430 6MT market price thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

430 6MT market price thread

Discussion in '360/430' started by howl, Sep 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    At Garage Zenith in Switzerland, they have an 06 manual 430 Spider w 39,000 kms for sale at CHF150k (roughly the same in USD). In general it seems that the manuals are priced lower in Europe than in the US. I will be enjoying my own '09 6MT 430 Spider for at least another 7 years....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO

That's such an interesting comment. How do you reconcile to 7 years?

3. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    It is interesting to see the range of asking prices for 6MT 430's. CNC just listed a gray 2008 coupe with 5600 miles for $300,000. Also recently mentioned on this thread was the 2005 coupe listed by Black Horse Motors for $300k. It appears that some of these big independent dealers, as well as some of the authorized Ferrari dealers, are really trying to push the prices on the manual transmission 430's into the stratosphere. They obviously see the rarity and desirability of the manual 430s and are trying to get top dollar, rather than a quick sale.

If you look at Black Horses website you'll see that the 6MT 430 is currently the most expensive car they have listed. It is priced higher than 2 different 458 spiders and a 6500 mile red Scuderia.

4. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    It's not mine for sale. Mine is an '09. BTW, the car mentioned in my post is now sold (within a week from being put up for sale by the dealer)

5. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's a good observation. That is why I started the thread - to see actual market prices. Cars are clearly trading in the very high hundred K range with two that I know of over 200k. at least I see no evidence of actual sales anywhere near 300. With that said, this is an interesting time of year. They could continue to ramp and be there in a few months or, they could do what the 3x8 market did. Fast ramp, a few very high sales, and now the market seems to have settled in at a level well above where it was a couple of years ago but the ramp to the moon seems to have stopped and asking prices are starting to cluster around the new normal. Interesting to follow.

6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Any big price differential between 430 MT and Scud?All things being more or less equal.How about future trends? Thanks.

7. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
  8. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anyone buy or sell one recently? Would be great if you could provide the following info so we can continue to build a database in this thread. Thanks in advance.

#6 Report Post
    Old 09-04-2015, 10:21 PM
    Formula Junior
    Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FerRrari View Post
    You should also include model year and interior color IMO.

Agree. That is important info. So mine is Cuoio and 2007. Info suggested is now:

B or Spider:
    Date of sale:
    Color:
    Mileage:
    CCB:
    Condition: (poor, good, excellent/like new)
    CPO:
    Average options or well optioned:
    Price before tax:
    Model year:
    Interior color:

9. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013
    Well guys, I'm coming to the sad realization that there just might be another manual F430 on the market....mine :-(

I recently bought a new house and I'm having a difficult time selling my old one. It's on the ocean in a resort area and I'm afraid that if it doesn't sell very soon, I'll be forced to keep it until next spring. If that ends up being the case, look for my car to come on the market :-( But at least I'll have some info for this thread!

10. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    George. Please say it ain't so!

11. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    I think Ferrari ft lauderdale has one listed at $289k

12. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013

'Fraid so, Tom :-(

If my house doesn't sell for near my asking price, I'll keep it and do the whole vacation rental thing. If that's the case, I'll need to free up as much money as possible to pay for my new house. My original plan was to sell the old house to pay for the new one, plus a super size garage addition (!!). I'm still sticking with my original plan, but I'm running out of time.

13. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California
    Here's a 430 6MT going for auction at Mecums between Aug 18-20 in Monterey. The car is closest to my own 430 in year, miles , interior color and original owner. The only difference is in color, mine is red and this one is Silverstone:
    https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-259376/2008-ferrari-f430-coupe/

I'll be interested in seeing how much this hammers at. They're estimating between $225-275K.

14. SAVANTAUTO

SAVANTAUTO Karting

Nov 5, 2010
    I wonder if the gated premium is here to stay or just a temporary thing?

15. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO

Here to stay. I hear they aren't making them any more. 🤔

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I'll be interested to see how much they get as well.

17. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    how many 430 MT ever built ?

18. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    This is now the second 430 6 speed manual to be listed at a top tier collector car auction that I am aware of (first was the yellow 6MT spider at RM). I was looking through the Mecum lineup for Saturday and this 430 manual is in some amazing company in what is their premier day in Monterey. Among other Ferraris being sold on Saturday at Mecum are an Enzo, Laferrari, F40, and 275gtb. The only other more "modern" Ferraris in the Saturday Mecum lineup are either special editions, or very rare: a 599gto, 599 Aperta, and 599 6 speed manual, so the 430 manual is clearly being placed amongst some very impressive company.

With inclusion in these top tier auctions it is great to see that the 430 manual is now being viewed by the wider collector car community as a special and rare car. It will be very interesting to see what it sells for.

19. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Wow I bet the 599 manual goes through the roof! Same vintage but a whole lot rarer than a 430 man.

20. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    #196 Cinque, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    There are no official figures since Ferrari did not provide production numbers after the 360.

For the 430 manual, it is well accepted that about 10% of total 430 production were manual transmission cars. Some believe less, but for simplicity let's say 10%. The tricky part is there are no official numbers in terms of total 430 production. Production numbers state 16,000 360's total (both coupe and spider combined). It is reasonable to think 430 production was similar, possibly higher, so an educated estimate would be 18,000 total 430's with a perhaps a 50/50 split between coupe and spiders.

This would indicate approximately 900 Manual F430 coupes worldwide, and around 900 Manual 430 spiders. The US typically represents about 30% of worldwide volume, so I think there would not be more than 270 manual F430 coupes, and 270 manual F430 spiders in the US. Again, this is an educated estimate, but I don't think there are any more solid numbers out there for the 430 manual.

As a comparison with another rare modern V8, there were 1288 total 360 Challenge Stradales worldwide (coupe only of course).

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    And the 430 was the last mid engined manual car Ferrari ever made.

I have heard numbers lower than the above for total manual 430 production, from good sources, but no certainty..

22. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    The Ferrari dealers in each country delivered all the cars new, so they would know.

23. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anyone have new data. While prices are advertised frequently in the high 200K range, my observation based on actual transactions is with few exceptions, very clean cars are trading hands in the high 180's and 190's. I know of one I belive traded in the low 200's. If anyone had data on actual transactions, it would be great to get updated info. No one has posted an actual sale in a while. Not sure why some consider it secret. Many private deals (think real estate) are made public post close. Thanks in advance to anyone with more info.

24. CChung

CChung Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Southern California
    The car just sold for exactly $200K.