Help Mondial T valeo issue | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Help Mondial T valeo issue

Discussion in 'Australia' started by MMT, Jan 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    No go in any gear? Sounds like a relay problem. If it was just 1 gear not selecting I would say micro switch in gear lever area.

2. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Tony.
    I think he checked all the relays, shown all good I'm puzzled really I thought all going good until this hiccup. it select gears no problem but no up n go just revs.

3. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    It must be that the clutch is not engaging and just either remaining depressed or not engaging. Have you checked that gears are actually being selected. The gear lever is just as a normal gear stick has a linkage come undone.do you know if when you select a gear whether the clutch actuator is moving and depressing the clutch, you should be able to hear and see this if someone does the incar stuff and you watch the clutch motor arm. If nothing is moving then there must be a relay that tells you he clutch to engage,disengage that is not working.

4. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Tony
    apparently Sal (technician) had a look at gear was not able to see anything moving, that why he suggested to replace the actuator, he had checked all the relays all good, so its crazy, I really don't want to replace the actuator but I'm left with no other choice, if we can't find any thing else.
    Michael

5. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Bench test first, should be able to rebuild if faulty, also should be able to buy similar non Oem part to save $$ but I feel it is not the actuator motor but an electrical/ computer glitch as it was working before he started albeit not working in one gear. As mentioned you need an expert try American thread.

6. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

Sounds like he is guessing and not diagnosing. If he's had it that long and it's not sorted, go elsewhere. Don't discount getting advice from FMS, I've only had good experiences with them

7. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Greg
    apology for late reply , I haven't been checking forum for quite a while, Mate I had the car at FMS for 5 month they promised everything done nothing, initially they said that they had SD1 for the valeo, so I towed the car to them cost me $350.00 ,they had nothing promised getting SD1 from some where overseas nothing happened, than after months they suggest to replace the potentiometer and the clutch actuator with no guarantee, so it goes more and more promises. the car went Sal the only person in Sydney had the SD1 comp to check the Valeo , which he replaced the potentiometer and the ECU Valeo, rectified the clutch light on now its off it starts in neutral as it should, but cannot select gears just revs no go. its rather frustrating not able to sort it out, he tried to put it through learning mode it just won't do it, there's something still a missing puzzle, look I believe his trying but it been hard task.
    Mate if you know something that I don't feel free to add.
    I hope you still have good Exp with them, as everyone deserve to have.
    Michael

8. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Michael, I feel your pain, hope it gets sorted soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes , we'll get there, it's just going to take be of time. I hope not to long !!

10. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Have you spoken with Russell Reeves at all? He might be able to sort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    No, Is he in Sydney ?? if can forward me his details I'll be much appreciated.

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Do you know a good Auto Elec?

13. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Russell was one of the suggestions I PM'd you on January 6....

M

14. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Mike, I must have missed it, I'll give him a call later.
    Michael

15. MMT

MMT Karting

Apr 3, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Not quiet, what do you have in mind ?? , apparently Sal had checked all elec, relay, etc doubled checked all good,

16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    If you knew a good Auto Elec, you could have taken the car there for him to look at.

Sometimes thinking outside the box is what is required and a good Auto Elec is worth his weight in gold and more.

Sal may have checked everything, but he may have also missed something a qualified Auto Elec might find.

Just a thought Michael. I work with Auto Elecs everyday and as handy as I am with basic Auto Electrical stuff, the good ones are absolute magicians.

17. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    And as scarce as hen's teeth... Although I seem to have finally found one in Caboolture of all places :) and waving!

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yep, when you find a good one make sure you stick with him. :)

Gizzi is one of the good ones! :D

19. our427

our427 Rookie

Feb 6, 2016
    Hi , i have had a bit of trouble shooting with the mondials ..... can i help ? Kind regards ray

20. our427

our427 Rookie

Feb 6, 2016
    Hi , ray nichols again , i didnt include my contact details in my last , and 1st , post .... my mobile number is 0406310074 cheers ray

21. Nintendo64

Nintendo64 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2016
    #71 Nintendo64, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Karma not to get married?

:)

22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia