Funny Ferrari Stories? | FerrariChat

Funny Ferrari Stories?

Discussion in '348/355' started by DavidLMcAfee, Jun 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavidLMcAfee

DavidLMcAfee Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2015
    East TN
    Full Name:
    David McAfee
    #1 DavidLMcAfee, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    My wife and I went out to dinner tonight. As usual on Date Night, we took the 348. When we arrived at the restaurant, we elected to sit outside because it was nice out. Our table offered us a perfect view of the car sitting in the parking lot. Of course, that didn't hurt my feelings, because I can stare at it for a good long time and not get sick of it.

Our waiter (nice kid) was pretty chatty. At one point during the conversation he pointed to the car and said "Well yeah, we do all right here. You see my Ferrari over there, right?"

I knew he was kidding. But it was still pretty funny. The look on his face when I told him it was mine was priceless. But even better was when we got in the car and left, and the kid stood next to the table, watching us go. (In retrospect, I kinda wish I hadn't told him the truth. It certainly would have made for a better exit.)

My wife and I had a good chuckle, and it made me realize that I've had several instances of good-natured Ferrari fun.

Like the little old man outside of a McDonald's who confessed to me that he had pretended to be the owner when a couple of guys who were driving by pointed at the car and flashed him a thumbs up.

Or the guy at Cars and Coffee who (behind his wife's back) pointed at his kid, then at my car, and mimed a swap.

I can't be the only one with stories like these, so I figured I'd see who else has an amusing Ferrari moment they'd like to share.

Anyone?

2. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    All funny stuff and par for the course. I think it's funny when car guys look disappointed/surprised when they hear my car is a 95.

3. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    Good stories David...

4. elliott95

elliott95 Rookie

Aug 24, 2015
    Paradise
    Full Name:
    Elliott
    Hahaha very funny, keep em coming ....

5. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Had my 348 out on Father's Day for a cruise on a nice 2 lane country road.. I was entering the edge of town and came up on a kid about 14 riding a bmx bicycle in the oncoming lane.He was gawking towards his ditch and when he turned towards me just as I went by his jaw dropped and he turned inside out to watch me go by. I was laughing and watching him watch me through my rearview mirror and the front of bike started wobbling and he crashed right in the middle of the road. He got up and took off ok so at least I didnt get him killed.lol

6. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    It's nice to know that there are still some kids out riding bikes and that some appreciate the sight of an old school Ferrari.

7. DavidLMcAfee

DavidLMcAfee Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2015
    East TN
    Full Name:
    David McAfee
    On the initial drive home, I passed a guy in a 90s era Altima. After I passed him, I saw his car swerving in my rearview. I looked closer, and the driver (who looked to be in his early 20s) had his cell phone out, taking a picture. Almost ran off the road!

8. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #8 andrew911, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Here's a Ferrari story- there was a Ferrari Fall Festival in NJ (I think the Ferrari club puts it on). It was 2003 (only remember the year because the pictures are still on my computer). Anyway, I was only a Ferrari dreamer back then- drove over with a few people... When we pulled up the guy directing us seemed annoyed that we showed up (even though the event was some obscene amount of money to attend- they had lunch there too). I parked my 911 where they told us, at the entrance of the estate that was hosting the event. My wife and I were walking around, enjoying the cars when over the loudspeakers comes an announcement stating that the owners of the Porsche, Corvette and Rolls Royce need to move their cars...I walked to the front (which was away from the "field" of cars which was 95% Ferrari, and a few vintage alfas and maseratis) and had to pull my lowly (mint triple black aircooled convertible) 911 into the weeds, even though the car was not by the show field and I had parked it where they originally told me to. The other lowly cars, the corvette and rolls, had to do the same.

The guy directing this (presumably one of the guys running the event) was pompous. Despite this, the day was otherwise wonderful and I did wind up getting a 360 6 years later and fulfilling my dream of Ferrari ownership. Well the funny part of the story is some people are simply as*es. I should have brought my VW beetle, and just parked it on the field between the 4 Enzos that showed up :) Almost all the people at the event were great, but just a couple were a little high on themselves. Don't run into any of that sort of attitude at my local cars & coffee meet (which is free to boot)

9. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Somewhat of the same story about guys takin pics....I'm driving home from work and the sun is setting. I'm driving west so it makes for a perfect sight. I'm cruising along and pass these guys that were flipping out pretty good by what they were seeing and then in the rear view I see a car barreling down but keep then a steady distance and I see the phones in the windshield of their car. That right there is the same stuff I did and now, to have that car just is beyond words. I feel truly blessed for my opportunity!

10. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Pretty much every time I am out with the Challenge I get guys either following or pulling up beside with their cell phones out. One time I was beside a guy who pulled his cell phone out to take pictures. After he put the cell phone down I slowed to below the speed limit, dropped a gear and made sure the car was over 7000 rpm when I blew by him. I wish I could have been in his truck to see what his reaction was. I just figured if I was him, prior to my Ferrari ownership period, I would have wanted to hear the car at full chat.

11. troppoveloce

troppoveloce Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #11 troppoveloce, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    In proper Ferrari form, I always drop it a gear or two and hammer it whenever I'm in a tunnel. One day a few weeks ago, my son and I were approaching one of our favorite tunnels. It's a fully enclosed underpass, so it's essentially a 120 foot long concrete tunnel. As we approached we could see two women walking along the sidewalk inside the tunnel. They were talking among themselves; not really paying attention. As soon as we entered the tunnel, I downshifted and cranked the RPMs up to 7,000. Of course they both panicked and spun around to see what was happening. I think they got their fill of adrenaline that day! And I'm sure they appreciated the beautiful sound of a Ferrari at full throttle. (well maybe not... LOL) I think if we hadn't been past them so quickly, they'd surely have thrown something at us. The scene of the crime: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1432481,-71.4979468,3a,90y,224.51h,84.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTLvU4rqxrxe-CUSbWe4ILA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

12. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That reminds me of a story a friend told me. He built a custom exhaust for my car and was driving it around the downtown core of our city. He was following two other 355's and said that the noise mine made so loud he couldn't hear the cars in front of him. He gave the car a short, quick run up in RPM to listen to the exhaust and startled a couple of homeless guys. One of which gave him the finger and yelled at him. LOL