Where do you get your Ferrari's annual safety inspection? | FerrariChat

Where do you get your Ferrari's annual safety inspection?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by tomc, Apr 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Fellow F-chatters,

For those of you who live in the DFW counties that require an annual safety inspection -
    like Dallas, Tarrant, etc. - where do you take your Ferrari to get inspected?

Thanks, in advance...T

2. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    One of those places that used to be a filling station. I went to the one at the corner of Legacy and Custer in Plano.

Was in and out in 15 minutes, at a cost of $7. This was after failing the inspection at a local chevy dealership (where my son worked as a service advisor). Chevy failed it for the horn being too loud.

Sid

3. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    There is a place on the southwest corner of Belt Line and Marsh in Addison named Car Spa that does car detailing and state inspections. They are one of the only places in town that still has a calibrated dyno with tailpipe probes that can do emission inspections on OBDI cars before 1996 when OBDII became the standard. I have used them for inspections on my 95 F355 with no issues.

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Seven bucks? I thought there was a standard fee of 30-something dollars for the annual state inspection. Thanks...T

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    OK. That's useful to know if I buy an older than '96 car. Thank you...T

6. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    I take all my vehicles to these guys. I think they are called Just Inspections. They don't do any thing other then inspections, so you either pass or fail, no attempt to up sell or 'find anything wrong' which requires further service. When I take the car in, they are very careful and professional with it. No Ferris Bueller moments.

7. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    There's a car wash/state inspection station at the SW corner of Midway and Trinity Mills. I have no idea what the name of the place is. There's an older gentleman named David that works there only on weekends and he used to do a lot of high end stuff from a nearby dealer when he worked full time.

I take my carrera gt and turbos to him and he's VERY respectful of them and will allow you to do the braking test and drive it into and out of the bay yourself. Plus, you get a coupon for a free car wash!!

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Thank you. So, I'm gathering from all these answers that Boardwalk Ferrari doesn't do the state inspection?
    T

9. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Boardwalk Ferrari does State Inspections in house now!

( Except for Dyno State Inspections that is )

Cost ranges from $7.00 to $25.50 now, depending on the actual car.

Happy to help!

S

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    That's REALLY good to know!

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Problem solved! Thank you.
    T

12. daviddallas

daviddallas Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    Plano area has these "Inspection Only stations, which I think is what Sid is referring to above. I use them for all cars..

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Think I've seen those. I got mine inspected at Boardwalk Ferrari. Twas quick & easy...T

14. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I use the one at the corner of Legacy and Custer.

Just got another of my older cars inspected there this weekend. 85 MB W123 (300D Turbo).

Cost me a whooping $7. In and out in 15 minutes (there was no one in line ahead of me).

Sid

15. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Kwik Kar on Midway north of Park is where Boardwalk Ferrari used to go. When they see an exotic pull up they usually give preferential treatment.

I've had several inspections done there. They are careful with the cars.