Speciale Collectability | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Speciale Collectability

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by islandtrader, May 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    thanks. I am back in Red.

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Honestly, after owned a few cars with CF trims, its either their good or bad points in the car. They're useful as far as limiting weight, but it turns bad. Whether its a Ferrari or a porsche. They would be part of maintenance that will haunt you.

Thats why I when I ordered new cars, and plan on keeping them, I stay away from CF. Its nice to look at but with our Texas whether, it would be a sore to look at later.

But I get you, love a new CF trim.

3. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Congrats! Drive her in good health. Flap regulation (Capristo or Novi) and she screams!

4. Matt_337

Matt_337 Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Congrats on the purchase. Sell the car to me In a few years if you're done. I'll drive it back down 45 to Houston. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Will do!

Youre number 2 in the list.

6. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    As soon as i get it, i will look at the exhaust. Sound ok to me at youtube.

Thanks

7. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank

Exactly perfectly stated! Who cares. Enjoy what you have because it can be gone in a minute. 4 implants in my spine. I'm grateful to be walking let alone driving and owning any one of these dreams. Trade it in a minute To be pain free.

8. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It does sound great as is. All about taste and how your ear hears it. Me, I love it and the remote made it even better. For a few hundred you get some overruns pops and cracks. It's what I did and it made a large difference to me and I like passing the info on good or bad. Had it on both my Cali and Spider. Got rid of the on off which to me was annoying as hell. To my ear it's nice to have especially driving it first without then getting it. Quiet and loud when you want either.

Again, Congrats man and enjoy in good health! I'm sure your champing at the bit. When does she arrive?

9. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    Congrats Bart! Welcome to the Speciale family! Post some pics once it gets delivered..

10. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    To the OP, sorry not trying to hijack your thread. Will start a new one.

Thanks to all who gave their input. Perfect timing.

11. groutguy

groutguy Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2014
    I truly hope your health improves. I know how much back and neck issues can really affect a persons quality of life.

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't know why, but i feel that 430 Scud will keep collectability price higher than 458 Speciale.

13. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank

Thank you Groutguy. Unfortunately I'm blessed with both and also blessed to be able to afford to get fixed right.

So to me any Fcar is collectable since it may be gone in a minute. I enjoy every moment I can when I can.

Sorry for straying off topic

14. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Took delivery today. The most important aspect of my purchase of the car has been confirmed.(Depending on who you ask?)

The Exhaust still sounds like a Ferrari. If you have a SCUD, the exhaust is no significantly different. I drove it like how I drive my SCUD and it SCREAMED on demand. Beautiful. IMO, due to sound deadening inside the cabin, its the same.

The car has matured. Some of the things that I think needed improvement has been improved if you came from the SCUD.

I call this the last of the triad. If you have three(CS, SCUD and Speciale), then you have history. But if you are planning on getting one of the triad, any one will be OK.

If you have a CS or SCUD and planning to get the newest but needed to choose only one, forget about that doubt. It will deliver.

I will make another thread about the difference I noticed with my SCUD in the next days.

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    +1. Maybe even closer to a modern V6 time.

16. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Nice summary/perspective, I have had the pleasure of owning both the CS and Scud and am contemplating the Speciale. I found the CS and Scud very different, with the Scud much faster and refined, I eventually got rid of the CS as my wife wouldn't ride in it, but she really likes the Scud, sounds like the Speciale is another evolution in speed without loosing the Scud feel.

17. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    #242 bart12, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    If you like the looks and improvements in the 458, you are getting that plus the qualities of a scuderia.

Try to drive one. She would love the Speciale like my wife.

It would take some time that people(who owns CS and SCUDs) to accept the fact that the new Speciale is better than the 2. For one thing, it cost both of them combined to buy one right now at least.(We will see in the future, but depreciation curve is the same on all special cars).

But Scuds people are the hardest headed I believe. People who owns CS admits SCUDs are better. but SCUDers would not yet accept that Speciales are better than SCUDS. How can you deny that fact? My only concern with this car was its exhaust note(lame yes) but have you looked at this car and others around? Lambo, McLaren or SCUDERIA?

Give it whats its due. Who knows what would be more expensive in the future, I did not buy it for that. I want a better car than my scuderia. I hate the headlight webbing, I hate the whitening of the CF airboxes, I hate the rear brakelight cracking. I don't hate the car as a whole, but that's why the SPECIALE is an improvement.

I guess a McLaren would have to wait, my SPECIALE has arrived!

18. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Have to agree, my wife prefers driving the Speciale over the others. You can turn it to a sleeper if you want and get the response when you want it.

19. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    My wife also loves to drive the speciale. I think the main reason is that the car really works with you and is quite pleasurable to drive. Some of he other f cars we have gone through were much more finicky. That's why we call it the amaziale : it is an amazing car!

20. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    I sold my Speciale Aperta 10 months ago as of last 2 months the car was at its high I should have held it lol

21. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Found a nicely specced '14 speciale at msrp close to 380k. At half the price of a aperta it seems like a good deal. Were there about 3,000 made?

22. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    That seems to be the number.

23. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
  24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Curious why no one picked up the red Speciale at Velocity Motors for $389k. Seems like a good deal....low options?

Sent from my 16M

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    In regards to the Scud. With some bolt on power mods, light-weight wheels, you can gain noticeable increase in hp (marginal on Speciale) while being a few hundred lbs lighter than a Speciale, which is great for agility and track performance/feel. Sounds better than a Speciale, has a more visceral transmission, and less driving nannies. These are the +'s of the Scud. Not sure what the CS has on the Scud aside from looks (subjective) and maybe sound.

Having said that, I do very much want a Speciale based on just looks alone. Waiting/hoping for prices to come down :).