Taking my 458 to Ibiza for the summer | FerrariChat

Taking my 458 to Ibiza for the summer

Discussion in 'Spain' started by AWSOM50, Apr 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AWSOM50

AWSOM50 Rookie

Mar 29, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I am going to be staying in Ibiza for the summer season (May - Oct). I want to take my 2014 458 Spider with me from the UK and I'm trying to figure out if this is a good idea or not.

Questions if anyone can help please:

- What would I do if I had a fault with the car? Would this mean getting it taken to mainland Spain? Or is there somewhere in Ibiza itself that could help with this without voiding the warranty?

- I have the 7 year service plan with it and it's due a service in July. I spoke to the UK service department and they said I could get it done in Spain. To my research there is no such place in Ibiza itself, so I am thinking it would have to go on a boat to Barcelona or Valencia for the service, is that correct or am I missing a trick? (I can't get it serviced in the UK now as they have a 6 week lead time.)

Many thanks

2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    As far as I know, the nearest official dealer it's in Valencia (5 hours by boat). I don't know how things work at Ferrari UK but in Spain you can repair your car at any workshop without voiding the warranty as long as they do the work as the manufacturer specifies.

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I would be careful about paw prints. I've heard that there are lots of loose kittys on Ibiza.

4. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I saw a goat going from car to car to eat leaves off of trees. He hopped from hood to roof, and I can only imagine the paw prints he left.

We parked out in the open after that.

5. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    well for sure don't send us any pictures .............. have fun.

6. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Plus it's a ferrari what could go wrong.

7. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    After some of the parties in Ibiza, I'm glad I didn't bring my Ferrari. I did see some others though. In addition McLarens, Porsches, even a 918

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk