Has anyone been to the Goodwood Revivial | FerrariChat

Has anyone been to the Goodwood Revivial

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by gpiro, Jun 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gpiro

gpiro Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2007
    NJ
    Interested in going this year 9/2016 live in NYC area.
    Any info appreciated.
    [email protected]

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Yes,2010.

If you are specifically interested in classic/vintage cars,racing and dressing up,this is THE event of the year that you would have to do.

There would not be an event in the world,if you embrace the whole concept of what Lord March has tried,and successfully achieved,that would come close to this event.

It only works properly though,if you attend the whole 3 days and get into the spirit of the event.

I'm sure there will be other folk to comment on this event favourably as well.

Oh and try to get pit passes!!

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #3 greyboxer, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Take a look at all the old Goodwood threads for an idea of the event - about a quarter of the threads with Goodwood in the title relate to the Revival

Out of interest how does where you live affect your attendance ?

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

I believe Saturday for this year is already sold out. Paddock passes available only for GRRC members.

Revival is the very definition of "unique." Some of my hard core historic racing friends are a bit sour on it as they think it has become too commercial, but I think it's wonderful. Too crowded, though, so now we go to the Members' Meeting instead of Revival. We do miss the aviation component, though.

5. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Sorted! :D

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Been a few times, and you do need to engage with the format and dress up etc to get the most from it. The racing is pretty cool, and the cars on display awesome, but only if you are hardcore. If you just like the odd Ferrari or jaguar, it could be a bit boring after a while looking at cars you don't care or know of

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    #7 spirot, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I went in 2011, and it was fantastic. I'm a huge vintage car enthusiast.. so for me it was like being in a candy store!

GTO's, GT40's Cobras, BRM, etc... all over the place. we went with Rolls Royce 100 Year anniversary, so go in the paddock... it was amazing!

but even if you don't get paddock passes, the whole thing is so well done. the vendor village is un believable. need the chrome surround to a 1933 invicta windshield? you'll find a dozen in the vendor village. they was a full Rolex store in there... cleaned my watch just for browsing... Motorbooks had a full store.. wood floors book shelves etc... literally 5000 books on display...amazing.

what was a PITA is parking and getting into the event. long lines and finding food... we eat in the members canteen, but even there was long lines...my wife was not thrilled with her dress - she was cold all day. but we went dressed up in 50's vintage fashion and fit right in.

there were guys in WWII uniforms - one guy had a German Field Marshals uniform on with all the medals etc... was so impressive. its highly recommended!!! we stayed in Pourtsmouth down on Gunwharf quai... lots of good restaurants etc.. it is right next to the spinnaker observation platform. close to where the Victory is. I would book 2 days - one to watch the races = the other to explore Goodwood ... there is so much there to see.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. abster

abster Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    NJ
    Attended the 2014 event. Great times. As other have said Thursday/Friday are much better than Sat/Sun as the crowds are much smaller.

You should definitely do it once to cross it off your automotive bucket list!

9. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Just the members' car park is worth going to Revival for... We spent several hours looking at these treasures before we even got through the gates. However obscure a marque, there'll be one there somewhere.

10. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    been several times. one of the all time great car events not to be missed.

if you do go, go in costume. you wont regret it.

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Yes, you could spend the day in the pre-66 car park and still not see everything.