Goodbye Greenville Car show | FerrariChat

Goodbye Greenville Car show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by turbos7903, May 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    It is with a bit of Sadness that I inform you that we have decided to no longer promote the Greenville Car show and the Boys and Girls club Christmas Party. Frankly events have a shelf life and this one has reached a point that the leadership team led by myself, Vince and Don have lost the required passion to promote it. I would like to thank all of the members of the Ferrari Chat community who have been instrumental in the success of the event. We provided over the last eight years a Christmas party each year for children in need and meals for the summer program to get the kids off the streets and into the club. We have raised approximately $45,000 over those eight years and have made a positive impact on the lives we touched. We had a heck of a lot of fun doing it as well. But it is time to move on to a new initiative and a new cause. I am sure we can count on your support in the future for whatever that may be.
    Respectfully
    Jon ,Vince and Don

2. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Sorry to see it go. It was a great show (and a very short drive for me to get there), but aside from all that you deserve a standing ovation for the efforts put in for the many shows that were held!

3. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Regardless of the important charitable purposes of this annual show, the many attendees and participants (with their shared love of cars) will miss this show terribly.

On behalf of the Boys/Girls Club, the attendees, and the participants, a well-deserved thank-you to the organizers is hereby extended for giving of yourselves to such a good cause. Bravo!

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    That's so kind. Thankyou

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thankyou Jerry. You were always a great supporter . Much appreciated

6. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Get the boys /girls club hooked up with wings and wheels in Georgetown. Could be good for everyone. Wings and wheels is so much fun because unlike an ordinary car show there is lot's of stuff going on and makes for a very interesting and fun day.

7. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Jon, sorry to see this event come to an end. It brought together a terrific group of friends, enthusiasts, and spectators, and raised money for a good cause. If we helped even one kid, it makes it worth it!

Thanks to you, Don, and Vince for handling this over the years, and you know you can continue to count on my support in the future.

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thanks for your idea, I would be happy to refer you to the people in charge of the boys and girls club fundraising if you PM me. Thanks Jon

9. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thanks Scott. You are a charter participant in this initiative. Thanks for your support. Jon QUOTE=swexlin;144707598]Jon, sorry to see this event come to an end. It brought together a terrific group of friends, enthusiasts, and spectators, and raised money for a good cause. If we helped even one kid, it makes it worth it!

Thanks to you, Don, and Vince for handling this over the years, and you know you can continue to count on my support in the future.[/QUOTE]

10. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    You're welcome. It was a good cause and two busy-fun days each year. Also, thanks to Nick Dunlop. He helped Jon start the show.

11. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    As I told you privately. This was a fantastic event and you, Vince and Don have my admiration for all that you did through your efforts for the Boys and Girls Club. You directly impacted the lives of so many children and gave them happiness and memories that will hopefully serve as a catalyst to being agents of change in their community. Everything eventually comes to an end,
    It's what you do between the bookends that matter and you guys left nothing on the table. I am really proud to have even been a participant in this event.

It was the only car show my family loved going to :)

12. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    #12 RobD, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    I will certainly miss the Greenville show. I attended every year and always had a nice time. Much thanks to Jon, Don and Vince for all their efforts over the years. Hosting a successful event like this, though it may appear easy, surely requires significant amounts of time and energy. Many of us realize and appreciate that effort. You created a great car show and helped a lot of underprivileged children at the same time. That's a win-win in my book.

13. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Joe Zafferese you counsel was much appreciated on this decision . Thank you

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jon. Don't lament the passing of the event. Instead celebrate the goods times that were had by all, and the fantastic job of raising much needed funds for your charity of choice.

D

15. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Jon, Vince and Don. You guys were amazing and created a lot of happiness for the kids and the community. It was a great thing for many years. All stories have an ending and this was an enchanting book. Great job Jon.

16. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thanks Dave. Bitter Sweet