Luxury waterfront property in Oakville ! | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Luxury waterfront property in Oakville !

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Sep 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    '89 at Huron in Poli sci, I transferred to Laurier for economics after that.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Binbrook looks enticing. Just over 700k gets you 2 achers and a 4k sqft home with a huge triple car offset garage. It needs a bit of updating however it's a growing community. It would be about 45 minute drive to work in the summer months but I can see 2hrs in the winter with traffic and snow.

3. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Don't do it.

The drive will kill you. Even if it were 400k, don't do it. By something that you want, really close to work and you won't regret it. Stretch yourself and make it work. Your gains will be larger ( tax free) and your life will be better.

4. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    #204 URAS, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well the house that was for sale at 525k on our street sold for 615k. Smaller home, smaller property and had houses over looking the back yard. I'm having the selling agent come by next week for a chat.

7. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    My buddy bulldozed a 540K. on Henderson street which is at Appleby and new. Not a spectacular house by any means. Good lot. He put up a million four place. Not bad but to me, there is still lots of room down there to get in. .

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  9. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    New private listing, water front in Oakville, 65 million. In Canadian funds of course.

10. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Recently met with an RE agent to list a condo. MPAC assessment is about 15% higher than true value it seems. Also, only 25% of the condo's in the building have sold this year vs. listed.

Think Townhomes and semi's are going to be the big movers due to affordability.

11. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I wonder if that's Christine Mcgee (Sleep Country)'s place. She had one of the largest in Oakville for awhile.

12. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    If in Richmond hill, Markham they are already 700k for nice ones. With 10-20% down , that still leaves 575+ on mortgage , which is $2,500+ a month. This pricing is pushing affordability only into the condo sector for the sub 600 mark unless people continue to move further north, east and west.

Oakville / Burlington is still a tad undervalued when looking at comps and represent good value for the first time buyer over 416 area.

The issue is anything between the 404 - 400 ( 905 area code north of the city ) is growing in price much more rapidly than 416 for semi and detached homes.

Will be interesting if and when the needle comes off the record what will happen.

13. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    #213 Skyler, Jul 7, 2016
    According to which RE agent you believe, a few factors to consider why the music won't stop anytime soon:
    - Lack of land, difficult permit process, fewer homes on the market leading to tight supply.
    - Low interest rates, increasing population via. immigration leading to high demand.

I'm a bit shocked at the price on this one. $3M and it resembles a condo on the inside. Interestingly enough it was "Previously sold for: $1,192,000, in 2014, prior to being completely demolished and rebuilt"
    $3 million for a modern Leaside new-build with lots of skylights

Thoughts?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    My thoughts are - nothing surprises me. Too many factors can affect this market ,another major terrorist attack ( I mean major , not a night club shooting ) , if trump wins the election ?etc ....

It's evident the government is powerless, they can't touch interest rates now because they gave away the farm already, and they need that tax revenue from land transfer taxes, hst, building products, manufacturing of materials etc .....

I don't think the needle will fall off the record anytime soon for the RE market for Vancouver or Toronto but then again, a downturn in the economy with slower than expected growth means wages will not be able to keep up with this inflation indefinitely. It's a catch 22, because we haven't been in this position before , it's anyone's guess. This is much different than 1989.

15. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

My friend builds sub divisions.
    Can't keep up. Builders poaching each other's labourers. Not enough workers to meet demand. Prices keep going up. No supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. 412monzaindy

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    No, Powell residence is the largest at 40,000 sqft

17. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    The currency has already lost 25% of it's value against the US dollar in under 15months. Canada economy has always been 3rd tier and those 'realities' will hit home. Unemployment is now 40% higher than in US. It wasn't too long ago when all the Canadians were praising how frugal and robust their own economy is and cheapskates planned shopping vacations at outlet malls stateside due to the exchange rate.

Most of the 'homes' being built are just ****ty wooden stick barracks fabricated together by low quality hack builders. You basically have a pyramid scheme ongoing with housing in Canada. Canada entire 'economy' is centered on the FIRE(financial insurance realestate) and raw materials(collapsing as we speak).

I would not be surprised if the loonie hits 40cents USD on this downleg.

18. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    $3 million for communist inspired architecture. Yep Canada.

19. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #219 I.T. Guy, Jul 8, 2016
  20. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Yes, the stucco over Styrofoam and faux corner stones with lots of useless curly-cues and parapets is so much better architecture. Not.

21. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Take it easy .....

22. 412monzaindy

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    Does this neighbour's know you are takings pictures of thier home for everyone to see?

23. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

Nope
    Edit: but you can guess east or west ;)

24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    east side

but Ballymena is way more stylish than the 'icebox'

25. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason

50/50 it's west
    And mods if my pic is out of line you can take it down, but IMHO the only private thing in that pic is my wife and I'm ok with that.