Great tire installer in the East Bay | FerrariChat

Great tire installer in the East Bay

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Mass1mo, Sep 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mass1mo

Mass1mo Rookie

Jan 29, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Bought my first Ferrari in June.... a gorgeous '06 F430 with only 6000 miles. Unfortunately it still had the original tires, which were manufactured in 2005. I was kind of nervous as to where to go to get the tires replaced. Well I found the right place. Roger Krause Racing in Castro valley. I purchased the tires at Tire Rack and had them shipped to the shop. I had already talked to them. They did tell me they would charge a little more for installing on the Ferrari since they would take extra care. I could not have been happier with the work. They layed out the bolts neatly on towels, not on the ground, carefully removed center caps. used socket with plastic lining to make sure the wheels would not be scratched. They use a Corghi touch less tire machine. They inflated tires properly and hand torqued the bolts. Wheels and tires were wiped clean. Best of all the techs were told to take their time and not rush but to do a great job. They are definitely car guys that appreciate and love cars. The techs took their time, probably took about an hour and a half. Could you imagine one of the main tire shops doing that. I am incredibly picky and I could not have been happier with the job they did.

2. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    Great! What did they charge per wheel for labor?

3. Mass1mo

Mass1mo Rookie

Jan 29, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Their normal charge for installing Tire Rack tires is $30 each. I was charged only $40 each.... well worth it!

4. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    Great! Thank you!