New Ford GT | Page 31 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just for the record at this very moment, there are 32 Ford GTs listed on Hemmings. The average value cited by Hagerty is $263,500. Will be interesting to see how these stats might change over time.

2. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Hi guys I got my allocation letter last night at 10pm. I am in. Already filled out the next form, had it notarized and sent that back as well today.
    I am keeping my 06 Ford GT for sure. That car is indestructible!
    Also this in no way lessens my love for the Ferrari. I am big enough to have more than enough love to go around!
    Christmas in July!! Love it!!

3. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Congratulations! You grabbed a unicorn! Enjoy and look forward to hearing more about it as deliveries land.

4. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I recently moved to VA and hoped you would get one so I could get a chance to see it. Would have been great to have a local guy with the new GT spaceship.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    congrats!

can you give any details of the form that had to be notarized?

6. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    an affidavit with a lot of legal clauses.

7. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
  8. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    #758 dbk, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Ok:

I don't want to junk up the 488 section talking about the Ford GT, so I'll just bring these in to recap:

To date, from posts on Ford GT Forum in the last 24 hours, I've counted 62 Ford GT owners who posted saying they were granted a car. Many of them posted videos online. Would you like links? I was never good at math, but would you say "many people" is more or less than "exactly zero?"

Again, over 60 people in just 24 hours have posted they've been granted a car. Many more who have not yet posted have contacted me to tell they have been granted a car. None of them are "ford's biggest parts suppliers," "some of the wealthy and celebrity types" or "big Ford stockholders."

Please read one response above this quote. Just taking a cursory look through many of these owners so far, of those I know personally, at least 40 of them are original owners. Many of them have mileages over 30k, 40k, 50k, and even a few over 75k and 100k. Several of them are members here.

So what is your assessment? Do you think Ford invited these customers to purchase this car because they will not drive them? Do you think they surmise these people who have owned a car for 10-12 years and appear to have no desire to ever sell it are likely to have an effect on resale when they...never sell it?

Or do you think Ford was serious that they wanted loyal customers who would love the car, be uninterested in flipping it for fleeting financial profit, and actually drive the car?

I look forward to the tortured rationalizations to come. Or not.

9. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    My friend got the good news and is getting one. His old Ford GT has 27K miles on it. The video he sent in was part humorous and part serious. Professional filmed and edited.

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Who's getting blue with white stripes!? :D

11. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I was also accepted! Very excited.
    I think making a video certainly helped....and having a lot of miles on the Ford cars you own.

Brian

12. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    I was also accepted. I'm beyond thrilled!

Thank you VERY much to everyone at Ford.

13. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    congrats!

Brian do you have an 05/06 GT? If not do you think owning the Superformance GT40 helped?

14. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Congrats!!

15. usmcfred

usmcfred Rookie

Jul 28, 2009
    Dover, MA
    Full Name:
    Fred Hammerle
    #765 usmcfred, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    DBK, TOUCHE!!

I have been laying in the weeds following your 8 month war of words with TheMayor. You have verbally undressed his lack of understanding Ford's objectives so many times I've lost count.

I'm now waiting for his (undoubtedly foolish) response to your latest ... part of which is quoted above.

Congrats and thanks for exposing a bloviator.

BTW, I love Ferrari's too having owned a '74 Dino 246 GTS euro version for over 20 years and counting. I was also fortunate enough to get an allocation for a new Ford GT and couldn't be happier about it! And I didn't post a video ... just a few pics of some of my iconic Fords, all registered and driven. '56 T-Bird, '72 Pantera Pre-L, '66 ERA Cobra 427 S/C replica and '06 Ford GT.

usmcfred

16. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    I'm sure I'm missing something!

Congrats on your allocation Fred!

17. COBRA MAN OF UTAH

BANNED

Jul 1, 2011
    South Jordan, UT
    #767 COBRA MAN OF UTAH, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    No process is ever perfect. Glad to here real ford GT guys have gotten some cars but I'm jus curious how the person who publically advertised the first la Ferrari for 5million a well known DEALER Then when Ferrari offered to buy the car to get it to be pulled off line was basically given the finger and told. I have title and possession do something. There will never be a justification how he is what ford was looking for Yet he qualifies Those that have the means there will be a car for sale. Probably for 2million in Naples watch probably be the first on eBay too

This enthusiast Also jus recently acquired another la Ferrari not to keep once again is a dealer And it's going to auction.

18. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Shmee got one :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDjp8U5c5Nk[/ame]

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guess they really wanted the social media presence and/or current ownership. Kinda sucks to hear this guy didn't get one, but Schmee did.

20. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Ouch! If I was that guy I'd be pretty upset with Ford. How many Ford's does Schmee own or has owned? Loyal ford customer? To give a car to somebody with a few hundred thousand youtube followers versus a guy with that buyer history within Ford is rough. Clearly they wanted the free promotion Shmee will provide but they also did it at the expense of potentially alienating some longtime Ford owners.

I owned one Ford in my life. I can't be too annoyed with Ford for not picking somebody like me. Since I'm not getting the GT it looks like my history will remain owning one Ford :)

21. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
  22. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    why is he undeserving?

23. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    I think he is saying that shmee is not a long time loyal ford customer like many others who have purchased a dozen or several Fords over the years including GT's and other performance high dollar vehicles from them.

Would you think he was deserving of a LaFerrari Spider since he owns a Ferrari FF? I think that is what he means

24. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    dbk can correct me if he wants, but here's how I see this:

for the past 12-15 years Ford has hitched its performance programs to its heritage...05/06 GT and all the Mustangs.

now, they're trying to hitch their performance wagon to the future...EcoBoost, GRC, Focus RS, etc. so they need some young guys to "represent" the brand as young, hip, tech driven, efficient and not just relying on their (excellent) heritage that only guys over 60 know or care about. Guys like Shmee, the Drag Times guy, Andy Frisella etc are in this camp.

I think Ford has done a good job of mixing allocations between these two camps.

25. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    You are correct they have tried to mix up as best as they could here.

However, I think depending who you ask you may get a different answer whether they did a good job of mixing allocations. The guys who have a dozen or more performance Ford's including one or more GT's that didn't get one might say not such a good job allocating. Of course at least 500 more cars are coming so it is really too early to say. Maybe alot of those guys passed over this round will get one.

Also maybe they will make a convertible and another 1000? Maybe a special Carbon series with another 100 or 200? We all know how the game works :) Does Ford have what it takes to turn down another 500M to 1B in easy revenue?