F355 Market | Page 82 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    GTB 328s routinely trade for 150k+. They bring a lot more than the GTS versions due to their rarity.

2. scrappin35

scrappin35 Karting

Dec 13, 2011
    FT Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Jim H
    I hate to speculate on this one but there certainly seems to be some originality questions...steering wheel, radio. Also the description States believed to be 30000 miles? Could have been either an informed buyer or a great deal

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3. Niteroi

Niteroi Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Del
  4. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    $60k + fees seems reasonable for 50k mile example.

6. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Apparently this car had a branded car fax

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    The 89 sold for 105k.....very weak.

8. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    A 1999 Bl/TN F355 that was listed awhile back at Exotic Motors Midwest is on Ebay being sold by premier leasing group.

Ferrari 355 | eBay

9. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm not a fan of those cartoonish looking photos with whatever filter folks have been using recently. When I see those - first thing that comes to mind is they are trying to make the car look better than it actually is.

10. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  11. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
  12. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  13. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
  14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Car was listed here in Classifieds (add deleted). IIRC, started at $105K then dropped a few times to (IIRC) $75K so looks like the buyer was smart to list elsewhere and do the action.

I don't know anything about BAT so is this like ebay where the deal could fall thru?

15. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I just sold a car on BAT. It's a nice setup. All bidders are charged a deposit before bidding and also immediately charged a final value fee if they win it (I think 5%).

Yes they could back out, but after paying the commission it's a good incentive to follow through.

Also no sniping, timer resets at last minute bids and I like the commentary as well.

16. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    Here is a write-up on how BAT works.

Bring a Trailer

I have never personally bought or sold anything through them, but I know several that have with success. It's quite a bit different than Ebay, and I think it lends itself better to buying and selling cars than Ebay does IMHO. The folks at BAT are selective about which cars they accept for auction. The seller pays $250 to list. The buyer pays a 5% buyer fee with a max of $5k no matter what the car sells for. Buyer's and sellers have to have an account and credit card with BAT to sell or bid. When you win an auction, you are immediately charged the buyer's fee of 5% so this creates some motivation for the buyer to go through with it. I like the open comments that everyone can see if there are questions and/or anyone with direct knowledge of the cars.

17. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I have watched bat auctions and im kinda digging them.
    Better than ebay I feel as ebay seems more like auto tradder now than auctions.

18. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    Yeah, the no sniping is the best feature. Each time someone bids within the last couple minutes, the clock resets to two minutes. On this F355 auction, the clock reset about 20 times. It was cool to watch...more like a live auction.

19. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Thanks, Brian and Jim for the education. Seems kinda cool but I hate auctions - I just prefer to make a deal and buy. I also hate having to add the fee in when bidding (yeah, I bought stuff for too much before :) )

20. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
  21. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
  22. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Main reason cars are not selling is that they are rougher around the edges than you would want for full value. And you see that when looking up close.

For example... When guys are refinishing their own sticky parts (and not sending them to the experts) and you see swirl marks and uneven coats in the finish. That may be "fixed" but if you see that there are always other short cuts that were taken. I've seen some of these cars in person during my travels like the one at Fof nj. For higher prices, buyers want the car to be right.

Many of those out there are just not right in all the details.

Robb

23. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    I hear you!,, a lot of these cars are projects with corners cut..FWIW back in 2003 I looked at the absolute worst example of a 355 I have seen in my life for the age and mileage and a one owner car no less..It had only 5,000 miles and I could not believe the way this car was cared for.. More like disbelief!..what somebody could do to this car in only 6 years and that low of miles..These cars need to be in the right owners hands , or else they will surely show it!