458 Spider to Huracan | FerrariChat

458 Spider to Huracan

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Cmazza, May 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cmazza

Cmazza Karting

Jul 13, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    After purchasing 10 luxury cars (2 of which were Ferrari's) from same dealer over a 5 year period,I grew tired of playing the waitlist game for the 488. I test drove a Huracan lp 580-2. Yes the 488 is quicker, but the Huracan is fast enough for me, handles great and has amazing burps/ gurgles with the downshifts. I also liked the modern electronics, displays and layout of the interior.I put down a deposit for a November/December delivery. Has anyone else owned both or have experience with the Huracan to compare to the 458?
    I have to say it was a very refreshing experience to go into a dealership whom I've had no buying history with and be able to spec a car like the Huracan without any allocation wait.

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have seen (but not driven) both cars together. I think the huracan has a fantastic environment inside. The exterior also feels very solid and well designed without any "extra" afterthought features. The rear edge is the only area that feels a little "clipped short". Great exhaust and engine noises.

Hard to go wrong with either.

Robb

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Congrats. I'm tempted by the Huracan also. Need to drive one, but love the sounds it makes. My perception is the interior cannot be customized as much as an458/488 can unfortunately. But at least it sounds hot and has exotic looks.

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I own a Hurican as well and also get tired of the whose deserving a car from Ferrari. My car is absoultely a great car and fast as hell. I never had a car that changed personalities like this one from standard to sport or race. A completely different car.

5. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
    #5 fredhassen, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    That's the only one that has my interest as well.

If I were president of all Huracan's for a day......I'd put the scissor/Lambo doors on that also and complete the package.

I thought McLaren was smart for having them across all the models.

After all......what's a Lambo without the doors! :)

Seriously though....anyone know how similar maintenance costs are?

Cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab

6. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    I found the huracan to have a little bit less drama than my 458, I felt like it didn't want to kill me like a lambo should. Solid car but still does not feel as special as a Ferrari. Depreciation is also rough.

7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Depriciation is rough on a Ferrari as well. They just make too many and the internet makes them seem common.

8. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    I think Mclaren and Lambos just seem to depreciate at a faster rate. Whereas Ferrari takes a little longer to get there.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was actually a little surprised to see them closing in on $200k used already. They have awesome presence.

10. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    I own both a 2015 458 spider and an Huracan 610-4. I find them very different cars. The Lambo is really fast, but smooth like a DD even in corsa mode, really too smooth. The 458 is much more engaging.

11. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    #11 FE458IT, May 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Having a touchy back l wonder:

How easy is the H to get in and out of?

How comfortable are the seats? Adjustments? Heated? Cooled?

Thanks in advance.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Why Huracan and not Mac 650S? 650S seems like a better match up to 488. Both Turbo 8's, both rear wheel drive.

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    How comfortable are the seats; compared to the 458? What was the delivery time like? Looks great in red with the red trim inside to!!!

15. fredhassen

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

Or pretty cool if you don't buy new.

16. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    People buy 488 because of the speed. But speed in turbocharged is cheap and easy. The next successor will make the 488 looks slow. With no story of NA emotion and engagement to tell, I think it will depreciate worse than Huracan.

17. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    I've had both. I really liked the Huracan s lot. It sounded great, had great electronics and the paint and build quality were really good. 458 a bit slower but I'd agree more engaging (doesn't mean better). I'm not thrilled that the Audi R10 shares the same engine, electronics, chassis and gearbox for almost 100k less. Also wasn't too happy that Lamborghini come out with a rwd version for 70k less. Lamborghini doesn't know how to control their brand . By the end of the Huracan run there will likely be many many variants. If you can get past that the Huracan is a great car.

18. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Huracan looks and sounds better than R8. And these two are the most important when buying super car.

19. Cmazza

Cmazza Karting

Jul 13, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Mayor- I did consider the 650s, but getting in and out was a real chore (and I'm in relatively good shape). I would say that the 458 and Huracan have equal ease in that regard. I found the sport seats (not bucket) in the Huracan to be more comfortable than the race seats in my 458.

Dustman-the combination of interior looks that can be configured is actually one of the things that sold me. The sportivo bi color specs provide a real exotic and sporty look.

As for the depreciation comments, have any of you taken your 458 in for a recent appraisal? You may be shocked. I am being offered 250 for a 328k MSRP 2014 car. By the way , that's 10 k more than what the Ferrari dealership was going to give me.

20. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Yes that's true but my friends msrp 298k 2015 610-4 traded in for 205k with only 6,900 miles clean no accidents. That's >$100k in a little over a year of you include tax. All cars depreciate, and we all accept that. Just certain cars more than others, but if you like it who cares how much it depreciates.

21. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    A little firmer than the 458 seats but still comfortable.

Delivery time was 5 months.

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would agree with this. I think this is one of the reasons Ferrari is staying away from CF tubs.

However, the new Mac 570s has new and better method to cut down on the sill.

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    570S new sill makes entry no different at all from the average exotic in my experience.

24. fredhassen

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

I think the average exotic......Ferrari, Lambo etc are much easier to get in and out of than a 650 S.

If the 570s is now like Ferrari or Lambo I will take that and think it's significant.

The Lotus Evora was difficult to get in and out of, but I have test driven the new Evora 400 and they fixed the sill on that and I felt it was a MAJOR improvement making it more like a Ferrari, Lambo, Turbo S etc. Hopefully the 570 s improvement is similar.

I had ordered the Evora 400 but they have had 3 delays now (was originally supposed to be here in January) and I got tired of waiting and picked up a Turbo S instead. The Evora 400 still is not in USA as of today.

25. Cmazza

Cmazza Karting

Jul 13, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Mayor- I did test drive the 570 S as well. It is much easier to get in and out of. That was a close runner up for me and also an amazing car. The sound of the Huracan's V 10 and interior environment was the deciding factor for me.