No more dealer plates/paper plates in California | Page 2 | FerrariChat

No more dealer plates/paper plates in California

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Flash G, Jul 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Unless they can't wait to mount their vanity plate, exotic owners around here will run for YEARS with a dealer plate on the back and the real plates in the trunk with the ready excuse that "they just arrived and I haven't had the time to mount them yet" or "my tech had to order the proper screws and they haven't come in yet." This has many advantages, including a pass on mounting the front plate. In areas with traffic light cameras, enforcement is strict. Tickets are issued most often when parked, but even when moving. It's like a broken tail light. Gives the officer a reason to interrogate if only to admire the car.

2. opencollector

opencollector Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    CA Central Coast
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    License plates are a pointless formality if you can operate a car without one and no one minds. Until driving without displaying a real plate gets you stopped _right now_, and carries a expensive penalty whether you've got them or not, this will continue to be the case.

Adam Carolla claims that he never installs plates on any of his newish cars, even after years of ownership, because it's all downside.

3. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
  4. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jan 2015 "For now, only California has opened the door to testing the technology. But no pilot has yet taken place."

5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm surprised this was even allowed in the first place.

6. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    I liked having the freedom to not have a front plate. Now this is going to open us up for even more hits, the dealer will start drilling the front bumper next on all our exotics at delivery!

Step by step....