Goodbye, ILLinois | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Goodbye, ILLinois

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, Apr 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Here is another dance interlude while you are trying to blow smoke where the sun don't shine...Best wishes thought who doesn't have time....

https://youtu.be/Am1z2_BW_kc

2. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    It isn't that I am not interested in the thread...but most are not much of interest to take the time to follow....Sorry, but feel so many have other things to do in their lives to be following asleep with any replies many times........

3. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
  4. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
  5. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
  6. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Please, I do not mean there are no answers to all of anythings I may post...Just asking really for everyone to think just a little bit concerning life and what is out there...be it a car subject or day to day things....Do feel I am more correct with my thoughts or I wouldn't post much...do appreciate our monitor who has been more tolerant with me than many may have been. Really do have to stand back more recently to see the entire picture....not really very beautiful in my opinion.....in many respects......

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I can't help but have to admit to being a little bit confused by these posts above.
    How are they related to the thread exactly?

8. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    May be I am the only one who understands it which is fine with me....Never expected much from the masses to be understanding any of it...Oh by the way, I just heard that Lincoln was just shot....

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Thanks, all is clear now...

Fiat2Ferrari likes this.
  10. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    What a beautiful way to end a conversation....I remember these guys who drove down to Mexico City separately with us back when for Spring break...The ladies said $5 and they said they would only do it for love. They said only for love but the room was $5. One faked an appendices attack to get out of the place....Same Sh_t different day....now???

Best, history does repeat itself in my opinion....

11. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    The Time Machine?
    if so.... LOVE IT!
    use it frequently!

12. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Finally sold the home here in Illinois. Leaving Tuesday or Wednesday this week for good. It has been an effort, but with no regrets.

My best to everyone.

Norbert

jjmalez likes this.
  13. Fiat2Ferrari

Fiat2Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    Chicago
    Interesting thread.

Many friends of ours (okay a few) have either left by now or are in the process of leaving. My own boss has offered to let me relocate should I want to go.

I could easily live in Austin or San Antonio (as the OP has gone there, I recall.) Driving my car year round would be a hoot. I could even sell my snowblower.

Between cost of living and supporting politics I don't fully agree with, I wouldn't mind making a move as well. Still, this place is special.

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Interesting bump of an old thread. 3 weeks ago I got a message from a lady that used to work for me out of our Northbrook, IL office. She said "I'm moving to Texas and am going to call you to have lunch!" She went on to say that she's fed up with the taxes and politics in IL and she bought a place on 2 acres about 40 miles outside of Ft. Worth. She's moving. No job, no prospects, just done with IL. I was a little shocked, she's a pretty level-headed person. Not the kind I'd ever expect to just pack up and go without any other plans.

15. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    The fellow next to us in NC is a Porsche guy now, but he won one of the coveted Copa GT awards at the Indianapolis FCA meet. The guy across the street has a Porsche Cayenne Turbo and trades ever three years. The guy next to him has a 2011 C6 Corvette and a motorcycle. ( I have to have my new condition 1978 750 up and running.) The car lift is up and has the 308 on it. The Vette will fit under it. The third car garage is for storage now.) The guy down the street has '36 Ford Victoria fully restored. There is a car club and a bike club at the place. I already have plans to have many of my musician friends perform at the club, and NASCAR is just 15 miles or so East of us at the Charlotte Track. Everyone living in IL knows why the state isn't doing well. What company would want to relocate here? As the old saying goes, ".......... (fill in the blank yourself) is great until you run out of other people's money."

Carol needs to be out of a two story home. If we needed to move to a one story home, we may as well move out of state also. Have only one daughter. She is still here now until school is out for the sake of the oldest daughter not being taken out of school her senior year. Her prom is tonight. My son-in-law is a third level up VP with his company. He has been living back East the last year with muli-state responsibilities plus commuting on the weekends. If anyone would like a 5,500 sq ft, 5 bedroom with a large 4 car attached garage on almost two acres right on Telegraph Rd. in Bannockburn, IL please let me know before it is listed.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I feel as many do that there is so much of a brighter day to day future in other states.

I am going to miss my many car friends of many years. All are invited to spend a few days with us anytime.

Again, best always,

Norbert

16. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    #316 norbert, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    I should sign off from the Chicago forum with a song of course, forgive me..... (Also please click on one of the finest stride piano performance with Stephanie Trick and her husband you will every view if it is still presented at the end of this video below.)

17. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel

I have friends of many years all over the US, Europe, Hong Kong now also...I would have moved to Austin area if it wasn't for Carol's wishes. I would have been to Frankin's Barbecue every week for sure....I am blessed with so many friends of many years from many areas...We are moving where we had no previous friends...Now we have blessed friends over night. Such a blessing plus all who will visit us....Plus all the musicians we know who will be stopping by...

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    JohnTz, Streetsurfer and absostone like this.
  20. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Bye the way, replying to the thread with music as I have done on so many posts...love you guys all.....

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    "Future voters"?
    They vote already and not just once.....

22. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
  23. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
  24. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Illinois needs an enema

25. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Or an additional 1% property tax to shore up the states pension debacle?

The initial paper on the idea by three Chicago Federal Reserve Bank economists proposes a charge of one percent of home value per year, across the state. That means if your home cost $100,000, the homeowner would pay $1000 in property taxes for Illinois' underfunded pensions - $200,000 home would be taxed $2000!

The express thinking behind the proposal is to seize property value because it can’t flee the state. “Current homeowners would not be able to avoid the new tax by selling their homes and moving because home prices should reflect the new tax burden quickly,” the authors wrote.

And our governor Pritzer is still considering it!

https://www.wirepoints.com/that-crazy-statewide-property-tax-for-pensions-idea-is-alive-quicktake/?fbclid=IwAR34Itf52SGH6OEJi6moFVkRKB7d7K0SfQc_eMvgypR2X0qugZm11G9ufow

And even if this did pass, do you really believe the Pols in Illinois would use the revenue as intended? You know, like the proceeds from the Lottery going towards education?

Pfft!