Vintage = 1969 & Earlier | FerrariChat

Vintage = 1969 & Earlier

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by El Wayne, Mar 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    There have been a lot of non-vintage threads started in this section lately. This is just a reminder that this area is for the discussion of pre-1969 cars by specific model or chassis number. I've let some threads slide (such as the threads on s/n 18139 and 02678) due to the historical significance of the cars but, come on guys, 288 GTO Evos, F40LMs and F50s? I think these are pushing the envelope just a little too far. Besides, you'll get a far greater response by posting these in the "General Ferrari Discussion" area where it will draw the attention of owners and enthusiasts of these cars.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    don't make wayne get on a plane, come out to wherever you are, and beat you with con rod.

doody.

3. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    Ok, you're right, but most of the guys replying in the vintage thread are interested in 'specials', like me, in their history and competition.
    So, let us put those other cars maybe in general 'serial' n°'s or something....
    or in vintage but after 1970.....until the 512BB LM

my opinion for some other threads : for example 'racing' on Ferrarichat site
    OH, OH.....Not really Ferrari related TOO, sorry....

Renault : best looking car......
    Bob Varsha......
    IRL cars.........
    Pantano..........
    Grand am...........

if the 512BB LM and 312PB and Daytona competitzione are in general thread, I think we will have to look in the archive after 2 or 3 days for finding their thread back.

Just my opinion, hope to not make you angry Wayne,and hope you understand me a little bit.

greetings, vincent

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm considering a "Classic" section to take some of the load off GFD. Until then please follow the informal rules as they are. Only 1969 & earlier models here. Thanks.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Does that mean the Dino 246 GT/S belongs here, or not? 1st yr='69, but, last year ='74

Euro spec only, as US version came later, or what.

Inquiring minds need to know.

Thanks.

6. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    Thanks Rob for your quick answer.

greetings, vincent

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Vince, now you've done it! Say hello to my little friend...

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    there's something about that that's just WRONG wayne ;)

doody.

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I think the 206/246 road cars as well as the Daytona are just fine here, as both were developed prior to the cut-off year of 1969.

10. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    What about a "S/N & Specific" section outside "Vintage"? Meanwhile, which is the right section for an Enzo S/N thread?

11. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    So far, that would be the General Ferrari Discussion section. Believe me, there are plenty of Enzo enthusiasts that will see and respond to an Enzo thread there.

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    As I have posted before, I too believe we need a "Classic Ferrari" section and that we use the criterior used by Ferrari for Classic spare parts at www.owners.ferrari.com which would include the 308, 328, 288, Mondial, 365GT4 2+2, 400, 412, 246, 208, 365GT4BB, BB512 and BB512i. Rob, what say you ?

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's if Herr Mark doesn't move your NNO serial number thread to the collectibles section merely because it has 1:64 NNOs in it and, even after soliciting Herr Rob for a reversal of said move, nothing happens... :)

It's a jungle out there...