Tdf aperta is coming..... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tdf aperta is coming.....

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by johns930, Dec 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Agreed but the opportunity to piss off 10 F60 owners and at least 3 or 4 SP car owners, two cars currently in build.

I think not, but.......

2. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    If F12M is the last NA generation, then the TDF Aperta will be the ultimate modern GT Ferrari no doubt!

3. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Is there any public information about the completed F12 cabrio SP vehicles?

4. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Depends what you refer to as the F12M. The next 12 cylinder Ferrari will have a NA V12 of 6,5 litres.

As to an Aperta, my understanding is that no decision has yet been made and how you explain to 10 F60 owners who spent a HUGE amount of money that their topless F12 is no longer quite as exclusive, and that it can be bought at a fraction of the price may pose a problem

5. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thank you Peter. Add in the SP owners and the fact that any production run would offer a more usable roof solution and to me the case is closed on the F12 Aperta. The 'M' is a different issue.

6. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    Hi Tim, I understand the problem now, but can you please explain more why the "M" is a different issue?

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    To answer that I think we all need to wait for the launch.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #33 of2worlds, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just like for the Sergio buyers the money is in the unique bodywork and engineering to make a stronger structure for the open body in the case of the F60. The F60 has all new body work by Pininfarina and the arrival of another open model doesn't reduce it's intrinsic value.
    The P540 superfast aperta also preceded the 599 SA aperta in the same way that the F60 would precede future open versions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The tdf aperta might be similar to the f60 but the market will always value the f60 much higher as proved by the value of other models that are just a little different but much rarer and hence cost much more.

Plus ferrari has proven it doesnt care about pissing off their clients (should that happen). See laf and laf spider..

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You may be right.

I think there are several posters here who have proven to have pretty reliable information in the past.

For what its worth- when I've asked this question, the response I've gotten from different people in the Ferrari sphere is: thats the F60 America.... It leads me to believe what ChalStrad and Traveller are saying, but I've learned we have to keep an open mind and wait and see. I agree, logically, they would have more cover to do the Aperta on the "M" model. However, I also understand they are pushing harder than ever to get money logged in for FY2016...

11. x599

x599 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2010
    I'm really enjoying reading this discussion.

12. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Where there is a will, there will always be a way........ ;)

13. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord

By offering them the first cars....

14. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Touché! I think you might be on to something with that idea. But it seems a bit duplicative- how about offering a choice of first cars or LF-spyder.....???

15. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That wouldn't work for me if I owned an F60. Also, look at the timing-we are only just getting started with tdf deliveries, no Lusso deliveries, no LF Spyder deliveries, F12M will be up shortly and now you want to plug in an Aperta?

All my contacts have denied it, not that it necessarily means anything, but virulently so. How would you feel if you had just put down €4m for an SP Aperta, and now the factory rolls out a production car. I just can't see it, I can definitely see it with the M, the logis is overwhelming.

16. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    #41 dry4re, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    does anyone know what color gold this is?

17. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
  18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont understand why an Aperta is impossible if based on a TDF but possible if based on an F12M. Logisticly wise, im sure they can find a way.TDF have been in production since last November. But the argument of the SP Aperta owner however has no logic because the F12M will not be THAT different that the SP Aperta/F60 owners wont be offended/pissed (If they will at all).

19. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Based on info on here F12M will enter production after TDF production complete, so end 16 early 17. There are the anniversary 70 cars extra TDF (another thread) so no space for anything else. The next Aperta is more likely to be higher volumes compared to 599, so i would suggest in 2019 as the run out of the F12M before a new platform car in 2020. But... Ferrari are small enough to change their mind and react to the market, and as with many businesses, will be investigating different options all the time, not all of which get through to the market. They are excellent at keeping everyone guessing, and full credit to them for that.

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Well, wait and see then. Montpelier has best explained, but to add, the M will most likely be sufficiently different to the F12M as the Lusso is to the FF, hence an Aperta based on the M should also be sufficiently different so as to leave space between the SP cars and F60. I also pointed out the demand on the V12 line at present.

21. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    That is fascinating!

22. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I just realize how the shoulders look like the F12 shoulders, and how the diffusor looks like the GTO diffusor.

I knew that car since a long time but didn't notice those two things. That car looks like a prototype for 3 upcoming V12 ferraris : Aperta, GTO, F12

24. TheL

TheL Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    EU
    Does anyone has any information about?