new FerrariChat.com promotional video | Page 2 | FerrariChat

new FerrariChat.com promotional video

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Cool! Please remove your commercial avatar, profile pic, and link in profile. Thanks.

2. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I wonder how your unpaid moderators feel about that statement...or are you paying them now?

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    AFAIK even the mods at the big publicly traded forum companies (IB, etc) are unpaid.

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ok, that wasn't my point though - I shouldn't have muddied it with the paid/not paid part.

The point: "It's nice to have people" implies Rob had nobody helping him before...which couldn't be further from reality. If I were one of his moderators (paid or not), I'd be pissed-off by that statement.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ******* much? Since when have mods ever done video production, wrote articles, SEO, cross posted social media, print advertising, sponsorships, accounts receivables, accounts payable, book keeping, taxes, server admin, development, security consulting, or HR?

Mods volunteer, I'm not demanding, they know they can do what they want when they want to do it, and they certainly let me know if they have a problem. Moderation has always been a community activity by the users for the users. Want hired mods that aren't involved with the community, that is possible, but IMHO bad for community. I have been wrong though.

6. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Paid/unpaid wasn't the point. My bad for bringing it up...I fixed in a subsequent post.

You still don't seem to get it though. You have had a TON of help. FChat wouldn't be where it is without their help or - might I add - the users who create all of your content. How many articles have been written - like 3?

Yah, you do all the back office stuff. Big whoop. You also get 100% of the profits. You could have afforded to pay for employees in the past but you're just too cheap.

BTW, the video is a real yawnfest.

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ok got it. Thanks Rob.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Since you hate the community so much and just want to be caustic in front of those who do enjoy it, then bye. You obviously aren't insync with the community because most are enjoying the video AND FerrariChat the way it is. I have never taken credit for all of FerrariChat. I always say users make the community what it is. Obvious you just want to troll and attack.

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #34 darth550, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    #35 GuyIncognito, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Video is saying removed by user?

GT

12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, I got the same.

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Maybe an Admin could fill us in with a new link?

Hello?? Admin??? Anybody home? Anyone???

GTHill: "Admin. . . Admin. . . Admin?"

NeuroBeaker: "Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Rob pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

GTHill: "Thank you, Beaker."

NeuroBeaker: "No problem whatsoever."

:D

D

14. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

^ Best. line. ever.

And a damn good movie, too.

15. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    relisted...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIvNuJRwVA[/ame]

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

17. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Thanks Chas.

Nice video! Definitely promotes the Ferrari side of FerrariChat. However, I think it would be great if we did a video on the real FerrariChat. For sure, all the great Ferrari content but...

"If you are feeling froggy, visit the politics and religion subform where you can freely observe and commit the most common of human fallacies. There's a 7% chance you'll be banned but that is part of growing up on FChat."

"Have something to say but don't really want many people to read it? Rossa is for you. Its $50 per year but the value of having the "Rossa Subscribed" and access to the exclusive Rossa subform is priceless."

"Also, if you choose to subscribe, you can view daily rants that appear like clockwork. Looking to start a business or invest? The business and investments section is a great place to learn that its going to be really ****ing difficult to do whatever it is you wanted to do before you got there."

GT

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Liked the video. I would think you might have mentioned that enthusiasts also post Ferraris for sale - especially those well cared for by members. But maybe you don't want salesman showing up. What drew me to FChat initially was the concentration of data on the brand in one place. Really no other place like it.