Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Horrible Experience with Norwood Autocraft! Beware of Bob Norwood

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Schulz308, Sep 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    #176 Formula Uno, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016

either that or he is a total idiot

2. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Important to note the difference and not let the galactic stupidity of this current situation cast any negative light whatsoever on Messrs Patterson and Luongo at Norwood Auto Italia.

3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I was not. Thank you for clearing that up.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Rob - great point. As a suggestion - perhaps change the thread title to reflect that? I'd hate to see the wrong place hurt from this (via google searches, etc)

5. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I was also not aware of this connection to another party. What do you suggest Rob?

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The title is correct, that is Bob's company and his name is in title.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ok, so I guess your post to clarify the company was not really needed :D

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It is needed, because most people can't figure out that because Norwood is in name it isn't the same.

9. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    It definitely is needed, thank you. I googled them and got both results. Had to look at each site carefully to figure who was who.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

So the Norwoods kerfuffle here is also doing damage to another company, or potentially so. Hmmm. . . I betcha, depending of course on the purchase agreement, that this might also be actionable.

Geez, could it get much worse for $2K?

D

11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Which is why I Suggested a slight alteration to the thread title (something that will be seen way before people read all the posts).....

But what do I know...... :D

12. warrenz

warrenz Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Sweet S Ranch
    Full Name:
    Regis Bragg Stevenson
    Bob is a total stand up dude.
    one of his hanger on ers hooked me up w/my QV euro
    stole my books out of the trunk when I hit the rest room
    Famous Drag Racer,
    Big Time agent for SuperFonz
    Bob is AWESOME
    Richard is a PUNK/THIEF

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Birds of a feather flock together.

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

ok lost me with this one.

SuperFonz?

Hanger on ers?

Richard?

C'mon, talking in code only works if we all have the same decoder ring.

D

15. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

Rob, thanks much!

Unfortunately, most people (like myself) didn't know.

I think there may be a consensus to revise the title thread and add your comment as the intro post for clarification.

There's no need to poison the fruit of the infected tree.

Sent by itsy bitsy electrons

16. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Wow, what a train wreck. :(

This could have easily been avoided if they just returned the OP's $2000 and thanked him for his business.

Very disappointing to see....

17. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    This is exactly how to handle it.

18. james patterson

james patterson Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 8, 2003
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    James Patterson

Rob - Thank you for posting this and clearing the air of who is who.

A quick 'Norwood' history:
    1)Bob started Norwood Ferrari Service in the 1970's and changed the name to Norwood Autocraft in the 1980's.
    2)I bought part of Bob's business to service road cars and do performance work on Ferrari's in 1999 and named it Norwood Performance.
    3)In 2014 I partnered with Michael Luongo and Colin Cohen and we changed the name of Norwood Performance to Norwood Auto Italia, we have not done any turbo's or major modifications to cars in many years. Norwood Auto Italia does service on Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati's, we do restorations and we do race prep and track support for Challenge cars in the Maranello Cup and other club series.

My business has had no affiliation with Bob for a great number of years but Bob and I are still good friends. I worked for Bob for many years and owe him a great deal of thanks for my success. I don't know anything about the transaction the OP had with Bob so I can't add any meaningful commentary but I can say I've know Bob for more than 35 years and he always treated me with respect and I have never know him to intentionally mislead anyone.

I hope Bob and the other party are able to find an amicable resolution to their dispute.

Thank you,
    James Patterson
    Norwood Auto Italia

19. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Train wreck alright....I'd have kept the deposit too. Stuff the OP...he got cold feet and wasted everyone's time. He's lucky it's only $2k!

Moral of the story is...do your homework THEN buy, not the other way around.

20. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Thank you for a does of common sense/reality!

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Best you sticky this to the very TOP of this thread.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't think we can sticky a post in thread.

23. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    Interesting read.

I've always believed that there are three sides to every story: his, hers, and the truth (that lies somewhere in between his & hers)...or in this case guy A & guy B & the truth.

I think it's sad if Bob is being dishonest, but I also think it's sad to see how fast - without truly knowing all the facts - such a lynch mob mentality formed against someone that (up to now) had a great reputation in the Ferrari world . At least give Bob some credit! Why is everyone so quick to jump against him based on the accusations of one person?

It's odd how everyone is quick to believe bad news and half stories, but scoffs at good news or facts.

Honestly, the chest-puffing bravado and brash attitude bickering I've seen posted, from both Schulz308 and bigred95 , sound more like trash-talking between two young street turks that feel "disrespected" by each other than the calm discussions of grown mature men.

This whole airing of dirty laundry in public in order to trash another because you didn't get your way just comes off as childish. Take it court, THEN post the TRUE case results, if you really want to warn others about genuine dishonesty.

I would almost verbalize that I've personally been in bigred95's shoes, and well as Schulz308's, and that so & so should do "X", BUT...I don't know all the TRUE FACTS involved, so I'll refrain giving advice based on who I THINK is in the right.

24. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    #199 glob1971, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Read the posts and answers of the seller's minion, it says all. None of us is able to say who is right or wrong, but there is a minimum of decency expected from a seller. And this is where the problem is, so take the time to read all and hopefully you will understand.

25. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Great!

I have some property here in Central Florida, real close to the beautiful Florida Everglades, that I would love to sell you. I only need a $2000 deposit to hold your parcel until you can come and see it and close the deal.

The fact that I fail to tell you the property is several feet under water has no bearing on whether you get your deposit back, right?

Right.

A seller who solicits a deposit to hold merchandise that is misrepresented has no legal, moral or ethical right to keep the buyers money when he discovers the true condition of the product/property.
    Alden