OFFICIAL FERRARI F12 TDF PICTURE THREAD | Page 110 | FerrariChat

OFFICIAL FERRARI F12 TDF PICTURE THREAD

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ROMO, Oct 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  2. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
  3. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Indeed, you and me both. Don't know if it's the TDF that has brought on the black wheel craze as that disease has been raging for the last 5 years at least. But putting them on the TDF surely does not help.

I just don't get it. Why get a beautifully forged rim and then hide it by painting it black? And as you say - all while putting massive black holes in the car.

4. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  5. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
  6. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I am sure you are insulting many people who have different taste than you and like the sporty look of black wheels. All of the forged wheels are painted any way whether black, gold, silver or grey. I don't think Ferrari offers a forged alloy wheel in clear coat...maybe they will for special edition or tailor made orders. The point is, it's not cool insulting other people's taste. Just my two cents.

7. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006
  8. kev360

kev360 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2006

9. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark

I agree. The airbrushed shields suit the car perfectly!

10. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    +1

What does the yellow dot next to it represent?

11. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Wondering the same thing. Painted shields are cool....as long as Ferrari does it or their paint sub contractor.

12. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    #2738 Tenney, May 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    #2739 Garretto, May 24, 2016
    Tim, sure you had guessed... in the end this tdf turns out to be Blu Ahrabian, matching all your sample's green and purple flakes. I have to say I really like it, a beautiful blue in the shade which lights up as a very distinct grey in the sunlight. Definitely, a new favorite for me.

Perhaps most of the "problem" was that there weren't any pictures of the BA LaFerrari in proper sunlight, which led to think it was a more conventional blue.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    +1

I for one am a fan of black wheels and spec them on my cars where I feel they are appropriate. I respect the fact there are a few on this board who are not fans of them and have on multiple occasions strongly voiced their opinion. But I feel this has started to turn into a crusade (particularly in this thread) and frankly is just not cool anymore and bordering on being offensive to people with opposite tastes. I am happy to read about individuals not liking them but no need to keep mentioning it again and again and again........

15. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    Have you seen the colour tag? If not, it is pure speculation from your side as well...

Just because some overly euphoric people are writing this all over the net, does not mean, that is actually true.

I still personally think it is to dark/to blue-ish to be BA and I've seen BA LaF in proper sunlight!

16. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    +1!
    I can understand that some don't like black wheels for a very simple reason: I still do not understand how someone can possibly purchase gold wheels.

However, I think that someone who worked hard to aquire his/her dream Fcar can have it pink with gold wheels and green mirrors if it makes him/her happy! I will not like those specs, but I respect anyone elses's choice as long as I can do what I want!

Furthermore, I only had enthusiastic feedback on my GS/black wheels/yellow accent TdF from all of them who saw it in the metal... perhaps they were all very polite though...

17. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Well... I'm doing my best providing visual evidence! So, not at all pure speculation. Have you seen the BA sample posted a few days ago by Traveller? Don't you think it clearly matches the tdf close-up??

18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I totally accept and agree this. When I post about my dislike of black wheels I make a point not to be rude as it is a matter of taste and each to their own. Any comments I make are very much tongue in cheek with a smile on my face! After this I might have to switch to black myself to avoid diamond finish hatred!

19. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Tim : I would never forgive you if you put black wheels on your F40LM!

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #2746 Traveller, May 24, 2016
  21. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    #2747 Garretto, May 24, 2016
    I don't have a good original or the skills for a better close-up, but I think it's very clear that these colours are the same. The sample was sent to Traveller from Ferrari, it's Blu Ahrabian.

The base is there and the purple and green/turquoise flakes are there.

22. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Tim, what are you going to end up doing - going with a regular build or continuing down the Tailor Made path when Ferrari get their act together?

23. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Very interesting but never would I have seen it as such-I totally see your logic but just cannot get my head around it having held the colour in front of my eyes.

24. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Still going TM, especially on the interior. My struggle is the paint and whilst I am still trying to get the colour I saw, I may have to fall back to my favourite standard colour which I think you might recognise.....