Algar Ferrari Philadelphia | FerrariChat

Algar Ferrari Philadelphia

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Quadbogey, Jun 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Quadbogey

Quadbogey Rookie

May 23, 2016
    Northern California
    What do you East Coast guys know about Algar Ferrari in Philadelphia?
    Are they good guys to deal with on buying a used 458 ?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Very, very good guys.

Bought two cars from them.

Francis (sales manager) is a solid guy.

I don't really know the new owners, so can't vouch for them, but from what I've seen, they're as good, or better than the last owner, who was a top notch good guy.

Call and ask for Tony or Patrick in sales. 610-527-1100

D

3. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I bought a 458 Spider from Algar two years ago, they did extensive mechanical refurbishment on my Dino three years ago, and they presently have my F430 Spider for service and repairs. They are a top-flight operation, in both sales and service. I recommend them highly. Fred

4. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    #4 jaa1359, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Probably the best dealer in the country.

5. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    My dealer for going on 20 years..My tenth Ferrari will be here in September. They are the best!

6. frankiefred

frankiefred Rookie

Jan 24, 2008
    just took delivery of my 488 from them with no complaints.

7. jjforsy

jjforsy Rookie

Feb 12, 2008
    Have bought 7 new Ferrari's from them and a few used as well. Would recommend them to anyone. From sales to service they are the best.

8. lotusing

lotusing Rookie

Nov 13, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Franco
    I have to post this even thought it may have been a fluke occurrence. A couple of years ago I was driving home from the jersey shore and I saw a nice TR and I saw the tag,it was a dealer tag from Algar. I finally got next to it to check it out and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was was driving along side of him at 20mph and he was going 0. I could not believe it. I knew he was coming from the shore because he had beach stuff in the car heading to Philly. I know Algar and they have been there for years and have a top notch dealership so it really surprised me so if you are buying a used car from them I guess just be careful of the miles.

9. frankiefred

frankiefred Rookie

Jan 24, 2008
    you could make out the needle not moving on a speedometer that is covered partially by a dash piece over and around it from 15+ feet away while driving 20mph? come on.

10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Bought my Maserati GT from them. Francis, Tony and Michael Bloch are all 100% stand up guys. Nothing but the best!

11. lotusing

lotusing Rookie

Nov 13, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Franco
    I know it sounds crazy but I saw it clear as day or I would not have added to this post.His speedo was dead. Many dealers did this to cars that they where able to disconnect the speedo. It wouldn't have worked on newer cars for sure. I have owned Ferrari's for many years and I knew that wasn't right. I was going to ask the driver why he is driving a dealer car and the speedo was disconnected but my wife stopped me. If it was any other Ferrari I wouldn't cared as much.

12. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    I would not recommend them; a friend from Fchat had huge problems doing just
    that with Algar

13. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

What did the driver look like?

If you remember how fast it was going, you should be able to remember that detail.

It's not like there are 100 people working there.

D

14. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

So you're suggesting that someone with access to the keys, and a dealer plate at Algar was committing a felony while driving a car they were selling?

Risking their selling license in PA to keep a few miles off a car?

Wow, just wow.

D

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm sorry, but I'm personal friends with their 27 year ex tech and he is a total gentleman beyond belief. I'm not saying you are making this up but I'm suggestion you just did not see it properly. These guys have a stellar reputation.

16. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I echo the positive comments above. I have bought and sold 4 Ferrari's with Algar and have a 488 spider on order, all interactions have been top notch. You will not be disappointed.

17. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Never bought from them but Francis is a good guy.

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Algar = excellent.

19. DPGT

DPGT Karting

Aug 23, 2012
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Frank
    From sales to service all Top Notch people. Purchased 3 specced #1 and #2. All great people. Even goth the call when the Speciale was available since it was my perfect spec. Made the deal and it was fair for all parties.

Unimaginable: Forget the Felony and how about losing the whole shebang from Ferrari. You think Ferrari would stand and let this slip by as OK? Your talking risking many millions in losses over what? If you are so confident then why would you post this here if you care so much about those on here? One would think if a person saw this and true they would reach out to Corporate or the Dealer themselves first before writing this in an open forum.
    For all you know they sent someone down to pick up a customer car down the shore to get this exact issue repaired for the client. They go out of their way for their customers.

Just saying......

20. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Algar is top notch. I bought my first Ferrari from them and only wish they were located closer to home. Dealt with Tony Palmer. Class act all the way. Wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

21. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Havent bought a vehicle from them but i know people that had a great experience

22. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    +1 on Algar being tremendous. Gave me my first chance of being a new Ferrari owner and bought 2 with hopefully a third coming soon. Francis and Tony have been nothing but excellent to me. Wish I lived closer as well, would love to visit with them more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    In my personal experience, the staff at Algar are not only scrupulously honest, but extremely accommodating, as well. I can't say enough good things about my dealings with them, involving four Ferraris, to date. Fred

24. lotusing

lotusing Rookie

Nov 13, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Franco
    I hope you guys are not that naive. I have been working with dealers for over 15 yrs and there isn't one of them who are not trying to cut corners to make extra money with wrecked, rolling mileage and other ways crazy ways. I have seen it with my own eyes. There is a large dealer that sells Rolls, Bentley, and Lambo and he is king of rolling mileage, cheating customers for years and he is a millionaire 10 times over. No one can stop him because A. he has too much money and B. he is connected politically. I am not saying that Algar is a bad dealership but just keep your eyes open.I know that it was easier to disconnect the speedos on a older Ferrari's just like and older non digital, non computerized cars so I would think that cars newer than 2000 are more safe on mileage.
    And D? I don't remember who was driving the car, I was too busy admiring the car and then could not believe what I was seeing. The other thing is that, back then when I was in the business, I always looked at cars differently than most. I always look for paint work done on a car, tires on the car, anything less than Michelin, Conti or Pirelli on a Ferrari would make me nuts. Do you ever do that? I was more looking at all aspects of the car not the owner, unless it is a hot Blonde!!!

25. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    +1

Fyi Algar just completely ripped off a friend of mine and sold him a 2013 Italia claiming
    it was a pristine car and it arrived to him with quarter panel damage, huge dents, paint
    damage and a poorly applied protection film.

Long story short this friend is selling the car back to Algar and loosing about USD 40K
    in the process as he has no time to pursue them legally.