Actual 612 value | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Actual 612 value

Discussion in '612/599' started by Makuono, Apr 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    And there were no manual in 2007... I wouldn't touch this...

2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    My thought as well, likely transmission replaced with the new engine. Big price for a salvage title car, which is never recoupable. Can get a no issues 09/10 OTO low miles car with F1 for about the same money or little more. So not sure who the buyer would be, yea I know an @ss for every seat but perhaps at a much lower price tag. Still doesn't seem like much of a value even at 100k IMO.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There were manual shifters in 2007 up until the time they switched to Motronic 7.3.2, and I am not sure exactly when that occurred. That SN should be right around the time they switched since it was 156938 for the 599. Could be one of the last three pedal 612s built in late Summer/Fall 2007.

4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    You would have to be nuts to pay $200k for a salvage title. Take a zero off and I would still have to think about it!

5. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    I posted about that one several times including the salvage sale it was purchased from. That car is known on this forum.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/612-599/340033-07-612-copart-stick-shift-flood-damage.html

6. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Hello Eric, I saw your post regarding the values of 612. I sold my 360 last year and am now looking at the 612. I would really appreciate any information that you might be willing to share regarding current values. Thanks for considering!

7. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Sure feel free to message me. I hadn't been on a while but just happened to look a little bit this month.

8. PinkyT

PinkyT Rookie

Sep 24, 2014
    Canada
    I've owned a 928 and have a 612. While they are different cars there's something the same about them - they are both true gentlemen tourers.

MRY and 4rextc like this.
  9. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    PinkyT, While I never owned a 928 I almost got a guards red 4S but it sold while still deciding. I think the similarity of the two is the classic curves to the design. Edgy cars don’t appeal much to me and from reviewing your present and past cars I would guess that you may have similar taste. :cool:

10. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    599_GTO, lee-o, MRY and 1 other person like this.
  11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hey! I know that car!

12. MRY

MRY Formula Junior

May 14, 2015
    Monterey Peninsula
    928 GT ‘s are pretty neat... I guess I’m a 928 guy, as I also have a 928 GTS 5 speed manual transmission hidden under a cover in the warehouse

They just devour miles on the freeway... a GT car, my OTO does the same thing as well as my DB9.

I think it’s a Grand Touring thing about the cars I enjoy....

Pretty grey 612 btw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonH likes this.
  13. Bdearmas3

Bdearmas3 Rookie

Sep 9, 2015
    Miami
    ok guys! Its 2019!

Lets talk about 612 current prices. My guess is:
    2005-2007: $70-$85k
    2007-2008: with HTS /HGTC around $85-$105k
    2008 non OTO with HGT2 around $120k
    2008 on OTO cars would go for 130 up to 170

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    seems like same story every year - FF and Lusso are amazing but depreciate with force. 612 and 456 get no love either. so prices are stable but and poultry levels. the fact that a 2009 612 OTO with low miles costs less than a new range rover is mind boggling to me. the fact a low mile 456 GTM costs less than 5 series is also mind boggling to me.

FerrariTexas and lee-o like this.
  15. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Exactly why I bought my 612 OTO instead of a Range Rover.

lee-o likes this.
  16. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I think your 2008 and later prices are high. Marshall Goldman (which is always at the upper end of asking prices) recently had a very nice 2010 with 10k miles on it. They were asking $155K. That tells me that all 612s are under $150K except manuals (actually probably $130K or less).

lee-o and technom3 like this.
  17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree, and same for manuals. The demographic that wants them is diminishing. If someone has a manual that they want to sell, do it ASAP because it won't be increasing in value.

RonH likes this.
  18. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    130 or less is right as the maximum price. Couldn't shift a OTO car with low miles and low owners for 130.

19. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Nospinzone, I agree with you on manuals, though I often feel like a fish swimming upstream based on the comments of people that believe you are not a true car guy unless you have a stick.

I grew up with manuals but I wouldn’t want a manual 612. I love my F1. Just the right combination of manual and automatic if you paddle shift. I also went and bought a C2 Vette and everyone said it isn’t a Vette without a 4 speed. So I am having a 4 speed put in it—BUT it is a jacked up automatic.

There are so many better alternatives to the manual today (eg. PDK if you are a Porsche fan) so the days and “rareness” value to manuals are numbered IMHO. And I am talking from the point of view of a guy that grew up on manuals (including 3s on the tree). Just imagine the viewpoint of a 20 something that has never heard of something called a “manual”.

As you said, the demographic is diminishing—even among old farts like me.

Bdearmas3, lee-o and 599_GTO like this.
  20. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    Hi - new poster but longtime reader here. I appreciate all of the comments through the years. I've been considering a 612 OTO - and it would be my first Ferrari. So its time to post and ask questions. I see 5 OTO's for sale right now - 2010, 2009, and two 2008s. (I'm not interested in the 2010 red one). Is anyone familiar with these cars? One of the 2008s was discussed on this forum fairly extensively, and turned negative after 2013. The 2010 black one is in south FL where I'm a little skittish about buying. I did by a 997TT from down there and have been very happy with it. (I've had a slew of Porsches of all types)

Carfax's:
    2010 - https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/t1KfJksVKd5lQ7hQnO_8LcUtYbJw4uTqCnFI_OoO3KUIKqC4h6Q2IV--s8OkDV0fgJ_j8Kts3KV9UXV5lvzeNWzgvWvWQdvKb1c
    2009 - https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/ewExjKsi29wRm4nihUvYrfFkZTzceAt-PQuPbrmGYVYij-ahfkCp36KdIP2VgASOOd4EFec7D5QmNuVrc1B2HdeEQtxXdvPRUBE
    2008 - Merlin car discussed here - can't find carfax on it - https://www.*******************/2008-ferrari-612-scaglietti-oto-c-467.htm
    2008 - Don't think OTO - but options look good and carfax record - https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/YvcSYc9ldccvzJ8pLBRewLCiiblfT3Ip_Pi9-qcrsrMc_hZKei-_lwBxqlsrj3bw0cKhrSFZ3YxzX8TRDodb70qiioYhwXSleQg

Anyway, this looks like the place to find out about cars in this small world of 612's. I love the modernized version of the old Ferrari's and I must admit it would be nice to carry along the 10 year old once in a while :)

FerrariTexas likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i dont personally know any of those cars but i like the color combo of the merlin car the best. the lambo gold coast car infotainment area looks a little tired given the low mileage - cld be bad pics.
    on a black 612 i like silver calipers, then red, then black, than yellow.
    i like the quilted seats option.
    merlin car needs a set of oem OTO wheels.
    of those 3 id prob go for the charlotte car unless you can get a meaningful enough discount on the 20k mile car.

22. Bdearmas3

Bdearmas3 Rookie

Sep 9, 2015
    Miami
    A new set of OTO wheels could go up to $5k. So plan for it.

23. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There were no special OTO wheels. They were just the 20" Challenge wheels that had been optional on the 612 from around 2006. 599 Challenge wheels fit, too, and are an inch wider in the rear. Fronts are identical.

24. ThunderRolls

ThunderRolls Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2010
    Deep South
    Thanks for the responses - I have a list of questions about the most common issues (don't seem to be many) that I'm going to follow up on them with, that I have gathered from this site: cam belt, sticky knobs, instrument panel, roof panel, rim condition, dashboard shrinkage. After that it might be time for an inspection depending on what I find out. I've had a dozen or so Porsches through the years, and most have performed very well, but sometimes there are issues that crush the enjoyment of the car. I have a 997.1TT nicely modded probably 700-750hp that screams and corners. The 612 is something I'm looking at for just sheer cruising fun. The insights from FerrariChat I think have been invaluable leading to my now serious look for one.

25. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    ThunderRolls you came up with a pretty good list of potential issues but there can be many others such as clutches, brakes, shocks, ball joints, etc. So be sure to get a quality PPI as these issues can be very costly.

Also if the target car is not in your state make sure you ferret out any potential smog issues that may not be picked up in a PPI that would not allow you to register the car in your state. For example in CA you have to have ALL lights on the computer tick over on the smog test while in many states they allow one to not tick over and still pass you. So a car that passes smog in another state may not pass in CA. 612s and other Ferraris of that era have a known issue of the secondary air monitor not ticking over. CA will make you fix the ECU even though the car doesn’t smog and will pass a tailpipe test. Again something that can be very costly.

FerrariTexas likes this.