Favorite F1 Podcasts | FerrariChat

Favorite F1 Podcasts

Discussion in 'F1' started by 05011994, Aug 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    With the summer break I have been listening to the F1 podcasts I enjoy. I am curious which podcasts others are listening to.

My favorite is Motorsport Magazine's monthly podcast, they have some great guests and particularly interesting conversations, Allister Caldwell is always entertaining with his disdain of the current F1 and his frustrations with James Hunt when he at McLaren. Damon Hill's most recent interview was good as well, he openly admits Schumacher was in a different league than him.

I also enjoy Formula1Blog.com's weekly podcasts, Paul Charsley's driver's view of the races and the drivers provides a level of insight and critique that is missing in other podcasts. His take that there are just too many penalties and that most of what is being complained about is just aggressive racing.

For just sophomoric fun along with occasional great interviews like Mario Andretti and David Hobbs, F1andDone is crudely funny and entertaining. Be prepared to be offended (and also possibly laugh out loud).

I must say my least favorite is the BBC Five Live group, they just cannot not be objective and Jenny Gow is the worst.

I used to really enjoy Peter Windsor's The Recer's Edge and The Flying Lap before that because of all of the great guests he was able to procure. Unfortunately his podcasts have been discontinued for several years.

Please share your favorite podcasts, I am always trying to find more quality content to listen to on my commute every day.

2. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    There used to be a great podcast called F1 Rejects that concentrated on the back of the grid teams. It was really funny. They have just started again, but are now just called Rejects Podcast. https://twitter.com/rejectspodcast is their Twitter page. I'm sure you can find their podcast from there.

3. Sunracer

Sunracer Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Makati City
    Full Name:
    Pierre Beniston
    good stuff 050, thankis

4. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
  5. pawlie

pawlie Formula Junior

May 10, 2006
    Philly, USA
    Full Name:
    Paul F.
    I've been looking for a good motorsport podcast...thanks for the suggestions 05011994!