Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia (race car) | FerrariChat

Ferrari 458 GT3 Italia (race car)

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Mike Hedlund, Jun 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike Hedlund

Mike Hedlund Karting

May 30, 2012
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hedlund
    #1 Mike Hedlund, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys,

I'm selling the car I've raced with Patron ESM and Scuderia Corsa over the last few seasons. It's in great condition and ready to race or drive as it sits now. Here's some basic info about the car.

* Originally purchased by ESM Patron for use in the 2012 Grand-Am Rolex series as a model year 2011 chassis.
    * In 2012 ESM Patron raced the car in GrandAm at Daytona 24, Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen 6 Hour (I drove it at Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen w/ Johannes van Overbeek and Guy Cosmo).
    * In 2013 ESM Patron raced the car in GrandAm at Daytona 24, COTA, Laguna Seca, and Watkins Glen 6 Hour (I drove it in all those races).
    * In 2014 ESM Patron operated the car on behalf of SMP who entered the car at the 24 Hours of Daytona and finished 4th.
    * After the 2014 Daytona 24 Hour it was upgraded to full FIA GT3 specification and completely refreshed by ESM.
    * I bought the car from ESM Patron for use in the 2014 Pirelli World Challenge series.
    * I raced the car in various Pirelli World Challenge events during the 2014 and 2015 seasons in with Scuderia Corsa. A best finish of 4th in GT at Sonoma in 2014 (I never entered GTA until the last 2 races of 2015... I think I'd have won most of the other races I entered had I opted into the GTA class. ;))
    * Lots of spares from the endurance racing including a *complete* spare gear box and both homologated endurance and sprint brake packages.
    * Grand-Am spec rollcage which has the high NASCAR style door bars and thicker tubing, personally I find it *much* safer than the standard cage.
    * Driver adjustable anti-roll bars front and rear.
    * Hours on the car are relatively low as I've just done the sprint races with Pirelli World Challenge and a couple test days on the car. I could have ran it the entire 2016 PWC season without refreshing motor or gearbox...
    * Includes all the driver cooling mods by Scuderia Corsa -- solid state helmet blower and cool suit system, aux fans to blow air at driver, push button driver hydration system, etc.
    * Chassis has NEVER had a big hit. Roughest race was 2015 at Long Beach and it was all cosmetic (hey, I made up 10 positions in 3 green flag laps.... ;)) and resulted in new body panels and fenders on the car.
    * I'll include data from myself with the car at any tracks the new owner may run it. I'll also come out and spend a day getting you up to speed in the car if it's on the west coast or coincides with another race weekend I'll be attending.
    * Updated Michelotto traction control software as of October 2015.
    * Car maintained and supported for 2014 and 2015 by Scuderia Corsa.
    * Car is currently located in a climate controlled warehouse in Northern California
    * Car is legal as-is for Pirelli World Challenge GT or GTA classes. As well as club racing with SCCA. Would also make a fantastic track day car or to compete for an overall victory at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill..............

Here's an onboard of the last time I drove the car -- season ending Pirelli World Challenge race at Laguna Seca in 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ymdH7eTWU

Here's a clip of the car on NBC Sports Network:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HNRA5qtNQ

And here's a clip of the CBS Sports promo... the brakes are great! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP4agO0Tu3c

The car is VERY quick and extremely easy to drive. In fact, I can't properly articulate how easy the car is to drive fast and how much fun it is. It's not only easier to drive than a 458 Challenge car, it's also faster. Most people don't believe it can be both, but keep in mind this is much closer to a proper race car than the Challenge cars which are closer to the 458 street car. The ABS and Traction Control systems are designed only for racing -- not street software/systems trying to cope with racing tires and speeds. And while the Challenge cars are perfectly safe, in my opinion, the updated NASCAR style roll cage, halo seat and driver containment nets on both sides make it even safer.

Car is ready to rock. In fact, I might run it at the Pirelli World Challenge races at Laguna Seca at the end of the year if it doesn't find a new home. :)

Price is $250k USD for everything. Please contact me at [email protected] or PM me here on FerrariChat if you have any questions

If you ask teams or other drivers about me, you'll find that I'm a standup guy and not out to give anybody a bum deal on a car or make a buck by selling my old stuff. It's a very small community and I'm moving forward with my GTE racing in Europe so don't need the GT3 car anymore (if I had a cool place to store it on display at home or work I would keep it!).

Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Great car, good luck with the sale

3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very cool :) GLWS

4. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    For all who dont know, only 107 where built in total, so a verry rare pice.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    GLWS!

Man, what a nice car......:D

6. floridadoorman

floridadoorman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Alex
  7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    what a specimen

8. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    The onboard from Laguna is unreal. Those are some seriously hot laps. If only the car came with your talent!

9. Mike Hedlund

Mike Hedlund Karting

May 30, 2012
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hedlund
    Hah, thanks! I've put a lot of work into my driving the last few years but it's mostly the car. I think I (or a real Pro coach) could get anyone within 1 second of my lap times with some coaching and practice (and not over years, more like a couple months). The car is really easy to drive at 99%. It's that last little bit that's really tough no matter what you drive.

-mike

10. Benternet

Benternet Formula Junior

May 4, 2014
    TN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    beautiful specimen.. Good luck with whatever comes next!

11. forhamilton

forhamilton Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Killer race car. GLWS

12. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    How is the feedback?

13. 19055

19055 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Emile
    You are a (too) modest man Mike !! As a fanatic amateur racer (though in a lot less extreme cars: Alfa Romeo 105 series) I enjoy those onboard action a lot !! Of course the car is a superb driving machine, but specificly in racing it takes two to tango and you are quite a dancer, so to speak !

If I didn't misplace my 250K spending money envelope (where the h*ll is it...) you'd have a PM in your mailbox..

14. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Ah, Mike, if only I were 45 again...........what a temptation!

Good luck with sale and your new racing.

15. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Rookie

Nov 4, 2014
    Mike;
    Have you sold the car yet? I sold my challenge car last year and wanting to do something different. Let me know the status and if you still have it lets visit and see if your car will work for me? Thank you,Michael

PS If you want to send a contact number I can give you a call. I will be on the west coast this Sunday until Thursday.

16. Mike Hedlund

Mike Hedlund Karting

May 30, 2012
    Woodside, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hedlund
    Car is still available. I'm actually in Belgium for the ELMS and fly straight from here to Atlanta for next weeks IMSA weekend. However, if you want to check it out in person I can coordinate with my shop, just let me know. Email is a little quicker for me to respond to while out of town, if you need a quicker reply. Cheers!

-mike

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You buy it, I will drive.....you entertain the babes, while I am on track!

Win Win!

18. Stevecarguy

Stevecarguy Rookie

Jun 25, 2016
    Illinois
    Found myself squirming in my chair and matching the shifts with my imagined paddle shifters!!

19. Chris458F1

Chris458F1 Rookie

Jan 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Falanga
    still available??