Help with 2010 Roof! | FerrariChat

Help with 2010 Roof!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by zarama, Nov 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zarama

zarama Rookie

Feb 3, 2009
    So have had the car for almost a year with no real problems other than putting in a new batter and yesterday I had an issue with the roof. When closing it was a few inches from closing when it dropped down with a slam as the top panel meets up with to top of the windscreen. The rest of the cycle completed and there was now roof error codes on the display. The good news is the roof is fully closed and the car is drivable. I looked around on the forum and read all the info on the problems. First of all the battery is new and very strong, the tender is always used and the car was running when I closed the roof. I looked in the rear access panel at the pump and did NOT find any fluid in there at all.

I live in Naples, FL and there is no dealer here. I called the closest deal, Fort Lauderdale, and explained the problem and asked them to look into service campaign 378 for the hydraulic pump. They told me it was already done back in 2013 before I had bought the car. The service adviser told me it sounded like on of the "sliders" had broken on one of the sides.

Has anyone heard of this issue of the "sliders"? Unfortunately they are very busy now and can't see the car for another 2-3 weeks and they said they would need the car there 3-5 days for the repair.

If this is not the service campaign 378 and an going to have to pay for the repair anyways can this be done at a indy Ferrari shop?

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Seems like you should try Ferrari of Tampa or Miami dealers ( the Collection, Prestige etc). All are farther away but will see sooner. Of course, transport is transport as opposed to driving it....

GL

3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    You may want to take a close look at the roof panels to be sure they haven't been dented.
    This has happened to several Cali owners. If it has happened and the paint is intact then the dents can be removed or pushed out.

If you open the trunk you can look at the hydraulics ,See if there is any fluid which has leaked out

4. zarama

zarama Rookie

Feb 3, 2009
    Yes I checked over the roof and everything is fine. I also looked in the trunk and there is no fluid around that has leaked.

5. carmelostarks

carmelostarks Rookie

Jul 9, 2015
    I'm going through it right now heard a pop on one side when i closed the roof and it was a slider issue happened to me in Miami smh

6. yangstein

yangstein Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Tampa is far although it is on the West Coast. Ferrari Ft. Lauderdale (I know because I live in Weston) isn't very friendly in terms of service. Duration, cost and overall experience I had was not impressive.

Like Scott mentioned, take a nice ride on Aligator alley, drive down on 95 to go to collection is what I would do.

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    People, any sudden movement or a popping noise during the roof operation process is potentially dangerous for the mechanism. I would leave the roof where it is and not operate it until after the dealer checks it over.

Good luck.

8. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    How did this resolve?