Kimi To Wed | FerrariChat

Kimi To Wed

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Aug 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Kimi Raikkonen has confirmed reports that he is set to marry his partner Minttu during the forthcoming F1 summer break.

The Finn would not, however, confirm the date, nor give away the precise location for the ceremony.

"In Italy," Raikkonen told Sonntagsblick. Asked if it will be Venice, he repeated: "In Italy." Close to Maranello? "In Italy," the Ferrari driver added.

Raikkonen was more prepared to talk about a controversy involving himself and Max Verstappen, F1's 18-year-old sensation.

They had a clash of the generations in Hungary last weekend, with Raikkonen and most of his colleagues criticising the Red Bull driver's defending tactics.

"Actually it has nothing to do with Max," Raikkonen told the Swiss newspaper.

"We have rules, and they should be followed, that's all," he said. "But in ten races we have ten different interpretations. But in formula one we often have these stupid discussions."

Asked if the yellow flag saga involving Nico Rosberg is another example, Raikkonen answered: "Exactly. Now we think you can go to pole like that, but the rule book says something else.

"These things confuse the drivers and the media," said the Ferrari driver.

Yet another example, he said, was Sergio Perez not being allowed to be told about failing brakes in Austria.

"Then he hit the wall," said Kimi, "so what does that have to do with safety? I think if you have normal sense, a lot of things in formula one do not make sense to you."

Finally, the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat asked Raikkonen if - notwithstanding their Budapest clash - he thinks Verstappen is one of F1's most exceptional young talents.

"He is good," he agreed, "no one can deny that. But no one can know what the future will be for him.

"For sure he will be successful and will probably win the championship, but you can never know," Raikkonen added.

Asked if he might recommend to Ferrari that Verstappen should eventually succeed him," Kimi answered: "It's not my job to recommend anybody or decide anything.

"I'm here to drive, not to do anything else."

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They're marrying on the 4th of august I think.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This thread is useless with out pics ;) :D
    Pete

4. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    #4 ///Mike, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #5 Ferrari 308 GTB, Aug 1, 2016
    I know Kimi likes a drink or two but shurley shome mishtake?

Ooopss too slow..been watching Nicole too much.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #6 Sfumato, Aug 1, 2016
  7. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Question: Who's the black dude in the pic above? I always see him in the background when the commentators are talking. If he's just a fan, dude gets around!
    Always wondered...

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    His name is Moko or something, I remember reading about him a few years back. Not a clue what he does but big F1 fan. I think it was for Kimi's first time at Ferrari (or start at Sauber, can't remember) he made him some bracelet made out of wood, and Kimi still has it/wears it.

9. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    What guy? ;)

https://f1socialdiary.com/2013/03/23/meet-moko/

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/24/sports/autoracing/24iht-SRF1FANS24.html?_r=0

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I have to say, when i look at Kimi today, vs say in 2007/2008...he really looks aged..

11. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Wow, nice pull guys... thanks for that info.
    Since you were able to answer that one, another tangent for a minute...
    For 20 points: who's the blonde reporter who can often be seen around the media pen? I want to say she's part of the Sky network (not sure), but almost certainly not part of the English speaking broadcast since I've never seen her directly on screen with the UK team.
    I normally spot her in the background when one of the drivers is being interviewed... only noticed because she's quite un-ugly. Ha.
    Yeah, not much to go on, but figured I try to really offer an identity challenge. ;)

12. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Congratulations. I doubt the wedding will be alcohol free.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #13 Bas, Aug 2, 2016
  14. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Wow... uh, I mean, no that's not her (but can I just add 'wow' again?).

The woman that I'm thinking of doesn't appear to have any sort of olive complexion in the slightest; fairly light complexion and blonder hair. Also, I'm really not sure about her being on the Sky team. It was just a hunch based on the mic ID sleeve and what it appeared like in the distance.

15. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    You know what, upon further looking, this may very well be the same woman. On the tele she appears to be more blonde, but did an image search and I see some where she is indeed lighter.

16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  17. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    Hmmm.... after very careful review of the images of Federica (and I had to look at a LOT of them since I'm so, uhn, thorough ;) ) I'm not so sure this is the same women. For starters, most of images of Federica show her with darker hair than the gal I'm thinking of... she's more a uniform dirty-blonde color.
    Also, Federica appears to be a primary host (Sky IT?) and for the one that I'm talking about I've only seen standing around the media pen with a mic in her hand waiting for her turn to interview a driver... can't recall seeing her out in the paddock area with a "team".

Did some image searches of F1 media pen trying to find her in a shot, but no luck.

18. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Congrats Kimi :eek:

I hope he has an icecream wedding cake :eek:

19. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    For research purposes only:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsG-vMuY1Nk

20. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I can just picture the ceremony:

"Do you, Kimi Raikkonen, take Minttu Virtanen to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Ok."

Beautiful. Brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it? :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

21. Struppi

Struppi Rookie

Apr 1, 2010
    Germany
    #21 Struppi, Aug 4, 2016
    Possibly Anna Fleischhauer, RTL Germany?

22. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Fixed that for you.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fixed :D

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #24 Nembo1777, Aug 4, 2016
    Or Laurie Delhostal Canal Plus French TV seen here with Jacques Villeneuve and Franck Montagny?

She always said Mark Webber was her favorite so since he was already taken...she married a guy who is his spitting image LOL.

Many pretty girls try their luck at being F1 TV presenters as a career or also, in some cases, trying to nab a driver: Karen Minier (Mrs David Coulthard) Marion Jollies (now Mrs Grosjean) come to mind.

MS

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #25 Bas, Aug 4, 2016