Mini Italian Car show, Little Italy Baltimore | FerrariChat

Mini Italian Car show, Little Italy Baltimore

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by zebra308, Aug 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Hello everyone,
    I'm sorry to be asking this so late. I am one of the organizers for the 2 Italian festivals in Little Italy. Ever since the 2009 car show where we had about 70 Italian cars on the street of Little Italy (my old neighborhood), I wanted to get the cars back there. Each time there was some reason it was not feasible.

We were able to secure a section of Stiles St. right across from Vacarro's pastry shop to do a mini Italian car show for the St. Gabriele's festival this August 20th (Sat.) and 21st.(Sun.). The event starts at 12:00 Sat and 11:00 on Sunday ending around 7:00pm.

It's the street adjacent to the parking lot where the film festivals happen. It will allow for about 10 cars to park there.

The festival, for those who are unfamiliar with it, features live bands both Sat. and Sunday, vendors, a bocce tournament and best of all..."Italian" specialty foods ( Porquetta, fried dough, calzone, Italian roast beef, sausage and peppers, cannoli, etc., etc., etc., prepared by the cooks from the neighborhood. One of the newer features is an Italian sausage eating contest sponsored by Roma Gourmet on Sunday at 3:00.

I'm planning on bringing my 308 GTBi for display and wondered if anyone else might be interested?

Thanks in advance.

2. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Which day? If you come to Annapolis cars and coffee Sunday you could recruit some cars and drivers. I have a email list we can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    I loved the Little Italy shows when they happened. They tried Harbor East a couple times but even that died. Would be happy to attend if I was not going to be on the beach in Mexico slurping margaritas! I hope it is a success and comes back again next year. Good Luck!

4. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Out of town on Saturday but would be interested in Sunday.
    I can bring the 360 Spider.

5. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Thanks for the response.
    I have been trying for several years to get some Italian cars at these festivals. When the Gran Prix was here, the Andretti family sent one of the Indy cars to display inside the festival borders and we talked about shutting the street down and getting more Italian cars involved. That all went away when the GP left town...

We get to close the street down for the weekend starting Sat Aug. 20th and Sunday Aug. 21st. A friend of mine sent pictures of your event in Annapolis and that was inspiration enough to try and see what I could do.

I would love to attend the cars and coffee event in Annapolis, however other commitments prevent that, but thanks for the invite...one day...I'll come down.

6. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Thanks and that's the idea. Hopefully this will lead to bigger things?

7. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Would love to see it and I'm sure it'll garner a lot of attention from the attendees.
    Thanks..

8. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al

I'll try to make it this coming weekend in the 430. You have secured parking, right?

Sent by itsy bitsy electrons

9. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #9 junglistluder, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Al, what day are you going? I can bring the 360 on Sunday, and could even meet you somewhere and caravan the rest of the way.

11. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al

Yes, we could leave Cars and Coffee about 11am, then swing by my house to pickup my wife on the way.

12. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    Confirmed these cars from Annapolis CnC
    Arriving around noon, Sunday

Al - 430 Spider
    Killer - 360 Spider
    Dale - 308 Twin turbo
    Barchetta- 308
    Tommy - Lamboghini Aventador
    Chris - Lamboghini Gallardo

Dale won't be in the caravan

13. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al

Dr Anthony 458 Spider confirmed to join our caravan. That makes 8 confirmed for reserved parking in my group.

14. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Thanks ...be good to see you all.
    We have the area reserved for Italian cars only all day...you can park there and leave when you wish.

15. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm just seeing this, so planning is difficult, but I can try to get my 348 there on Sunday.

16. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    I should have room for maybe 12-16 cars total...hope you can make it.

17. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    I think I might go Saturday instead of Sunday, if that's ok? Sunday looks like a washout.

Do you have an address for us to use Google GPS map?

18. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    Anyone else going tomorrow (Saturday)?

19. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Hello all,
    First I want to apologize for not responding to the emails and posting back on the board.
    I get a bit overwhelmed running this event.
    I want to thank all of you who brought your cars on Saturday.
    I glanced at the parking area and noticed a few cars. Again, thanks for coming as all I heard was good comments about you guys being there, it certainly added to the festival.
    This was a spur of the moment idea and I could not dedicate as much time to setting this up as I would have liked to. If we do this again, I promise more thought will be given to organizing it.
    Again, Mille Grazie!

20. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Full Name:
    Al
    Understand. We would have preferred Sunday after Cars and Coffee but the rain forecast forced us to attend Saturday, last minute. It was a great event - thanks for posting [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]