Looking for a NON RED 308 GTSI or 328 | FerrariChat

Looking for a NON RED 308 GTSI or 328

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Michael308, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael308

Michael308 Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
  2. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Yeah, ask Tod Tifosi and red about a yellow one with red and black interior. It is one of the most sought after cars online. It is, well, quite a looker. Its a few posts down, look for the orphan 328.

RocketBoy

3. Michael308

Michael308 Rookie

Mar 1, 2004

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually the yellow 328 Rocketboy is referring to has left the area I believe and is now in TX for sale. Not that this is the end of all, but anyway. That car was a special one-off deal anyway with its aluminum skin. If you buy that one, you pay an extra premium for that skin (which is ok), but you should buy it for that reason and not because it is yellow (otherwise you overpay way much).

Anyway, I recommend you talk to one of the Chicagoland dealers (Continental, LFSC, FVM) and/or start looking on ebay and other used car mags. Ferraris are very rare, so you have to settle for one that comes from out of state in all likelihood. Just make damn sure it passes the emissions test (Carfax). Bob's came from out of state and so did mine. That's just the way it goes normally and since you have found FChat people in other states will help you check out the car once you have found it.

Good luck!

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #5 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Buy mine & it would give me an excuse to buy that 348 or Testarossa I have my eye on. :)

I just turned 30k miles on it yesterday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wouldn't that be ironic: After all I almost bought Jerry's blue 328 before he did. It is a fantastic car and whatever issues it had, I'm sure they now have been taking care of.

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    lol, 2 funny huh? I just need to stop going to car shows and stay off ebay..... There are just so many nice cars out there....

Thanks for the kind words Andreas. :)

8. Michael308

Michael308 Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    What color interior? Miles?? that's a 328 right?? location? Service history - clutch / air ???

Thanks for getting back !! Love the blue!!

M

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Look at Jerry's profile and his avatar: Cream white and tan, very stylish. 30k miles, yes a 328. Currently in CA. Used to live in FL.

10. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    That's a pretty blue. Love the green ones.

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #11 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 2, 2004
    I think I'm into this car for too much to really sell it right now, but I keep seeing cars I would love - I have issues, lol.

I spent 7k on service in October - Got the 30,000 mile service done, new clutch, smog in California, etc. I have receipts for everything. Spent a month re-doing the interior - See here :

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2842

Everything on the car works perfect, as it should - I have replaced every interior part that wasn't "perfect" including the ashtray. :) Took out the Alpine CD player & replaced with a CD/MP3 player. Lots of pictures in the Southern California section of the car attending local drives.

Here's a pic of the major service done 10/10/03, the engine at Crystal Cove, and us talking to a fellow F-Chatter (007) :

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're not alone..."Luckily" I have a garage spot that only allows a car of the size of my 308. So I don't get tempted by a TR etc. But boy, if I ever get a bigger garage, the flood gates will open.

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I hear ya! My wife and I sold our house & bought another last year - Boy did I blow it by not getting a 3 car garage!! Or, it may be the best thing that ever happenned to me - It keeps me in check!

The struggle for me is, do I upgrade cars now to a 348 for example, or do I wait and get what I really want like a 355 or 360 spyder or 512 TR. Or do I really wait and get a Stradale someday.... Life is too short for this complex decisions!

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Because life is too short you should make some decisions...

I have driven the 308, 328, 348, 355 and the TR. From that I can say, that the biggest difference in the 8 cylinder class is between a 328 and the 348. Huge power and handling difference. There is a difference to the 355 as well, but not as much.

The TR is a different beast altogether, endless torque and great fun. Different driving as you don't yank it as high in the gears. More relaxed, less involved (unless you take it to a track).

So if you can, upgrade now to a 348 spider. Those prices are good now. 355 prices aren't there yet.

Just my $ 0.02.

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #15 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 2, 2004
  16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Stunningly beautiful. The real question is what year is it?

Unlike the 328 it really matters hugely what year the 348 is. Early models were crap. Spiders and Berlinettas built after the Spiders were introduced are ok.

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's a keeper. Good one.

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Cool - I really do like that one - Just need to talk to the wife some & figure out what to do with the 328.

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #20 Chiaro_Slag, Mar 2, 2004
    Yah, you don't see green too much - Someone posted this Dino a week or so ago :

21. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    That 348 looks like Chris' old car.

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    From the records, I don't see the car ever being from Illinois - Is that where Chris is from?

23. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Yeah, he used to be a regular at some of our drives. He had a 348 Spider in that color. I think he sold it one or two years ago.

24. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    Didn't Chris have a red interior? Anyone hear from him lately?

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    OK, I've been thinking of selling one of my 84' 308 GTBs.

Highest mileage is on the one I'm thinking of selling, currently at 18,242 mi.

I may switch over to driving one of the other F-cars.

Also, thinking of selling my 1975 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, with 52,000 mi.

Both cars are pristine, which I think anyone that has seen them, will attest too.

If there's any interest in either car, post me privately.

Also, I'm not going to give these cars away......so no dickering. I want top dollar if I do sell.

Does anyone have an interest?