruined.

14. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Like I said, no crashes in any of these videos, the typical gumballer or bull runner does drive quickly when they can, and you may think certain things are dangerous when others see them as calculated risks. Accidents happen every day, and I'd rather be driving with some of these guys than some of the dopey old fogeys on the roads now who are texting/calling/eating/generally paying no attention behind the wheel every day at 20-55mph, they are more dangerous than anyone else. Speed doesn't kil, stupid does

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    In Sicily you are not allowed to tell cops the truth, that's called grassing, and it is a no no. The world would be a wonderful place if it was totally fair. I'd prefer it called a miscommunication, the guy probably didn't understand the question lol

17. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    No...I'm pretty sure Speed Kills.

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Speed allied with stupidity, but not in its own right. You need a numbskull texting behind the wheel for that

19. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    #44 DiabloTerr, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Sure looks like speed nearly got innocent people killed during this Gumball crash.... Whats even better is the coward filming didn't even have enough courage to pull over and see if everyone was ok...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK3hY49h5Lw

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Not one of the videos posted previously is it. I'm sure there are lots of videos on the internet you can find of people crashing, bet not all of them involve speed or gumball

21. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I agree. I had a Z06 in Germany for two years and did 150mph every time I was on the autobahn, conditions permitting.

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Speed is exhilarating, and part of that is the application of your control and skill. Nothing wrong with it at all....

z06 is a great car for autobahn work!

23. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    And over 1,000 miles on the 'Ring.

24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awesome, I had a vette once, and once I had changed the tyres from stock Goodyear f1 to something more supple, that car flew, and handled a dream

25. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Rented a 2016 Stingray two weeks ago. That car was awesome....had me thinking about selling my 997 as a daily driver.

As for the OP's vid, if the guy says that his Ferraris are breaking down more often than his other exotics, who am I to dispute? I only own one exotic and cant compare figures across the board.