Lamborghini crash? | FerrariChat

Lamborghini crash?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by ChicagoFerrari, Aug 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
  2. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hope for a quick recovery

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Thank heavens someone reached in and took the injured out of the car before it caught fire. That would have been truly horrible.

Someone in Chicago did a brave and good thing today.

4. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Wow.. I walked right by there minutes before that happened. Good work by the passerby for pulling the guy out, definitely saved a life that day. I can't imagine getting up enough speed there to lose it into a light pole though.

5. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Apparently from what else I saw, it doesn't look speed related, or his fault. A Lincoln turned and hit him which made him hit the pole.

6. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    The Lincoln looks barely touched. It took plenty of speed to rip that car in two, unless, perhaps, bought from Luxury motors.
    Hope the driver will be all right.

7. ChicagoFerrari

ChicagoFerrari Karting

Dec 19, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean
    You would think but take a look at this video of another Lambo crash that looks like pretty much the same scenario. The news piece mentions the car breaking is a "safety feature", and although the car in this video is speeding it's not the kind of speed you would expect to split a car, and the car that hit is barely barely damaged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPcR2h2QME

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you look at the video it looks like the Lambo driver was not at a fault at all. The Lincoln made a left turn in his path and swung him sideways into the pole. The car split in two as it's supposed to.

The report says the driver had minor injuries but only because some brave people pulled him out 30 seconds before it caught fire.

Good work Chicago!

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    No one noted the author:

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    lol that's great.

11. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross

12. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan

13. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I ain't buying it, breaking in two seems a piss poor way to accomplish this. Is the fuel spill(to a now exposed interior)supposed part of that intended break in two?

14. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I wonder if lambos have the same fuel safety shut off that the Ferrari s have

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #15 TheMayor, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Someone failed physics in high school.

What you want is the heaviest part of the car to be released separately to remove than energy from the impact of the crash while the occupants remain in the protective shell. If you leave the car intact ALL of the energy is transferred to the passengers. Energy in = energy out.

The car would to totalled one way or the other. The only question is what caused the fire. Perhaps there was some intrusion into the fuel tank or the hoses were still dripping with gas from the collision. That's a legitimate question but it probably has nothing to do with the car separating itself.

It's amazing to me that this person got out with very little injury. Who the ef cares about what happens to the car? Let it split into 20 pieces. It's just going to the junk yard anyway.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm sure they do as they all fall under the NTSB rules to be sold in America. Once power was cut off from the crash I'm sure the fuel pump wasn't running anymore. Most likely it was a fuel leak from somewhere from the side impact.

17. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    We agree on this.
    Someone will need to explain the rest to this flunkie.