Caution: BAD experience with Inter-City Auto Transport (Wyoming) & Go 2 Transport | FerrariChat

Caution: BAD experience with Inter-City Auto Transport (Wyoming) & Go 2 Transport

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Vraiment, Jun 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    A few weeks back I hired Intercity, on behalf of a dear friend who wished to have her 458 shipped half way across the country. She had no experience with Intercity but decided that was who she wanted to work with.

The day before the scheduled pick up Intercity informed me that another company would be in touch about the pick-up time. To my surprise, they had farmed out to the job to Go-2 Transport from Phoenix.

I protested but they simply said that they “reserved the right” in their contracts to give jobs to a sub-carrier. Although disappointed and somewhat uncomfortable, much had gone into the logistics and planning of the transport and its arrival time and the owner agreed to stay the course.

I oversaw the preparation of the car and its final inspection before it was loaded on the carrier. Any minor defects were noted and signed off on the bill of lading. When the car arrived on the other end there was a large chip in the roof. The driver denied any responsibility and insisted the car was loaded that way even though the damage was not noted on the bill of lading.

The car was inspected by a local Ferrari-recommended body shop and they said that the entire roof needs to be painted from pillar to pillar for the best outcome.

We have spent weeks trying to get the carrier -- first Intercity and then Go 2 - to be accountable, and today they officially denied the claim.

There is always risk with shipping a car – especially an exotic – and to be sure, mistakes happen. However, in the end, it’s about how a business owns up to and accounts for their mistakes.

To say the least, this has been an ugly experience.

I can’t possibly recommend that anybody hire Intercity or Go 2 for the transport of their Ferrari, or any other car they care about.

2. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Wow, that sucks. I recommend turning the claim into the owner's insurer. Given the cost to repair, they will pursue subrogation with both transport companies and their insurers. If successful, the owner will be reimbursed her deductible. At least that's how it should work. Depends on who the insurer is. GC's 458?

3. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Yes, it is.

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Exactly! Hope the two transporters realize their responsibility and come around.

5. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    What a shame...sad to hear that some businesses choose to practice with very poor integrity.

6. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I drove by you the day you were shipping and the car was spotless. Lessons learned, as unfortunate as it is.

7. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    I have had bad experiences myself with Intercity, shipping clients cars.
    Sorry to hear about the trouble.

8. Kman360

Kman360 Rookie

Mar 9, 2013
    Sorry to hear about this headache. I think D. Harris is right with his comment.
    I will be not be using them in the future!
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

9. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    #9 intercity, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016

Vraiment,

Can you please clarify your post as Intercity Lines, Inc. does not broker any work out to another carrier. There is a broker with the name Inter-City Auto Transport out of Jackson, Wyoming area and they are not associated with us nor are we associated with any brokers. We only haul cars we book with our drivers and our trucks. I am assuming this incident was with them and not Intercity Lines, Inc out of MA. We have been in business for over 35 years and we take a lot of pride in our work, we have the best drivers with the best equipment and if we damage a vehicle we take care of the claim to have the car repaired.

It is unfortunate that this happened to your friend and the carrier should have stood behind to repair the damage. However, forum members take posts and reviews very seriously and we would appreciate if you can clarify that the incident happened with the broker and not Intercity Lines, Inc.

Thank you for your help in this matter!

10. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    Jim, it is great to clarify. I was puzzled bc the brokering part. I had nothing but excellent service in shipping my exotics with intercity.

11. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Jim, I am glad to hear of the clarification. Over the past 8 years we have used you to move the blue car to/from Pebble Beach, to/from Cavallino, to New Mexico from FCA National, to VA from FCA National. Every move has been perfect with no issues, competent and friendly driver crews every time. As a matter of fact you will be bringing the car to the Golden Gate Ferrari Festival this September.

It would seem that there might be a copyright infringement case with this other outfit.

Best regards,

Robert

12. doltond

doltond Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2008
    Sonoma and San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dolton
    +1!!

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    +2

14. Lookingforfcar

Dec 2, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Andy
    at best it would be trademark infringement, not copyright. .. you would need to have a registered trademark to file such a compliant... .. you would need to have a registered copyright to file such a compliant... otherwise you can not file suit.

15. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    djantlive,

Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate your business.

16. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    Robert,

As always Thank You for the kind words and your business. We look forward to moving the little blue car in Sept. Have a great summer and stay cool in NM!

17. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    +1. I've shipped with Intercity Lines twice and both have been wonderful experiences. I will only ship with them since they are one of the few carriers that will not farm out work to other companies and have their own drivers, so I know exactly who's dealing with my car(s).

I hope things work out in the end with the resolution of the damage with the other "Intercity"!

Ruben

18. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009
    Ruben,

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for your business, we really appreciate it. We look forward to helping you with any future moves.

19. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Thanks for chiming in Jim.

In all the times I have used Intercity I have never heard of them brokering ANY transport- the trucks themselves are the best in the biz and something the driver's are proud to show off.

Shows how the best course of action in this business is to get a personal referral rather than relying on the google machine.

20. luvcoupes

luvcoupes Karting

Jan 29, 2011
    San Francisco
    I used Intercity recently, and it was a most professional experience. I met the driver on a side street where I spent almost 1 hour with him while he inspected every inch of my car, loaded it and then prepared it with mutiple coverings. Very impressive, to say the least.

21. intercity

intercity Karting

May 5, 2009

Thank you all for your comments, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately we get associated with them even though we have nothing to do with them. Again, we appreciate all the forum members that have used us in the past to post their experience and help clear the air.

22. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    Vraiment, can you clarify which intercity you dealt with?

23. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Jim, I owe you and your company a sincere apology because my post inadvertently led readers to believe I was speaking of your company. In fact, it is as you suggested, Inter-City, based in Jackson, with whom we did business. Never mind the details of how that happened, as we were under the impression we were contracting with Intercity, and desired to do so because of multiple strong recommendations we do so. Once again, my apologies for typing it as I did when in fact it is Inter-City. V.

24. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    You might want to ask the moderator to retitle this thread to call out the correct mover's company name.

25. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Thank you for your suggestion - that request has been made.