Boxer Lift Points | FerrariChat

Boxer Lift Points

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Frank R. Masiarz, Jul 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank R. Masiarz

Nov 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Frank R. Masiarz
    Hi.......

Been a long time away from FerrariChat !!

Just completed a seven-year comprehensive restoration of my 512BB. Notice fuel leak under car...loose clamp ??

Best method to lift car with floor jack and support it with jack stands ?? Locations for the jack ?? Locations for the stands ?? Need to lift the rear end now, but would appreciate ideas for lifting the front end too. Have a "low profile" jack.

Any pictures of your Boxer on jack stands would be helpful too. Thank you !!

Frank..........23005

2. Frank R. Masiarz

Nov 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Frank R. Masiarz
  3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#3 dwhite, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Under the car near the rear of the door opening is the jack point. It will raise the whole side and you can put jack stands under the car on the chassis. Then move to the other side. Car is very light in this photo; floating. Not sure why this happens.

I just did this with my car. Very easy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Frank R. Masiarz

Nov 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Frank R. Masiarz
    Hi........

Found the inverted U-shaped channel in line with the center of the NACA duct at rocker panel level aft of the rear edge of the door.. Placed a 1.5-inch wide block of wood in it...tall enough to clear the depth of the channel and the rocker panel edge. One can use a floor jack to lift one side of the rear of the car without crushing the channel or damaging the rocker panel. Then I placed a jack stand on the frame section between the rear lower A-arm attachment points.....with a wooden block or hockey puck between the frame rail and the stand to avoid gouges. Repeat on the other side.

With this strategy, one has clear visual access to stuff at the front of the engine...oil filters, fuel pumps, fuel filter, gas tanks, oil tank and ignition module...sort of. Only ideal if the car is quite high off of the ground......a dangerous situation if too high without similar support at the front of the frame as well. In other words.....level at all four corners.

Front of the car remained on the ground during this procedure. Afraid to lift it high enough to "tip" the entire car over to one side. BTW, engine is in the bay.....full weight there on my Boxer.

Have fun !!

Frank...........