Recommended emissions testing station? | FerrariChat

Recommended emissions testing station?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tunlhd1, Jul 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tunlhd1

tunlhd1 Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago IL area
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I need to have my 458 go through emissions testing in order to renew my license plate. Any recommendations for an emissions testing station in the Northern/Northwest suburbs?

LFSC recommended one in Waukegan when I needed to have my F430 tested several years ago but they entered the wrong mileage (added an extra zero) and it caused a big hassle to correct the Carfax when I traded in the car

Thanks.

2. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    It's been a few years, but the station in Buffalo Grove/Lincolnshire just north of Aptocisik(sp) was always good.

3. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I like the one in Skokie just off of Howard tucked away in an industral park. I used to take the 365 there until it became exempt.instill take my daily drives there. I've never had a line there when I've been able to arrange my life to go around 10:30 during the week.

4. OC3

OC3 Rookie

Apr 5, 2016
    Wheaton
    Full Name:
    James
    Ive taken mine to the one in Lombard just east of 355. They generally are pretty quick too. Dont know if thats out of your way or not

5. BentleyC

BentleyC Karting

Jul 11, 2016
    SW FL
    When I lived in Chicago, this is the one I used. Never had a problem. Always quick and efficient.

6. pacent

pacent Rookie

Jun 8, 2008
    I was at the Skokie one last week with my daily driver, and was in and out in 5 minutes. You can check the queue times here:

Queue Cameras

7. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I've used this one also, and no issues with them.

8. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I wown several cars. Always use this one. No issues since they have gotten read of the Dyno testing.

9. tunlhd1

tunlhd1 Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago IL area
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the input. I went to the Lincolnshire testing station and it was an easy process with only a few minutes wait time.

10. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Just curious... how did you correct the carfax? The emissions place did the same to me, went from 11,000 miles to 110,000?! I haven't tried to fix it, as I assume anyone with a scintilla of intelligence will see its an error...

11. tunlhd1

tunlhd1 Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago IL area
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I filled out a form on the Carfax website and attached a copy of a recent service work order showing the mileage of my car.